PDA

View Full Version : help! i have problems!

Jimfish
06-04-2004, 12:43 PM
ah dammit..
i just sold my laptop and the guy rang me up to say whenever he moves the mouse he can hear some kind of strange feedback coming through the soundcard (echo indigo pcmcia)
this wasnt happening when i had the machine but i formatted the machine and re-installed windows and the drivers jus before giving him the machine..
He said cubase is running really glitchy too, which it certainly wasnt doing before.. i told him to piddle about with buffer setting but he said that aint helped :(

anyone recognise these symptoms??
cheeers!

Tyrisia
06-04-2004, 01:27 PM
THe only thing I can think of is that u have to enable buffered play in expert mode of the driver settings before it actually takes effect, default is off as installed.

Dunno about the mouse tho, weird..

DJZeMig_L
06-04-2004, 02:53 PM
make sure the drivers are properly installed... this happens wait 2 many times... A driver shows up in the system but infact it ain't properly installed...

go update driver, don't let indows find it, point 2 the folder, then say that u r going 2 find the actuall file, etc...

Z

Jimfish
06-04-2004, 04:16 PM
yeah, he says the more happens on screen the more interference he gets..

i just amped up the signal from my mac big time and could hear a faint noise when i moved around the arrangement window in cubase, but matey boy reckons the sound is quite upfront on the laptop..

yeah he has tried reinstalling drivers i think :(

mux
06-04-2004, 06:52 PM
This happened to me the other day when I installed XP on my laptop. It hadn't ever had XP before, always Linux, and never had the problem before I installed XP.

The fix was to update the mouse drivers. :)

Jimfish
06-04-2004, 07:37 PM
oh yes... i didnt install the touchpad drivers.. good point!!

DJZeMig_L
07-04-2004, 04:00 PM
mute the any inputs untill u nedd' em...

Make sure the graphics card has updated drivers... seems like it's taking a toll on the cpu so the fan overworks 2 keep the processor cool!

A m8 had a problem with his cpu the fan wasn't working properly so evrytime he was working on something heavier it would shutdown... :(

Z

Jimfish
07-04-2004, 04:49 PM
cheers zm, yeah ill get him to check all that..

i thought the muose thing rang a bell but it didnt seem to help the poor bloke

crime
07-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Are you talking about the kind of noise you get out of a laptop when you have the power plugged in? I have this problem, have to unplug the powerpack everytime I want to record something.. And unbelievably enough it was sold to me as a "Music" laptop... never buying anything from Digital Village again....

Jimfish
07-04-2004, 08:08 PM
hmm, you could be onto somthing there crime.. ta!

Jimfish
07-04-2004, 08:12 PM
from what i remember though thats fairly low level noise- this guy reckons the noise is quite upfront..

a power conditioner might help u btw - i think ur noise could be the fault of crappy mains power as much as anything.. i get even get low-level background shite on my spanky new g5..

DJZeMig_L
08-04-2004, 03:33 AM
does it happen with the battery on aswell??

Z

The Divide
08-04-2004, 12:48 PM
http://www.worldofcheese.org/cheese/poptheon/fonzface.jpg

Jimfish
12-04-2004, 02:03 PM
aha,
so it turns out it was the power supply.. thanks crime - you saved me a trip to london to sort the bloody thing out :)

278d7e64a374de26f==