PDA

View Full Version : New Tune - Listen!

Tyrisia
30-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Am quite pleased with this, let me know what u think :lol:

Click Me! (www.tyrisia.com/Will_Bithell-Groove_D.mp3)

dan the acid man
31-03-2004, 12:28 AM
some nice ideas but i would like to see a more driving rhthym section going on, maybe some more hats, it also sounds a little dry, try adding a touch more reverb and spacing things out a little

Tyrisia
31-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Thanx for the comments Dan, I actually tried workin some snares in this morning, as an underlying loop, I'll have another go, altho there's lots of percussion in there, just filtered to death. I know what u mean tho, when listenin to other stuff it's got more punch than mine - I'll have another blast at it. :lol:

Tyrisia
31-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Added more percussion, both links load the new track.

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/Will_Bithell-Groove_D.mp3)

dan the acid man
01-04-2004, 07:40 PM
the snares add more to it, keep improving and you will get there in the end

deCipal
02-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Tyrisia,

Sounds great so far... Totally agree with Dan tho, needs some heavier snares added to it, and maybe a higher mid range. Its sounding just a bit flat at the moment if you know what i mean.

Definately like it though. Cant wait to hear the finished product.

Good luck.

VOMATRON
02-04-2004, 09:32 AM
yes! like this a lot...EXCEPT for the bit phrenetic sound coming on at 1: 50, you should really put that more in the background, it dominates too much, its ok at first but it gets annoying after a while. but really a solid beat, that could become very much alive after some more effects,and a bit more percussioning. its a great foundation this

nice! :)

Tyrisia
02-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Well, I had a drastic re-think on this one, it's got a synth in it now, and the flavour of the track has changed quite a bit, more percussion etc - thoughts anyone?

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/Will_Bithell/Groove_D.mp3)

Tyrisia
02-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Try this link instead :oops:

Click (www.tyrisia.com/Will_Bithell-Groove_D.mp3)

mux
02-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Nice! Pounding and driving. Good stuff. I really like some of your 'end of 32 bars' percussion changeups, and that background gated reverb thing, sounds like a cross between a reverb and a dog barking. Agreed on the tip above that you might want to put the lead synth a bit more in the background, maybe even with a touch of "hall" reverb to give it that "arena techno" feel.

Your snares could use a bit of squashing down - I like the feel they generate, but I've found that folks like Glenn Wilson etc manage to do the 16th-note snares and maintain that frenzied energy without them necessarily coming across as snaredrums. Not sure exactly how they do it, but you might consider throwing some distortion and compression on them, and carefully adjusting the mix.

Just my opinions. :) Sounds like it'd destroy a dancefloor at 4am!

Tyrisia
02-04-2004, 08:42 PM
mux - cheers m8, glad u like! haven't done a final mix yet as still work in progress, but I get u're point about the snares and the synth, I reckon distortion and a filter will probably disguise the snares a bit, I'll have a go at that.

I'm hoping to finish it sometime in the next week or so, so I'll post the results then.

Cheers

dan the acid man
03-04-2004, 02:25 PM
this is starting to sound alot better

Tyrisia
03-04-2004, 06:19 PM
This is pretty much the finished version, dropped the synth an octave and distorted the drums.

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/Will_Bithell-Groove_D-01.mp3)

MangaFish
03-04-2004, 08:54 PM
personally i prefered it w/o the fx.

cant really comment on the production side of things as ur a long way ahead of my skills. but its sounded technically good :)

Jimfish
14-04-2004, 02:35 PM
oh mate,
grooves a bit flat on this one to be honest.. dont think it would get me shakin my butt - id start again on the beats to be honest - the production is kinda getting there now but the tune just doesnt have the life that ur older bits had man.. :cry:
synth sounds ok but its a bit german for my tastes.. hehe guess i just dont like it man sorry!

Jimfish
14-04-2004, 02:38 PM
i think uve got heaps of potential skillz man, more than most - but i dont think this shows em off really *sob*

dan the acid man
14-04-2004, 02:47 PM
techinacally its alot better but its definetly missing that hook that gets you grooving (or nodding your head), i have the same problems whenever i write something

dan the acid man
14-04-2004, 02:49 PM
techinacaly wtf's that i meant technically

278d7e64a374de26f==