PDA

View Full Version : Help computer problem!!!

eyes without a face
06-04-2004, 07:15 PM
hey peeps

i recently got hit with a couple of viruse's (off Kazaa too i believe!) and since then ive had a very annoying problem

everytime i try and load a program, it says window cannot find the .exe file for the desired program. I can get around this by right clicking, and then "run as" and then unticking an option that pops up, but i really wanna get this fixed as im unable to install any new software and i need to get Cubase SX installed as soon as possible!

anyone got any ideas on this? i think i may have deleted a file in the sys folder or something during my time trying to fight the virus! :o(

eyes without a face
06-04-2004, 07:29 PM
i think ive deleted the rundll32.exe because when i try and run system programs like items in teh control panel it comes up with this error message!

eyes without a face
06-04-2004, 09:05 PM
anyone?

mux
06-04-2004, 09:10 PM
i think ive deleted the rundll32.exe because when i try and run system programs like items in teh control panel it comes up with this error message!

Um... what error message is that? Or should we guess? :P

Take the error message, and copy it *exactly* as it appears into Google. Read the results. That's all any technician will do - fixing your own computer isn't so much about knowing all the millions of little things that can go wrong as it is knowing where to look to find the answers.

Dave Elyzium
06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah hes righ tman...thats all i ever do is search in google...works 9 times outa 10

eyes without a face
06-04-2004, 10:36 PM
yeah ive found a solution but it involves having the installation disk for windows XP and i dont have one as it camt pre-installed on my machine!

daviec
06-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Normally when it's pre-installed on the achine the "disk" as such is actually on the hard disk so all the files are there anyway. You just have to point it in the right direction.

ampassasinbirmingham
07-04-2004, 10:01 AM
yeah ive found a solution but it involves having the installation disk for windows XP and i dont have one as it camt pre-installed on my machine!

back up files and do a system recovery. this is done by pressing F5,F6,F7,F8 or F9 as soon as you start your machine up. I cant remember which one it is exactly just bash the F keys and it will come up. Or you can acess it from the control panel, but a full systemrecovery should get rid of everything.

278d7e64a374de26f==