PDA

View Full Version : scsi , laptops and sampler question anyone?

FILTERZ
06-04-2004, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know of anyone who has used a laptop with a usb to scsi converter to connect their laptop to their sampler . i really need to do this but sampler and computer connections over scsi can be temperemental so i was just wondering if anyone had tried it, doesnt matter which sampler just whether anyone got it to work?

DJZeMig_L
06-04-2004, 02:59 PM
I use 2 have a usb zip... and a scsi zip attached 2 the sampler.. it was easier and less troublesome. just take de disk from one 2 the other.

I know there were ones that were scsi and parallel at the same time. these were the ones most people use as far as I can recall.
Other people just had a scisi controller card connected 2 the pc. But there was always prob.s with he boot sector and termination/ IDs etc...

Z

FILTERZ
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah its hard enough getting scsi to work anyway with samplers let alone with the complication of using a laptop....mark of the unicorn and kontakt here i come. cheers for your help, its a shame all i want to do is shuffle some audio between two devices without using some arcane protocol, my friend has an akai s6000 akai sys software and card in his pc , dont really work properly , its very buggy .if i could use a card it would be no problem, adaptec ones work well with my sampler but because it is a laptop i cant do this , i was hoping i could find someone who had maybe used an usb to scsi converter cable from laptop to sampler succesfully (dont want to waste my money).

DJZeMig_L
07-04-2004, 03:51 PM
bro.. the price on a 2nd hand zip usb drive should b dirt cheap!! ;)

Z

FILTERZ
07-04-2004, 04:21 PM
cheers, might have to do it that way, probably less of a headache and i guess i know its going to work ........... i had one on my yamaha sampler a few years ago ....bloody sold it with sampler :doh: thanx for advice

DJZeMig_L
07-04-2004, 04:34 PM
no biggie I had a yammy A3000 luved it.. but the scsi load time was a nightmare.. I almost had 2 plan ahead when I was going 2 make music lol!

Z

FILTERZ
07-04-2004, 07:42 PM
yeah i only had floppy for the first two months i had mine :dontevengothere:

278d7e64a374de26f==