PDA

View Full Version : korg D-1200 or PC mixing

rock
17-02-2003, 04:43 AM
Ok guys i finally got my synth(indigo-2), and i have a mc909 and a fireworx,v.2 I know its Simple but its all i have right now..Heres where i need your help. I would love to be able to get my songs to disk. Would u recommend the mixing it down on a digital recorder? OR mixing it down on the computer. My only problem is..i have no idea how to get it from what i hear to where i want to arrange it. What are the pros and cons, and what equip, cables etc do i need to begin burning to a cd. I was told to come here from the harmony forum, a few people said u guys r the ones to ask..im sorry if it sounds superficial, but to me its totally foreign until i learn..thanx

rock
18-02-2003, 04:36 PM
I currently have a pretty fast PC. 1.4ghz pent, and 1gb-ram., running cubase sx. I bought an Echo Mia sound card and im really not sure on how to get my sounds into the computer and
on to cubase sx. what has to be done..its frustrating..do i have to convert them some how into a wave file? ..what do i need to hook my components up? some kind of midi,usb connection or do i run the 1/4in cable into the sound card..?
once i get started and i understand the concept i'll be fine..i just dont know..ohh mannn.. =) thanx for your time guys..i feel like an idiot.

Jimfish
18-02-2003, 06:46 PM
oh dear, you do sound confused, dont worry tho geezer
we'll get you sorted....

btw, did you read my reply to your post on the production page???

the sound card is just a recording device, i seem to get the feeling you want to use it for mixing your outboard synths etc...is this right???

if so, dont bother, use an external mixer (which i talked about in the other post) and use the pc to control the synths (indigo & 909) via midi cables ( i assume you have a midi interface on your pc)....

connect the synths to the line inputs on each channel on the mixing desk with 1/4 inch jack cables

connect the mixer to your amp and speakers

and connect the master outs on the mixer to the soundcard input (probably 1/4 inch jacks or xlr to jack)

connect any outputs on the soundcard to line inputs on you mixer (prob 1/4 inch jacks) as you did with the sytnhs...this will allow you to use a soft sampler etc and mix it down on the desk along with your synths....

i think thats about it...

check my other post re: mixers etc and Icq me if you need to chat about it - i can definitly help easier that way....
dont like to think of that lovely gear of yours just sitting there & not making phat noises!!

good luck!

rock
19-02-2003, 05:32 AM
JIM..THANX i appreciate your time.
BTW...what is your ICQ number?
~Rocco

Jimfish
19-02-2003, 11:38 AM
click the little button at the bottom of one of the posts....
your welcome

278d7e64a374de26f==