PDA

View Full Version : Getting started (again)

Craig McW
06-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Posted this in the Hardware forum, thought AI'd better whack it in here as it's more relevant:

Ok everyone, lay it on me (if you really want to that is). Am just about to buy a brand spanking new Apple Macintosh computer (for graphic design purposes, music is an added bonus) and already have copies of Reason and cubase to get started with. I want to create some music, and know nothing about the technical side of doing so.

What else would you suggest in terms of hardware/software? Where can I find helpful hints and learning notes to help guide me through?

Is anyone willing to tute me via e-mail (I live in Australia)?

thanks in advance

Craig

jake
06-04-2004, 04:51 AM
you just need some plugins and a 2 track wave editor and ur ready to go.. a midi controller like the evolution uc16 or uc-33 wouldnt be bad too. if you wanna go the hardware route too, that electribe sampler with the vacuum tubes looks hot!

professor
06-04-2004, 01:56 PM
learn how to use Reason. It has all you need for now. Over the next year or two figure out what sort of music you like to make (I am assuming techno), and sort your software/hardware needs then.

If your like me, this is probably not what you want to hear (I like music toys), but stick with reason for now.

professor
06-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Oh ya, and screw cubase, Logic Pro 6 is the way to go! (pushes button to start WW3)

EmotionComplex
06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
yeah reason is a great programme and definetly a good place to start too

Craig McW
06-04-2004, 11:55 PM
I thought as much. It's kind of hard to guage exactly where I'll go with it all as I love various types of music. Predominantly techno though.....

I would love to get a drum machine at some stage, but I guess it ain't worth it till i kinda know what I'm doing....

cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==