PDA

View Full Version : FRUITY 4.52 Is OUT!?!?!?

DJZeMig_L
29-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Fruity Studio. 4.5.2 has as main new thang the sytrus (http://www.flstudio.com/Sytrus/), the new FL team babey!

New Stuff/bugfix´s in 4.5.2 (04/03/04)

» Upgraded plugin menus : easier way to browse/automatparameters.

» Added 3 band equalizer and soft mode option in Sytrus.

» Added (basic) import for Yamaha DX-7 presets

» Added option to use mixer position as playback position,
for those who have crappy sound drivers and experience
jerky playback cursors.

» Small bugfix in event editor zoom/select.

» Small bugfix in effect preset selector.

» Bugfix in Sytrus (was unstable).

» Little glitch fix in Sytrus.

» Changed scale for harmonics level editing in Sytrus.

» Fixed problem with some ZIP files not created (really this time).

» Small bugfix in automation recording.

» Fixed arp/slide last bugs (I hope).

» Fixed tiny visual glitch in browser.

» Notes in step seq now restricted to the channel's keyzone.

» Added repeat mode to arpeggiator.

» Sytrus presets are now compressed (was needed for the VSTi version)

Download (http://tucows.telepac.pt/files3/FLStudio452_Install.exe)

downloading.... 3...2....1.... :P

Z

Col
29-03-2004, 10:04 PM
fruity never stops updating. not that im complaining.

Dustin Zahn
31-03-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm a fan of FLStudio but the program is really starting to piss me off. It's VSTi support is horrible. Everytime I try and run a VSTi or some heavy duty FX it crashes and locks up my computer. I'm not the only one. Pro-53 works alright with FLStudio and the FM7 and Absynth are decent...but a lot of the VSTi like Reaktor, Absynth 2, CS-80, etc. all suck in conjunction with FLStudio.

I used to really like the fact that FL limited me, making me think about what I want to do and making more with less. The time has come where I really want to pump out some heavy duty synth work and FLStudio isn't cutting it lately. They really need to talk to companies like N.I. and get things straight if they want to take another big leap in the Sequencing market.

Sam_Horam
31-03-2004, 11:14 AM
I used to really like the fact that FL limited me, making me think about what I want to do and making more with less. The time has come where I really want to pump out some heavy duty synth work and FLStudio isn't cutting it lately.

I agree with this totally...I upgraded my PC to pretty decent specs and I'm runnin a Delta 1010 and FLStudio just can't handle some VSTis very well. You having to keep bouncing stuff down all the time. It's very restrictive and certainly affects the creative process.

Barely Human
31-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Ive never, ever had a problem with fruity running anything. Take this track i made for instant. It has -

57 Sampler Channels,(4 of them Slicer)
6 V-Stations
3 Atmospheres
51 Mixer Channels
102 Vst Effects
180 Patterens Used
3 Audio Clips
Shit load of automation

This track runs completely fine on my laptop, which has a shit soundcard. I cant see why your wouldnt be running right?? What spec is your pc?

EmotionComplex
31-03-2004, 01:51 PM
102 Vst Effects

:wtf:

Dustin Zahn
31-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Ive never, ever had a problem with fruity running anything. Take this track i made for instant. It has -

6 V-Stations
3 Atmospheres
51 Mixer Channels
102 Vst Effects
180 Patterens Used
3 Audio Clips
Shit load of automation

This track runs completely fine on my laptop, which has a shit soundcard. I cant see why your wouldnt be running right?? What spec is your pc?

that's incredibly nuts. For my laptop, I've got a P4 2.4 ghz, with 512 MB of ram using the stock sound card. I believe the harddrive is 7200rpm.

DJZeMig_L
31-03-2004, 06:05 PM
on a laptop I would bet it's a 5400Rpm.

Have u tryed using the same VSTis as a DXi?.. some stuff works better like that... maybe a bigger buffer can help out a bit! :(

I will go a little down the line and say that most of times u r better off using the DX driver 4 yer soundcard ... unless u plan 2 rewire or somethin' I would just use DX driver...

Z

The Overfiend
01-04-2004, 04:28 PM
I used to really like the fact that FL limited me, making me think about what I want to do and making more with less. The time has come where I really want to pump out some heavy duty synth work and FLStudio isn't cutting it lately.

I agree with this totally...I upgraded my PC to pretty decent specs and I'm runnin a Delta 1010 and FLStudio just can't handle some VSTis very well. You having to keep bouncing stuff down all the time. It's very restrictive and certainly affects the creative process.

Agreed totally!

audioinjection
01-04-2004, 04:52 PM
I've used 4 Moog Modulars,V-Station, and FM7, plus waves stuff in FL Studio and it runs smooooothly

Dustin Zahn
01-04-2004, 07:05 PM
That's insane. My comp will buckle under the use of one Moog Modular depending on the intensity of the patch. Then again I have a lot of mastering plug-ins running but that shouldn't have to be a factor. BUT, are you on a desktop or a laptop? Laptops are generally slower.

Barely Human
01-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Im on a laptop.

audioinjection
01-04-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm on desktop

Dustin Zahn
01-04-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm on desktop

That could change everything. A desktop with the same specs as a laptop is still more powerful.

EmotionComplex
01-04-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm on desktop

That could change everything. A desktop with the same specs as a laptop is still more powerful.

laptops can sometimes end up running at almost half there clock speed after a few hours use due to inferior cooling abilities cant they ?

Dustin Zahn
01-04-2004, 09:03 PM
There's all sorts of ways for laptops to slack, but yes.

DJZeMig_L
01-04-2004, 09:30 PM
U gotta remember that mastering and final plug ins eat up a hell of a lot of resources m8!!!

also there is a few ways 2 save up on resorces in fruity like smart disable all plug ins, not use the included channel delay (th one on the misc page of each generator if I remeber correctly)!

"...on a laptop I would bet it's a 5400Rpm.

Have u tryed using the same VSTis as a DXi?.. some stuff works better like that... maybe a bigger buffer can help out a bit! :(

I will go a little down the line and say that most of times u r better off using the DX driver 4 yer soundcard ... unless u plan 2 rewire or somethin' I would just use DX driver... ..."

Z

skron
02-04-2004, 10:36 PM
6 V-Stations
3 Atmospheres
51 Mixer Channels
102 Vst Effects
180 Patterens Used
3 Audio Clips
Shit load of automation

:shock: :mashed: :wtf: