PDA

View Full Version : Korg D-1200 or PC mixing

rock
17-02-2003, 04:50 AM
Ok guys i finally got my synth(indigo-2), and i have a mc909 and a fireworx,v.2 I know its Simple but its all i have right now..Heres where i need your help. I would love to be able to get my songs to disk. Would u recommend the mixing it down on a digital recorder? OR mixing it down on the computer. My only problem is..i have no idea how to get it from what i hear to where i want to arrange it. What are the pros and cons, and what equip, cables etc do i need to begin burning to a cd. I was told to come here from the harmony forum, a few people said u guys r the ones to ask..im sorry if it sounds superficial, but to me its totally foreign until i learn..thanx

Jimfish
17-02-2003, 12:43 PM
mmm....an indigo, a 909 & a fireworx....well sounds like you are on the right lines.....
do you actually have a computer yet??? if so is it powerfull and what kind of audio interface does it have???
assuming you do have a computer for your sequencing i personally would save up about 900 scroats for a second hand mackie 24/8
in the mean time though a 24vlz will do (about £400)
but ideally you need a desk that will do that lovely fireworx justice!!

as far as im concerned ignore those digital multitracks for our purposes (such as yamaha aww4166 or whatever it is).....- if you do want to go digital consider the yamaha o2r (or its little bro' the 03d) - about 1500 & 850 respectivly (2nd hand), but these are just mixing consoles not recorders.

You can either record back into the computer or get yourself somthing like a tascam cdrw700 (£200) and then extract that back into the computer for any post production (thats what i do)
you need to check if your soundcard is 'full duplex' - which means it can play and record at the same time, and again if it very powerful - if it is then the choice is yours....

sounds like you'll need a sampler in that set up too...if your computer is powerfull enough consider running a soft sampler...failing that get an akai z4/8 - getting pretty cheap 2nd hand....

cables wise, you will need mostly 1/4 inch jack cables and and a couple of 'Y' lead, send and return cables to get that fireworx on the aux's of your desk....

Jimfish
17-02-2003, 12:46 PM
oh, if you dont have a decent computer, id advise getting one...it'll be the best value bit of kit in your studio i gauantee!

Adverse
17-02-2003, 12:55 PM
right on jim hehehe!

278d7e64a374de26f==