PDA

View Full Version : Online Techno Vinyl Shopping

dirty_bass
07-04-2004, 02:43 PM
errrr, does anyone know any good online record shops.
Apart from banging tunes and tune-inn. I`m looking for a good broad spectrum of techno, but especially the Dark Side.

dtl
07-04-2004, 03:09 PM
www.technodj.de

www.deck-records.de

Technodj you need to spend about 125 euros the first order, but I am sure you will as they have just about... Everything :) It's in German if you have any probs, just send us a pm...

deck records is similar but they dont have those annoying first order limit and in English.

ncw
07-04-2004, 03:18 PM
www.innercity.co.uk
www.juno.co.uk

The Overfiend
07-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Sub:Strata is good too.

dirty_bass
07-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Cheers folks. I`m tryin gto find stuff I don`t normally get exposed too. Fantastico!!!!

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 11:29 PM
www.innercity.co.uk
www.juno.co.uk

yeh juno are good apart from ther delivery prices.........SHOKING, total rip off.

i ordered 15 reks one time and they hit me with about 18quid...and i never got em next day.........

i get them from webrecord in germany for cheaper than that???????

ther pocketing the delivery cash themselves no doubt........

goto webrecords....yeh it in german but just goto an online german dictionary and traslate it.........i can use it now without the need, you just end up learning the buttons to press....eben tho you dont know what it means........... bestellen means "aye, i want that record now stick it in my wants list"...

for me it is webrecord at the moment......but i usually jump about from place to place.....just click this (http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=techno+records) and you should have a few. or if ur in the uk (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=techno+records&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK %7CcountryGB)

2 The Beat
08-04-2004, 03:06 AM
I try to help in North America http://2thebeat.com/ . I try to not suck as best as possible while making it a little bit easier for Canadians and Americans to get techno!

Bobby Thrust

killarava2day
08-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Web-records are the greatest, although you can end up having records sitting in your basket months upon months. At least they have a one price, whatever the **** the number of records you buy deal. Juno's shipping costs are ridiculous, but quick though. You obviously need to make the decision between cost and delivery time.

dirty_bass
08-04-2004, 02:47 PM
cheers folks
luvverly

zap
08-04-2004, 05:03 PM
i been dealing with decks-records.de and there cool :cool: l

jonnyspeed
08-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Personally I have driffed towards 4 main shops because they've got great catalogues and devilver in a few days.

1. www.music-head.de for german techno because its only 6 euro + P&P
2. www.juno.co.uk because they are just excellent
3. www.gemm.com because if it ain't there etc.
4. www.nuloop.com for more german stuff...

audioinjection
08-04-2004, 11:47 PM
www.nuloop.com

very great site

djfurness
09-04-2004, 03:07 AM
these german sites.....do they just convert euros into pounds?
what is the rate for euros into pounds usually??
and how long do they take to be delivered??

drift9
09-04-2004, 03:48 AM
The convenience of online shopping is really nice, though i have to admit i get feeling really guilty whenever i do it. i try to support local shops as much as possible (though i realize shopping locally is not realistic for all people in all cases). seeing as how most speciality/techno shops are really struggling as of late, i just try to make sure that all my money goes to them. the idea of getting records online exclusively makes me want to cry into my beer.

jonnyspeed
09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
these german sites.....do they just convert euros into pounds?
what is the rate for euros into pounds usually??
and how long do they take to be delivered??

they use standard exchange rates as shown on xe.com and deliver to the uk in a 2-3 days. always well packaged and English email or telephone help. Like I've asked for orders to be reserved for a few days while I get the cash together and they're really cool.

jonnyspeed
09-04-2004, 02:28 PM
The convenience of online shopping is really nice, though i have to admit i get feeling really guilty whenever i do it. i try to support local shops as much as possible (though i realize shopping locally is not realistic for all people in all cases). seeing as how most speciality/techno shops are really struggling as of late, i just try to make sure that all my money goes to them. the idea of getting records online exclusively makes me want to cry into my beer.

I kind of agree but if you are a record shop why are you not online too? Its really easy to set-up your catalogue on Gemm or get an out of the box ordering system - with recommendations engine. Times move on - and you've gotta tap every punter you can. I tend to buy records from where they are released UK, D etc...

Dustin Zahn
17-04-2004, 10:56 PM
I have setup a special discount for Blackout Audio forum members. If you head over to www.vitalvinyl.com and make an order you'll get a 15% discount. All you have to do is insert the word Abiotic in the promotional code box (case sensitive) and you're set. You can use this offer multiple times and this promotion will end at the end of May. Tell your friends. I'm also working hard to bring a lot of stock from other distributors such as Jaxx, Possible, and more to get the crazier, darker techno.

BTW, Vital Vinyl is based out of USA but caters to the whole world.

dtl
17-04-2004, 11:11 PM
It's the BEST time to buy from Euro zone and US at the moment as pound has been doing very well in the past month... You wont get US Dallors this cheap for a long long long long long time.

Eric.

The Overfiend
17-04-2004, 11:20 PM
I have setup a special discount for Blackout Audio forum members. If you head over to www.vitalvinyl.com and make an order you'll get a 15% discount. All you have to do is insert the word Abiotic in the promotional code box (case sensitive) and you're set. You can use this offer multiple times and this promotion will end at the end of May. Tell your friends. I'm also working hard to bring a lot of stock from other distributors such as Jaxx, Possible, and more to get the crazier, darker techno.

BTW, Vital Vinyl is based out of USA but caters to the whole world.

Thanks Don Zahn!

jonnyspeed
18-04-2004, 07:58 AM
It's the BEST time to buy from Euro zone and US at the moment as pound has been doing very well in the past month... You wont get US Dallors this cheap for a long long long long long time.

Eric.

Last week I got 22 german releases, including a number of 2x12", for 180 euro = 105 UKP inc. shipping. word!

g
19-04-2004, 01:17 AM
I have setup a special discount for Blackout Audio forum members. If you head over to www.vitalvinyl.com and make an order you'll get a 15% discount.
thanks!

el_satan666
19-04-2004, 09:51 AM
just coming in at the end here with a bitch about web-records:

time from ordering to delivery time is the worst i've found. Ordered 130 euro of records before march. 5 records said they were available to be delivered, and after two weeks of waiting for more to be available, they sent them out anyway. And now I have 8 waiting to be delivered and they'v said they're not delivering them. I dont understand.

It's been said before, delivery time versus cost. but if you're looking for a particular tune right away to play at a night, go to your local street shop. otherwise book yourself a nice 2 month coma.

(imo)

dJpZ
19-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Ahhh , i was wondering how they can still stock all those old popular records. They let u order the shit whereas they dont stock it !?!? bastards...

killarava2day
19-04-2004, 11:45 AM

time from ordering to delivery time is the worst i've found. Ordered 130 euro of records before march. 5 records said they were available to be delivered, and after two weeks of waiting for more to be available, they sent them out anyway. And now I have 8 waiting to be delivered and they'v said they're not delivering them. I dont understand.

It's been said before, delivery time versus cost. but if you're looking for a particular tune right away to play at a night, go to your local street shop. otherwise book yourself a nice 2 month coma.

(imo)

...I've had 36 records in the basket now since friggin March, they were all either new releases or prestock at the time. You know, ****, it's frustrating to say the very least.

Graeme EUK
19-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Have a look at our shop EUKRecords - www.eukrecords.com - hope we can be of help.

Cheers, Graeme

joewetherill
20-04-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.nuenergy.co.uk, reasonably cheap and nice quick delivery, not a very wide range of tunes tho, should get better hopefully

jibberish
20-04-2004, 08:47 PM

(imo)

**** em up there sorry arses. Point yer browser at music-head.de - they have recent releases in stock and can order most stuff PDQ - like a couple of weeks and well good service.

278d7e64a374de26f==