PDA

View Full Version : Cuebass SX wot should i do ?

Tugie
03-04-2004, 09:41 AM
When i first started using Cuebass i was told to make my midi loops and render them down soon as.

Since then iv spoken to a few people that say they let all midi run live coz its easyer to edit witch is true but my comp is running like a bag of shit when i do this,the CPU is totaly red lined and if i try to do something like open the mixer while its playing it starts tripi out.

Now bare in mind when i say midi i mean soft synths n a sampler not hard ware but even so my comp is pretty fat,Iv got an geuine AMD 2.6 gig prosessor and a gig of DDR ram with a M Audiophile Delta sound card so it should be able to do pretty much any thing i ask it to.

So please any advice would be wellcome.

Thanks

davemoore
03-04-2004, 05:06 PM
cubass is a very hard program to use ive always wanted to get into it but its too difficult is there not a easyer program to use out there :roll:

Tugie
03-04-2004, 06:26 PM
It is hard but not that hard mate to be honest id say Logic is easyer but they dont make it for pcs anymore thats why i dont use it now.

In my opinion aside from those 2 nothing els is worth considering if you plan to take it seriously.Pro tools is good to but i dont know enough about it to comment.

Its not that difficult to work Cuebass im not particularly good with it to be honest my knollege of it is pathetic compared to some of the people on hear but i get some pretty good reults with it
,you just need to know what your looking for when trying to find a function.For instance loading an audio file or wave if you like just post a question and im sure some will answer it.I will if i can but im sure someone will beat me to it..lol

Anyway just keep on trying im sure youl get thier in the end and youl be glad you took the time to lern coz one thing is for sure with music prodution the results are very rewarding

TechnoRaver
03-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Whats on,

If u mean rendering your samples to audio then yeh thats the best thing to do. As long as you keep the vst instrument there you can come back to it if it needs editing. Just turn it off. Also try not to have too many double delays or reverbs running as they use a surprising amount of your cpu usage, just stick em in you sends.
I had problems like this when using cubase, but that usually stops them.

cheers

davemoore
03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
is it a simple program to use or do u have to go to special courses to learn about it

DJ Corbzy
03-04-2004, 07:19 PM
is it a simple program to use or do u have to go to special courses to learn about it

Mate, teach yourself it's the best way! ;)

TechnoRaver
03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Cubase would be an bitch to learn by urself with no prior producing experience.

Yoshimitsu
03-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Cubase would be an bitch to learn by urself with no prior producing experience.

u gonna av 2 teach me 1 day kris ;)

DJ SPUDIE
04-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Naa You havent got the headspace 4 it Yoshi

DJ SPUDIE
04-04-2004, 01:00 AM
:lol:

Yoshimitsu
04-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Naa You havent got the headspace 4 it Yoshi

:doh: :lol:

DJ SPUDIE
04-04-2004, 01:45 AM
Would love to learn but I have to spend more time concertrating on my mixing.
One day though

Yoshimitsu
04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Would love to learn but I have to spend more time concertrating on my mixing.
One day though

Yeh coz ur crap :lol:

TechnoRaver
04-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Will do josh,
btw that cd u gave us wasnt soundforge.

davemoore
04-04-2004, 01:31 PM
is it that hard to use then

Tugie
04-04-2004, 08:48 PM
@ Techno raver .Thanks mate ill give it a go.

davemoore
05-04-2004, 10:22 PM
I SHOULD B GETTING THE PROGRAM OFF MY MATE IN THE NEXT WEEK SO ULL BE SEING A LOT OF MEE IN THIS FORUM ASKING FOR HELP :doh:

TechnoRaver
06-04-2004, 12:06 AM
no worries.

Good luck dave, what u gonna be makin?

baptismo
06-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Bounce all your VSTi's to audio eventually, once your sure youve got the arrangement how you want it. Also a good tip is to use plugins on standalone audio files by right clicking on the file then choosing the plugin fx from the list, this way you get the effect but dont use the CPU at all.

If i have a vsti which i know i need to edit again but need to bouce it down for the CPU's sake i usually render to audio then save as a different cubase file so whenever i need to get the changed arrangement i can load up the previous file and render.

Tugie
08-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Thats pretty much what i do now,its just handy leaving it as midi just to put finshing touches to it.
I used to use Logic and that was a piece of piss dead simple,all track automation was the same for midi and audio.I stoped using it coz they stoped maken it for PC's and i couldn be assed geting into a Mac i dont know any one that know's anything about them,I dont even know a shop that know's anything about them so i fked it off and got into Cuebass.
I do like Cuebass its got some good feturesbut alot of defect's,and something's are just fking awkward.
Logic is what it's called...Logic,it's simple.

duncandisorderly
17-05-2004, 05:08 PM
It is hard but not that hard mate to be honest id say Logic is easyer but they dont make it for pcs anymore thats why i dont use it now.

however the last version of logic for the pc 5.2 or 5.5 has everything you will ever need so dont be put off by the lack of new versions.

logic rules :clap:

aponaut
17-05-2004, 08:56 PM
I do like Cuebass its got some good feturesbut alot of defect's,and something's are just fking awkward.
It just depends what you're used to. I've used Cubase since the days of the Atari 1040ST. I got Logic once a few years ago on PC to try out and couldn't make any sense of it!

baptismo
17-05-2004, 11:25 PM
It just depends what you're used to. I've used Cubase since the days of the Atari 1040ST. I got Logic once a few years ago on PC to try out and couldn't make any sense of it!

defo agree mate, its what you know best, and what works best for you...

Tugie
18-05-2004, 07:11 PM
At last! Iv got Sx 2 now and it's the Bollock's dos everything i want it to and more,no prob's with thed midi now either,it's all solid as a rock!

NFP
08-11-2004, 03:00 PM
well its not easy when u first start the best program to start with is probably reason or fruity loops
I used to use cubase vst 3.7 when i first came across it i didn't have a clue but practice makes perfect now i think its ace but upgraded now to cubase sx and trust me its a program you'll want if you're serious about producing your own tracks
www.naked-flame-productions.tk
www.kronicfm.tk

hiroprotagonist
11-11-2004, 11:34 PM
i dont post in this forum very much but im a constant lurker. i just wanted to point out the falseness of the statement "cubase would be a bitch to learn with no prior producing experience."
i used acid for some time and just looped my audio samples to no end. i had no prior knowledge of sequencing or midi.
i picked up cubase sx 2 a couple weeks ago. granted the first day or so was frustrating. but a week later i pumped out a modest tune and its become VERY easy to move around and do things i never thought i could do with this program. you just need some common sense, creativity, and patience. this is a kick ass program and not learning it because you are intimidated is a cop out. you have to work to get results. thats how the world works.

NFP
12-11-2004, 01:13 PM
well said im getting cubase sx 2 this saturday

Moonin
12-11-2004, 01:52 PM
i dont post in this forum very much but im a constant lurker. i just wanted to point out the falseness of the statement "cubase would be a bitch to learn with no prior producing experience."
i used acid for some time and just looped my audio samples to no end. i had no prior knowledge of sequencing or midi.
i picked up cubase sx 2 a couple weeks ago. granted the first day or so was frustrating. but a week later i pumped out a modest tune and its become VERY easy to move around and do things i never thought i could do with this program. you just need some common sense, creativity, and patience. this is a kick ass program and not learning it because you are intimidated is a cop out. you have to work to get results. thats how the world works.

Absolutely spot on mate, i picked up cubase after about a month on reason, and after a week of getting into the cubase mindset, i was away, now a yr later, i'm sounding pro.

NFP
12-11-2004, 02:03 PM
In my opinion it is the best program out there to make music on.
Reason got to give it credit but Cubase is far more superior.
__________________________________________________ ____
www.naked-flame-productions.tk
www.kronicfm.tk

278d7e64a374de26f==