PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Wilson/ Marytn Hare Interviews.

dtl
07-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Glenn :
http://www.energyuk.net/music/article.asp?page_name=article&source_page=techno&genre=Techno&page_id=7&article_id=30&criteria=%2A&articletype_id=2

hare:

http://www.energyuk.net/music/article.asp?page_name=article&source_page=techno&genre=Techno&page_id=7&article_id=12&criteria=%2A&articletype_id=2

Sweet. Now read.

Eric.

The Overfiend
07-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Great Contributions,
Thanks Cheif!

The Overfiend
07-04-2004, 02:42 PM
:neutral:
EUK: But do you have any interest for the US?

I went to play in New York last November, it was okay, quite a hard crowd to move due to their roots of R&B, Hip hop and funkier stuff. But still, even you have some classic techno producers like Mills and Belthem, the harder stuff is seem to be a new phenomenon for them.

:eh: I was up front pumping my fist for the whole set!
But then again I can see what he (Glenn) means. It seemed like the people that were into it were the insiders anyways....

drift9
07-04-2004, 03:17 PM
:
:eh: I was up front pumping my fist for the whole set!
But then again I can see what he (Glenn) means. It seemed like the people that were into it were the insiders anyways....

i agree with you, the ny show was pretty much exclusively populated with an older crowd there to see glenn and weren't exactly "gettin' giggy on the dance floor."

oh well...

drift9
07-04-2004, 03:18 PM
oh, and thanks so much for posting the interviews, btw!!!

dtl
07-04-2004, 03:20 PM
No worries lads, had it on my comp for like 6 weeks, been waiting for the site to be up...

It's free upload for anyone. Go and sign up!

Eric.

John Vella
07-04-2004, 03:36 PM
nice reads... :)

-j

Numeric
07-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Good to see Sir Wilson shout Dean Rodell, he's definetly one of my fave producers right now...

:clap:

jonnyspeed
07-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm loving the martyn hare stuff - dark and really phat clear analogue. gives me the willies :lol:

Stella Boy
07-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Martyn Hare is a sound lad & I've got alot of time for him. From his early rawer material to some of the stuff he's doing now, he's always put alot of effort into his tracks. He's also a pretty good DJ, just can't remember what his old nights in Leeds where called :doh: .

Sam_Horam
07-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Martyn Hare is a sound lad & I've got alot of time for him. From his early rawer material to some of the stuff he's doing now, he's always put alot of effort into his tracks. He's also a pretty good DJ, just can't remember what his old nights in Leeds where called :doh: .

Audio Science wasn't it?

Graeme EUK
07-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for doing the interviews Eric!! :clap: I hope people find our new techno section useful. Its open for anyone to contribute, so if you wanna write any tune reviews, articles, features and so on, be our guest! Cheers Graeme.

Stella Boy
07-04-2004, 09:00 PM

Audio Science wasn't it?

Thanks ;)

SlavikSvensk
07-04-2004, 10:03 PM
my favorite part of the interview is where glenn namechecks "classic techno producers" like jeff mills and...pause for a big thanks from joey to the interview's transcriber..."beltham!?" :shock:

The Overfiend
07-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Joey Beltram Aka Poes One
Forklift one of my favs.

dtl
08-04-2004, 12:12 AM
my favorite part of the interview is where glenn namechecks "classic techno producers" like jeff mills and...pause for a big thanks from joey to the interview's transcriber..."beltham!?" :shock:

Come on, I have big fingers. :lol:

Will change that in a mo.

Eric.

SlavikSvensk
08-04-2004, 12:13 AM
yeah, he rules. energy flash, ballpark, forklift, the list goes on...

...but whoever wrote that interview down from the audio original evidently doesn't know who he is.

SlavikSvensk
08-04-2004, 12:18 AM

Come on, I have big fingers. :lol:

Will change that in a mo.

Eric.

damn...it was you?? :oops:

sorry about the sarcasm, mate...i definately don't doubt you knowing who joey beltram is...

...it's been one of those days...mea culpa!

dtl
08-04-2004, 12:19 AM
I did the interview. I recorded the whole thing. And I do have the big finger. Oh, and I know Joey BELTRAM. :clap: :lol:

dtl
08-04-2004, 12:20 AM
K... make up for it and find me a job in NYC... I am dying to go for a 22 weeks internship in August.... please please please...

SlavikSvensk
08-04-2004, 12:23 AM
otherwise i thought the interview was interesting. glenn's not my absolute favorite, but i appreciate all he's done for techno over the years. another thing i thought was interesting was what he said about the US. i'm afraid to say he got it partially right...

...most people who dance like mad here are into house or trance, while the more serious, trainspotting types like techno. that's the case everywhere, but i think the techno community is more spread think over here, so it can be more striking...

...on the other hand, before limelight closed there were some very enthusiastic (and large) crowds for jeff mills, adam beyer and richie hawtin. maybe it's cause glenn played in brooklyn and casual listeners don't venture to the outer boroughs?

Dustin Zahn
08-04-2004, 12:34 AM
How do you honestly expect a party in Brooklyn to sell out with talent as hard as Glenn Wilson, Christian Wunsch, and Tim Xavier? Chicago...probably. It's just difficult to beat it that hard in the states these days. It's the sad truth.

SlavikSvensk
08-04-2004, 12:37 AM
i used to live in brooklyn and it was hard enough to get friends from manhattan to come visit, let alone go out to a club.

the night probably would have had more people if it was in manhattan. tronic treatment can get pretty packed...

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 12:39 AM
When the party was booked the venue was supposed to be in the loft in manhattan, Unfortunately financial or political probs affected the venue and all of that changed to some ghetto ass skate rink basment in brooklyn.
It seemed like the only ones into the show was myself, tekku, delta9mda flew up from florida to see glenn rock, and other dj's from the ny scene were there too, but the crowd was just a bunch of candy ravers.

Craig McW
08-04-2004, 02:59 AM
I did the interview. I recorded the whole thing. And I do have the big finger. Oh, and I know Joey BELTRAM. :clap: :lol:

One more thing mate, it ain't Mike Hampshire that works with Glenn, it's Mike Humphries.....

Methodixxx
08-04-2004, 03:38 AM
Eric, I read this interveiw before you put it up and told you it was Mike Humphries, and Joey Beltram..?! :doh:

djvartan
08-04-2004, 03:52 AM
great interview
thanks for posting

dtl
08-04-2004, 10:20 AM
I am a fool with big fat hairy balls... and fingers. doh.

Eric.

Methodixxx
08-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Hahaha ;) If I tried to interveiw someone in cantonese I don't think I'd get one word right.. not to mention everyone's names :eh:

dtl
08-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Hahaha If I tried to interveiw someone in cantonese I don't think I'd get one word right.. not to mention everyone's names

I wasnt going to pull that card out you know ;)

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 02:18 PM
How do you honestly expect a party in Brooklyn to sell out with talent as hard as Glenn Wilson, Christian Wunsch, and Tim Xavier? Chicago...probably. It's just difficult to beat it that hard in the states these days. It's the sad truth.

That's true but dude ask tim about that cluster**** of a setup cheif.
He'll tell you it looked like the promoters were first timers.

zap
08-04-2004, 04:53 PM
intresting that m.hare only uses fl studio 2 make his tunes as he says keeping it in da digital domain

Adverse
09-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Great Contributions,
Thanks Cheif!

chief?

The Overfiend
09-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Great Contributions,
Thanks Cheif!

chief?
Champ
Chum
Mate
Dude
Bro

The Overfiend
09-04-2004, 07:42 PM
How do you know I wasn't saying it with a spanish accent Belsonian?

Adverse
09-04-2004, 07:54 PM
[quote="SummerOfSam"][quote="Adickverse"] <-- muahahaha

278d7e64a374de26f==