PDA

View Full Version : Elektron Machinedrum

EmotionComplex
01-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Ive liked the look of these for a while now and the demos ive heard sound like there very capable, what would be best for a live set up do you think, a machinedrum or a hardware sampler ?

DJZeMig_L
01-04-2004, 09:26 PM
different horses 4 different corses...

if I had just one choice it would b sampler with 16 outs!

Z

FILTERZ
05-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Machine drum has a great sequencer with a very tight and solid clock so makes a fantastic master clock source.

xfive
09-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Well if you are comparing the two then you must have one honkin' sampler in mind.. because the machinedrum is fairly pricey heheh
While the sampler may be better in terms of range of sounds you can have.. The machinedrum has its own sound, and tweakability that you can't get from samples. I'd say sequencing a relatively inexpensive sampler from it will give you the best of both worlds :)

Can't say enough great things about elektron. I own the machinedrum and the monomachine... the sounds they make are too sick, and the interface is to die for.

Cheers,
-Chris

FILTERZ
13-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Well if you are comparing the two then you must have one honkin' sampler in mind.. because the machinedrum is fairly pricey heheh
While the sampler may be better in terms of range of sounds you can have.. The machinedrum has its own sound, and tweakability that you can't get from samples. I'd say sequencing a relatively inexpensive sampler from it will give you the best of both worlds :)

Can't say enough great things about elektron. I own the machinedrum and the monomachine... the sounds they make are too sick, and the interface is to die for.

Cheers,
-Chris
heads up
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: electron

DJZeMig_L
13-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Okie the inicial post was about a live setup... MachineDrum is wicked... but If u wanna take yer already made tracks live then I guess the sampler is the way, u just get a hardware seq (or get both with somethin like an MPC1000) and trigger each track (after rendering them 2 seperate tracks, or by seperate patterns)...

The md is more if u play 2 do a lot of sounds from it, them u can tweak, etc... live!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==