PDA

View Full Version : Tape Op

mux
06-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Any of you guys that happen to live in the US should definitely check this out...

'Tape Op' bills itself as 'The Creative Music Recording Magazine'. AFAICT, they're pretty much on the level - I have a few issues here, and have read them all cover-to-cover. I pay $6 CAD per issue at the music store, and will be continuing to do so.

But you US guys get some kind of "we're special" deal - you don't have to pay at all. Tape Op is free - including mailing - to people in the continental US of A. Something about being 100% supported by advertising? Odd, 'cause AFAICT the articles definitely aren't catering to any advertisers - most of the articles are interviews, and all of the gear reviews are submitted by readers.

I strongly recommend that if you live in the States and are interested in music production, sign up for a subscription. The magazine is very much centered on recording techniques, but I have found at least three or four good tips in each issue so far, on stuff like mic'ing live sources, compression and limiting, mastering techniques, etc. Definitely worth way more than the asking price!

Website is http://www.tapeop.com - check it out!

278d7e64a374de26f==