PDA

View Full Version : Robert Hood - Atomic Jam

MARKEG
16-02-2003, 06:49 PM
I'm sure I saw that Rob Hood was headlining the next Atomic Jam. Has anyone heard him DJ recently? I remember hearing him once at Tribal Gathering around 96. What's he like now?

JACKSTAR
16-02-2003, 09:53 PM
If you like your Techno Hard (as I know u do) then don't bother going just to see him !!! I saw him at Lost about 2 years ago and was really disapointed. Don't get me wrong I have a few Hood records and he is a good producer but that night he didn't do it for me. He played "Destiny's Child" - Survivor in the middle of his set and 95% of the crowd soon came down off their high by wondering if they had walked into the wrong club.

P.

Anonymous
17-02-2003, 12:02 PM
If you like your Techno Hard (as I know u do) then don't bother going just to see him !!! I saw him at Lost about 2 years ago and was really disapointed. Don't get me wrong I have a few Hood records and he is a good producer but that night he didn't do it for me. He played "Destiny's Child" - Survivor in the middle of his set and 95% of the crowd soon came down off their high by wondering if they had walked into the wrong club.

P.

Atomic Jam is with Dave Clarke and Chris Finke.

Lets not forget how important Rob was in the early 90's. To be largely responsible for the way Techno has shaped itself needs some respect. I'm also interested in this "hardness" issue. Does it have to be rock hard all night?? In my opinion, Rob is one of the best dancefloor manipulators in the world, and by going to see him will never fail to inspire and educate.
Here's a little review I've found on the net relating to his performance at Orbit, Saturday just passed......

"Hood.....
Ridiculous.
Full semi live kit in effect...on point mixing for 3 hours straight.

He is the for me the 'producers' DJ...technically brilliant...amazing thought provoking production within the trax he selects...flowing...and a deep sound throughout..no gimmicks required thank-you."

"I thought Rob was superb, deep, different, dark, yet soulful and everything we expected him to be."

"so intense for the whole 3 hours, so controlled, never missing a beat. Couldn't make out many live segments, and couldn't honestly tell what he was doing all the way through, just coz he was so smooth and flowing. And the tunes were something else"

DOESN'T SOUND TOO SHODDY, DOES IT??

(PS- Jackstar- he was awesome at the last Lost party, Nov 02'. Are you talking about the one at Mass??)

gunjack
17-02-2003, 12:37 PM
If you like your Techno Hard (as I know u do) then don't bother going just to see him !!! I saw him at Lost about 2 years ago and was really disapointed.
P.

yeah dude, 2 years is a while. and rob plays diferently everytime, so i don't think your one experience seeing RH at lost qualifies you as someone capable of giving an accurate judgement on his abilities......

just a thought.

my $0.2 =
go see him. i heard he played over the weekend in the EU with Jay Denham.... that musta been kool!

Anonymous
17-02-2003, 12:51 PM
go see him. i heard he played over the weekend in the EU with Jay Denham.... that musta been kool!

Denham didn't play due to VISA problems. See my post above for some reports of Rob Hood's performance...... :)

gunjack
17-02-2003, 02:47 PM
visa problems?! WTF?! is there an immigration officer standing next to the decks or what?

JACKSTAR
17-02-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry for upsetting some of you but in my opinion (and this is what this forum is about) that Hood did not do it for me when I saw him play at Lost 02. :?

P.

Anonymous
17-02-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry for upsetting some of you but in my opinion (and this is what this forum is about) that Hood did not do it for me when I saw him play at Lost 02. :?

P.

You're not upsetting me, Paul, but remember, everyone has a bad night and judging a DJ on a single performance is a little unfair.

The first time I saw Surgeon play he was terrible, really poor, but then he blew my head off the next two times I saw him.......changed my opinion....

Out of interest, have you seen him any other time??

pesstar
17-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Hood set at Lost was very dissapointing in my eyes too, but then I had heard him before many times and every time he was briliant. Give him a chance, Paul.

JACKSTAR
17-02-2003, 07:30 PM
what is it pick on Paul day today ? only joking. I have sen Hood play 4 times.
I prefer to hear Rush anyday. I'm gonna leave it at that.

(hey Ryan did you get my personal message a few days ago ?)

P.

eyes without a face
17-02-2003, 08:54 PM
The next Jam is

Dave Clarke
Rob Hood
Chris Finke
Ade Fenton
Tony Work

not sure who they got on as regards to D n B, not arsed either really. it shud b a good night, shame its not at the Q alas its at Code. bad venue with a stonking system, shud b fun tho

Esox Lucius
18-02-2003, 10:43 AM
I would rather hear rush over hood anyday too, hood is a legend & a very good producer, but it`s whatever floats your boat though init!

scott are you defo going the jam?, there will be no d&b i don`t think if it`s at code.

BOXY
18-02-2003, 01:51 PM
NO THERE AINT NO D+B ROOM THE OTHER ROOM IS A BREAKS ROOM. AIN THE Q THE BEST VENUE THERE IS

krakp0t
18-02-2003, 07:16 PM
The first time I saw Surgeon play he was terrible, really poor, but then he blew my head off the next two times I saw him.......changed my opinion....

wtf is it with that guy? he plays great at tresor with ruskin + regis then totally half - asses it at tronic 8 months later. another 8 - 9 months goes by, he comes back to nyc and HE PLAYS THE SAME GODDAMN SET! off final scratch no less.

rob hood is awesome but rush is da one to rock the party.

Slammin Sam
19-02-2003, 07:30 PM
I can't wait for the next Jam....Robert Hood for 3 hours sounds too good. Hopefully will show the non stop bang bang massive at the Jam how Detroit does it.

Judging by reports of The Orbit last Saturday, its going to go right off.

djbuzzbe
20-02-2003, 12:21 AM
i heard rush play at ajam bout year and a half ago he is a cruel bstard :shock: i still have nightmares about dat set he fcking rocks shud get him back to play at the jam

Esox Lucius
20-02-2003, 10:39 AM
His set @ voodoo in may was unbelievable.

eyes without a face
20-02-2003, 08:21 PM
that Rush nite was my first ever Jam. Dave Clarke, Rush, Rockcliffe and Ade. ****in wikid nite. Dj Rush was incredible, some of the hardest electronic music ive ever heard in a club. as for the Voodoo nite... that took the p.iss, amazing nite

Slammin Sam
25-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Robert Hood was absolutely brilliant at Atomic Jam just gone.

Minimal but intense, and made it sound interesting for 3 hours. Mixed it up a bit to keep it interesting too.

Anonymous
25-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Hood was everything i expected. Minimal, funky, and suprisingly fast which worked really well. He played nice clean cut techno. Not a dull moment.

278d7e64a374de26f==