PDA

View Full Version : Would i be right in feeling........

loko
05-04-2004, 11:18 AM
a little bit worried for techno?like i mean its been around longer than most other forms of dance music and it has always been able to change/evolve a lot better than other styles. My view is though it has become more and more "trendy" to listen to techno!like myself.....i always bought the odd techno record but always listened to hard trance when i was younger!!!!!then i got sense in the last couple of years!like sunil suggested in another post that hard techno is shooting itself in the foot. I really hope the sound doesn't become saturated and that the clowns of "superstar djs" dont jump on the techno band wagon like a few who i will not mention. At the moment techno is VERY strong with a string of new producers, great productions and excellent djs around!its better underground, smaller clubs and more intimate.

Right i will throw that one out there to see what i get! :lol:

drift9
05-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm not particularly worried about the state of techno--as you mentioned, it has much more flexibility than most other genres of dance music which has helped it adapt successfully over the years. Sure it has its ups and downs (and some would say that we're in a "down phase" now--which i think is debatable in itself) but i just have faith that as long as there are people out there who are still passionate about it then it will continue to weather storms.

Si the Sigh
05-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Not worried at all. Techno seems very stong at the moment & theres lots of quality tracks coming out all the time.

Tony
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
i estimate that this period is a settling/trasition time. there are still a lot of shite records flooding out, but others are sticking to quality, and quality will out. i think it would be healthy for techno to become more accepted, as it is in europe, but that could mean listening to shite middle of the road techno in your local pub in the backgound off of the jukebox. fudge that!! i'd settle for more people in the clubs, but less clubs, and more people buying quality vinyl, but less records released.

dan the acid man
05-04-2004, 12:31 PM
any music with as strong a background as techno can withstand the latest bout of bandwagon jumpers,at the end of the day though, if some of these people really get a passion for techno then isnt this going to be a good thing for the future of this beloved music

Stuart
05-04-2004, 12:32 PM
I find that alot of the newer producers are turning out some quality tunes, some of the older ones aren't up to what they were, I'm with Tony on this too, I'd like to hear quality rather than quantity.
As for superstar DJ's jumping on 'The BandWagon'. Stop there! Its not a ****ing bandwagon, we been through this before. Its a whole scene a life style (that some people lead). Anyone playing quality Techno the way it should be played is promoting the scene (doesn't mean they are going to become major techno players) Also it's giving some of the good UK techno DJ's/Producers a chance to play at their events which is all good promotion. The Hard Dance scene needs something quality in it for christs sake.
I think people need to look forward rather than backwards, the levels of intelligence in techno is alot higher than most other scenes, so use your intelligence.
What is pissing me off is that uk producers are using european distributers this is putting the cost of the records up. Keep your distribution in the uk.[/b]

loko
05-04-2004, 12:42 PM
well i think a couple of people hit the nail on the head there!two words spring to mind passion and intelligence. something techno music and people into techno can bolster particularly when it comes to productions and knowledge!but its nice to hear the word passionate being used as its something i never hear djs or people into genres of dance even mention (except house) AND one can see that both house and techno have stuck around the longest!
all good points gents!its refreshing to hear!
well in my son!

basslinejunkie
05-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I find that alot of the newer producers are turning out some quality tunes, some of the older ones aren't up to what they were, I'm with Tony on this too, I'd like to hear quality rather than quantity.
As for superstar DJ's jumping on 'The BandWagon'. Stop there! Its not a ****ing bandwagon, we been through this before. Its a whole scene a life style (that some people lead). Anyone playing quality Techno the way it should be played is promoting the scene (doesn't mean they are going to become major techno players) Also it's giving some of the good UK techno DJ's/Producers a chance to play at their events which is all good promotion. The Hard Dance scene needs something quality in it for christs sake.
I think people need to look forward rather than backwards, the levels of intelligence in techno is alot higher than most other scenes, so use your intelligence.
What is pissing me off is that uk producers are using european distributers this is putting the cost of the records up. Keep your distribution in the uk.[/b]

100 per cent spot on.well said :clap: after all we all jumped on the 'bangwagon' at sum stage,weather it was 12 or 2 yrs ago.

278d7e64a374de26f==