PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Steel EP - Drumcode 27

Numeric
31-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Drumcode return...

Quality sh*t, all four tracks, feelin the Hardcell and Par Grindvik beasts on the A side more though...

:clap:

killarava2day
31-03-2004, 10:18 AM
It's been a long time between drinks, but well worth the wait though...

Si the Sigh
31-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Any samples online? :eh:

Numeric
31-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah man...

www.tuneinn.com

Si the Sigh
31-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Nice one! I'll go & check it out. ;)

jonnyspeed
31-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Not always a fan of Adam Beyer because very poor releases like Ignition Key 2xLP but Drumcode and especially this Swedish Steel EP release... top stuff :clap:

basslinejunkie
31-03-2004, 12:44 PM
i didnt think 2 much of it 2 b honest,dunno y :roll:

stefano1981
31-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I loved Ignition Key. Only have it on CD though.

Paul Zykotik
31-03-2004, 02:25 PM
I thought Ignition Key was excellent. Always good to see producers that can turn their hand to other styles and do them well.

The Overfiend
31-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Hertz and Par Grindvik Murdered this ep!
The hertz track was a pleasant hard and clean surprize compared to the usual funky recipe.
The beyer henrik compilation was not as pumping as I would expect.
I would love to hear beyer return to the sound he used on say the time ltd remix?
as far as nils he always remains a dj's best friend.

8 out of ten.

drift9
31-03-2004, 03:55 PM
the grindvik track is the standout for me. this guy's been busting out as of late...

jonnyspeed
31-03-2004, 07:50 PM
I loved Ignition Key. Only have it on CD though.

You can have my mint copy on vinyl for a reasonable price+P&P if you want? PM me :)

Jimfish
31-03-2004, 08:31 PM
i loved igition key too, i thought it was brilliant

Chicago_Techno
31-03-2004, 09:41 PM

Especially the Speedy J remix of Ignition Key. ;)

Dustin Zahn
01-04-2004, 12:34 AM
The Speedy J remix of Ignition Key is such an amazing tune. I didn't really like the album per se, but the production quality was top notch.

As for the new Drumcode, I really like the Par Grindvik and Hertz cuts a shitload, but I think all the tracks are playable. I personally found the mastering quality of all the artists to be a bit sub-par but it doesn't stop me from buying it. The Hardcell track is what initially brought me to the record, but it's now clear the Grindvik cut is my favorite. I am sure people will complain about it's drummy toolness...but it's f*ckin drumcode! These tracks are made to be that way and they pull it off perfectly. The last few times I've dropped these cuts at the right time the floor had gone mad.

I really think Par Grindvik is one of Sweden's next stars...he has a really nice old school flare to his style.

Capone
01-04-2004, 12:35 AM

Especially the Speedy J remix of Ignition Key. ;)

I'll second that, quality track.

Sunil
01-04-2004, 02:07 AM
I am sure people will complain about it's drummy toolness...but it's f*ckin drumcode! These tracks are made to be that way and they pull it off perfectly. The last few times I've dropped these cuts at the right time the floor had gone mad.

Too right, and it's about time Drumcode hit back with some useful tools.. Beyer used to make them in his sleep, now he prefers to put his name to tracks called "I love you" :nono:

The Overfiend
01-04-2004, 02:17 AM
Too right, and it's about time Drumcode hit back with some useful tools.. Beyer used to make them in his sleep, now he prefers to put his name to tracks called "I love you" :nono:

:clap: :clap:

tioneb
01-04-2004, 07:24 AM
ignition key is the best thing beyer has done so far...

like dustin, thats the hardcell one who made me buy the ep ... personnally i like to play the second part of the beyer & b track, just after the break.

tioneb
01-04-2004, 07:29 AM
I am sure people will complain about it's drummy toolness...but it's f*ckin drumcode! These tracks are made to be that way and they pull it off perfectly. The last few times I've dropped these cuts at the right time the floor had gone mad.

yeah you talk ironically about that, but looking at this fact on a more serious way, dont you think he got more mature sound ??? iread in interview beyer regrets having issued all his early planet rythm stuff, that he just wanted to issue tracks at the time, without caring about quality.

stefano1981
01-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the offer Johnny but I don't DJ, I just wasn't sure if the vinyl version was the same as the CD. I think the great thing about Ignition Key was the variety of styles on it. The were some really nice tracks on there that weren't techno and the production quality was outstanding. Compare this to the Chris Liebing album and it was very disappointed because the range of music was very limited.

Kevin Gorman
01-04-2004, 02:06 PM
i liked this record ever since i heard the samples of it on the drumcode website. Can't wait till the record stores stock it down here.

andy james
01-04-2004, 05:10 PM
very solid release from drumcode...perfect peak time dj tool!

HERTZ :twisted: i can't get enough of his style!!!!!!!!!

The Overfiend
01-04-2004, 05:16 PM
yeah you talk ironically about that, but looking at this fact on a more serious way, dont you think he got more mature sound ??? iread in interview beyer regrets having issued all his early planet rythm stuff, that he just wanted to issue tracks at the time, without caring about quality.

He didn't say that did he?

Kevin Gorman
01-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I remeber reading something that Adam Beyer thought that he released his first collaberations to quickly and gave the advice of...

"Take your time; don't rush to get your first record out (like I did)." - Adam Beyer

from http://www.hkclubbing.com/content/clubbing/djs/international/techno/adambeyer/interview.html

The Overfiend
02-04-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm not sure Beyer is saying that out of meaning it or trying to inadvertently slag other people. :scratch:
None of my business though so whatever is whatever.

tekboi
02-04-2004, 03:03 AM
I havent been into the drumcode sound at all since the early beauties. I hope they can get back to form coz I dont think they are in any form at all.

Drago
08-04-2004, 08:58 AM
I havent been into the drumcode sound at all since the early beauties. I hope they can get back to form coz I dont think they are in any form at all.

Neither have I, but I listened to Swedish Steel yesterday and apart from the outstanding tracks from Harcell, Hertz and Grindvik I actually think that Beyer and B's track is something new. I almost felt like the track took me through a story, and although I have had that with a mix before I have never felt that with an individual track.....quite brilliant. I urge all of you who felt they didn't like this track at first, to go back and listen to it with your eyes closed and let the track move you - hopefully you'll hear what I mean.

In conclusion, Drumcode 27 is an outstanding piece of Vinyl.....4 tracks worthy of more than the 8 Euro I paid for them :clap:

Numeric
08-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Neither have I, but I listened to Swedish Steel yesterday and apart from the outstanding tracks from Harcell, Hertz and Grindvik I actually think that Beyer and B's track is something new. I almost felt like the track took me through a story, and although I have had that with a mix before I have never felt that with an individual track.....quite brilliant. I urge all of you who felt they didn't like this track at first, to go back and listen to it with your eyes closed and let the track move you - hopefully you'll hear what I mean.

In conclusion, Drumcode 27 is an outstanding piece of Vinyl.....4 tracks worthy of more than the 8 Euro I paid for them :clap:

To be fair, i haven't even listened to the Beyer track properely yet. Been too busy with the others, which are all outstanding as you say...

I'll be sure to check it out after a couple of bongs tonight though...

:lol:

Clarkus
08-04-2004, 09:53 AM

It arrives today......woo hoo :dance: and i'll be sure to give the beyer track more attention. I've got a bad habbit of skipping through tracks and not giving them achance. :doh:

Drago
08-04-2004, 10:21 AM
[quote=Drago]

To be fair, i haven't even listened to the Beyer track properely yet. Been too busy with the others, which are all outstanding as you say...

I'll be sure to check it out after a couple of bongs tonight though...

:lol:

:lol: Fair play.....

Numeric
13-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I listened to the Beyer track the other night after some serious bong abuse...

It's a good tune, but for me, doesn't compare to the others on the EP...

Each to their own though...

:clap:

Col
13-04-2004, 04:52 PM
is it just me who thinks the hardcell track on this EP is awful? honestly, its lacking imagination, and the content is just pure cheese. it sounds like a good example of a hard house producers attempt at techno. hardcell is one of my favoured producers too. (defo the worst track ive heard from the guy) as for the grindvik track? sounds very average (probably the worst track ive heard from him too)

ive got to admit though, both the hertz, and beyer & henrik b tracks are exellent.

in true school report fashion: "could have done better"

Numeric
13-04-2004, 05:01 PM
is it just me who thinks the hardcell track on this EP is awful? honestly, its lacking imagination, and the content is just pure cheese. it sounds like a good example of a hard house producers attempt at techno. hardcell is one of my favoured producers too. (defo the worst track ive heard from the guy) as for the grindvik track? sounds very average (probably the worst track ive heard from him too)

ive got to admit though, both the hertz, and beyer & henrik b tracks are exellent.

What the f**k man!!

Hardhouse!! No way, both tunes on the A Side rip like f**k, proper minimal techno, no frills for sure, but that's the way we like it!!

Each to their own and everything though...

Col
13-04-2004, 05:11 PM

What the f**k man!!

Hardhouse!! No way, both tunes on the A Side rip like f**k, proper minimal techno, no frills for sure, but that's the way we like it!!

Each to their own and everything though...

i didnt say it sounded like a hard house track, i said it sounds like an attempt at techno from a hard house producer.

the annoying synth sound that runs throughout the track would sound right at home in a pop track. britney spears anyone?

The Overfiend
13-04-2004, 06:15 PM
I was not fond of the A Beyer and Henrik Track to be honest but the other 3 I thought were pure to form drumcode tracks, Finally.

karlo
13-04-2004, 06:38 PM
got test pressing. perfect stuff

Adverse
13-04-2004, 10:21 PM
aye, this shit is tasty. go hardcell.

Capone
14-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Hertz's track on it is the ****ing business, way better than his new release on Recycled Loops, IMHO.

Numeric
14-04-2004, 09:36 AM
i didnt say it sounded like a hard house track, i said it sounds like an attempt at techno from a hard house producer.

the annoying synth sound that runs throughout the track would sound right at home in a pop track. britney spears anyone?

I can see where you're coming from on the Hardcell joint, but for me it does more than your average Picotto esque wannabe techno track, it has the attitude, it has the grit, Britney Spears my arse...

Col
14-04-2004, 06:11 PM

I can see where you're coming from on the Hardcell joint, but for me it does more than your average Picotto esque wannabe techno track, it has the attitude, it has the grit, Britney Spears my arse...

sorry, i was been a little sarcastic. ironically hardcell is one of my fav producers. had he chose a synth sound with a little more originality, and used a bit more variation with the sound, i would have probably enjoyed the track.

djvartan
14-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Hardcell kicked everyones ass on that EP :cool:

Adverse
14-04-2004, 06:53 PM
i agree hardcell rocked it straight here.

Dustin Zahn
14-04-2004, 09:29 PM
The inside cut on his CLR was more or less the same track, but a little better structured, therefore I choose to play that version instead.

The Overfiend
15-04-2004, 01:35 AM
The inside cut on his CLR was more or less the same track, but a little better structured, therefore I choose to play that version instead.

Bang!

Thought I was the only one that noticed.

Numeric
15-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Is that the Riot Day EP?

278d7e64a374de26f==