PDA

View Full Version : Compresion question...

Barely Human
03-04-2004, 04:06 AM
If youve finshed a track, and your kick and bass sound spot on, would you compress em? And why?

MangaFish
03-04-2004, 06:10 AM
i always thought all the compression had to be done with the individual parts rather than the finished output

but i'm ont a beginner at all this

StoQ
03-04-2004, 09:32 AM
i prefer to compress kick + bass

EmotionComplex
03-04-2004, 10:28 AM
im not exactally a production expert myself but overall compression when set right can be good to level your volumes but recently i havent been bothering and have just been using ultramaximisation, it seems to give better results

romelpotter
03-04-2004, 11:25 AM
If it sounds spot on then why change it ;)

you can compress the whole mix but you need to consider why you are compressing the mix in the first place, it is to compress the dynamic range of the track ie squashing togeather the loudest bits and the quietest bits so that you can increase the overall level of the track. so what you are essentially doing is makeing the quietest bit of the track... louder whikst keeping the loudest bit of the track at the same volume.

The best way is to have a rough idea of what your are trying to do and then play around, but the smallest setting change can have a big efect on the track. :lol: :lol: hope this helps

DJZeMig_L
03-04-2004, 11:53 AM
I'll just say ... look into old post this has been discussed a 124321 times and there is very valuable input!!

;)

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==