PDA

View Full Version : Sekonz - I luv big coconuts mix

gumpy green
06-04-2004, 02:34 PM
My latest mix.....

Sekonz - I luv big coconuts mix. (http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonz0404.mp3)

And you should too......

mindgame
06-04-2004, 04:56 PM
hey...pretty kool..
some of the tech house is a bit housier then my personal likeing but you got a nice mixture..ill bun it to cd adn take a full listen later...

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 10:47 AM
hey...pretty kool..
some of the tech house is a bit housier then my personal likeing but you got a nice mixture..ill bun it to cd adn take a full listen later...

eh its stright up techno........and pretty hard .......aint no tech house ther.

you trying to give me a bad name or summin ;)

Dj Daniel S.
07-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Will try it man ....... guess I saw your name on the Dogma page, right? ;)

*downingIt*

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Will try it man ....... guess I saw your name on the Dogma page, right? ;)

*downingIt*
yeh ive played 3 times last year at dogma....

heres the dogma mixes...

October link-really like this one

http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/SekonzliveatDogmaOct03.mp3

and

May one- good but was b4 i had fx unit....

http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonz0503.mp3

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 05:50 PM
btw cheers for dling, most people skip unknows and go straight for mill/hawtin....cheers

and hope you like...any feedback welcomed, good or bad.

mindgame
07-04-2004, 06:04 PM
took an actual listen last night..
track selection was better then i thought when i first d/l it - i skipped through the track selection at first to make sure it was sutitn of style i would want..wasent straight up tech house but i did get some tech house vibe in some of the tracks - hard or not if its got house sounds its tech house.. :shock:
ill check out some of your other mixes as well..

mindgame
07-04-2004, 06:12 PM
and if interested in seeing why i felt it was prob a bit more onthe housey vibe this is a mix of mine which is all hard techno..
http://www.hardmindproductions.com/Media/Mindgame%20-%20LB.MP3

no disrespect..not trying to jack your thread with my own promotion..just figure id post it to give YOU an example of where im coming from -

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 06:46 PM
and if interested in seeing why i felt it was prob a bit more onthe housey vibe this is a mix of mine which is all hard techno..
http://www.hardmindproductions.com/Media/Mindgame%20-%20LB.MP3

no disrespect..not trying to jack your thread with my own promotion..just figure id post it to give YOU an example of where im coming from -

cheers for the comments m8....yeh its not quite as up front shranzaaa that i usually play, just fancied a wee change..

dling your at the mo.........

Dj Daniel S.
07-04-2004, 07:43 PM
btw cheers for dling, most people skip unknows and go straight for mill/hawtin....cheers

Yep ........ thats always the same m8 ....... people either dont even down the stuff or "forget" to leave any comments after listening .....

btw ........ I just listened to your set and I really like it!! I also downed the "dirthouz1" ..... that is absolutely kickin`!!!!!!!!!!

Great job m8!!!!!! Keep banging!

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 10:11 PM

Yep ........ thats always the same m8 ....... people either dont even down the stuff or "forget" to leave any comments after listening .....

btw ........ I just listened to your set and I really like it!! I also downed the "dirthouz1" ..... that is absolutely kickin`!!!!!!!!!!

wicked m8........glad you like...... a bit more obskewer at points this mix but i like it all the same........

yeh the dirthouz one is fairly good.....but still prefer my live at dogma one out of them all.......

My boy fuknuts got a good few kicking about too, try his druman bass/hardtek one for a bit different or if yer into mad fukin hardcore try that........also on our site thers some nice live pas....morphos one is ma fav...in fact everything up on the site i pretty much dig...

Anywayz that enuf spammin.....cheers guys..

oh....and ill listen to yours mindgame once i get the chance........

mindgame
08-04-2004, 04:18 PM
I HAV ETO APOLOGIZE..I D/L 2 MIXES THE OTHER DAY SO I WAS MISTAKING YOURS WITH ANOTHER ONE..WHERE I DID GET SOME TECH HOUS EVIBE FROM SOME OF THE TRACKS, YOURS WAS PRETTY MUCH HARD TECHNO - (DONT WANT TO GIVE YA A BAD NAME OR ANYTHING :doh: )
THE MIXING WAS OK..THE ACTUAL FADE/CUT OVERS I FOUND COULD HAVE BEEN SMOOTHER BUT IT WAS NICE TO SEE YOU DO SOME STUFF INBETWEEN THAT WITH SOME CUTTING AND THE EFFECTS AND A FEW TIMES YOU DID TAHT SEMI SCRATCHING THING WITH THE BASS (I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS AN ACTUAL NAME FOR THE TRICK OR NOT)

THERE WAS ONE EFFECT WHICH CHOPPED TRH TRACK UP.I DONT KNOW IF IT WAS A TRANSFORMER EFFECT OR NOT BUT IT SOUNDED KOOL WHEN YOU GOT IT ON BEAT WITH YOUR CUTS -

danza
08-04-2004, 08:11 PM
how bout - thought it was a good mix. some people are just way too critical. :roll: nice one grumpy green

mindgame
10-04-2004, 06:11 AM
i thought honest feedback was what he was looking for -
detailed/crtitical feedback is nice to get at times - helps you improve or see things you may not see otherwise -

twizted
04-05-2004, 03:21 PM

wicked m8........glad you like...... a bit more obskewer at points this mix but i like it all the same........

yeh the dirthouz one is fairly good.....but still prefer my live at dogma one out of them all.......

My boy fuknuts got a good few kicking about too, try his druman bass/hardtek one for a bit different or if yer into mad fukin hardcore try that........also on our site thers some nice live pas....morphos one is ma fav...in fact everything up on the site i pretty much dig...

Anywayz that enuf spammin.....cheers guys..

oh....and ill listen to yours mindgame once i get the chance........

Aurite Gary, im diggin this mix mate, its not as hard as you usually play,but its more my style, just prooving that youre eccletic and youre not just confined to totally solid tek all the time.yeah its nice. Im looking forward to seeing the DF rig at some free parties this summer.

Ryan.
:cool:

Col
04-05-2004, 05:36 PM
how bout - thought it was a good mix. some people are just way too critical. :roll: nice one grumpy green

:doh: i thought mindgame gave some great feedback. afterall thats what you want. its the "good mix" or "bad mix" comments that offers very little.

gumpy green
05-05-2004, 06:48 PM
yeh COL ECSTATIC im with you .....MG defo gave me some good feeback that i was after and ive taken it on board.....need to get better upfaders to help me acheive the "smoother" fade in/outs as mine are xfaders that cut in very quickly... cheers MG.

Still not checked your mix but i will eventually, sorry.

twizted - thanks, glad you like it. I dont really like it much now, it was a bit of a rushed job to get a cd made to give out at our night.

Im gonna take it offline now but ive stuck untha in its place.

See Here (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16659)

gumpy green
07-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Mindgame- checked yer mix last night.........wicked stuff mate. good clean mixing and a good range of "hard" techno.... will be getting played a good few times in the motor i tell thee.........

keep up the good work.

Everyone else that likes ther hard techno- check MG's mix out.

mindgame
07-05-2004, 03:02 PM
;) ;) ;)
thank you...

278d7e64a374de26f==