PDA

View Full Version : Synewave/Soleil/Echoplex/etc.

Dustin Zahn
07-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Anybody into this kind of stuff lately? Sometimes the mastering is funky but it has a good mixture of Detroit influence and that new school swedish influence. Some of it is pretty deep so I can't see everyone enjoying it but I think the stuff in question is great.

ncw
07-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Anybody into this kind of stuff lately? Sometimes the mastering is funky but it has a good mixture of Detroit influence and that new school swedish influence. Some of it is pretty deep so I can't see everyone enjoying it but I think the stuff in question is great.

I'm way into synewave stuff, old and new... minimal, heavy angular - good.
What do you mean about the mastering?

xfive
07-04-2004, 07:17 PM
That tinge is actually the kind of sound I have been making as of late. I went back and listened to some of the Niteworx stuff recently and I went *whoah* this is right on the same level as some of my more recent tracks... I have a mix somewheres on my hard drive of me mixing that sorta stuff with my own, and I have to say they went together quite well. I'm totally into using strange, brainy (if you wanna call it that) sounds overtop of a driving beat.
If what you mean about the funky mastering is the heavy verb and strange overall eq, then I know what you mean... but it more likely is the artist's intention on it being that way. It kinda gives the tracks that eerie dark feel.
Yeah, it's not for everyone.. but I think over the progression of an entire set, it can definetly have its place within some of the more stompy, clubby stuff.
I'm a big fan of Damon Wild/Echoplex/Synewave :)

-Chris

PS. Here's one you guys may dig.. lemme know whatcha think. And excuse the couple pops.. needs a re-recording.
http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_superconductor_draft1.mp3

Sunil
07-04-2004, 07:21 PM

I'm way into synewave stuff, old and new... minimal, heavy angular - good.
What do you mean about the mastering?

Yeah completely, they are hitting spot in between deep and hard perfectly. There's an Echoplex EP and a various artists EP coming out on Soleil over the next month or so, heard them the other day.. top stuff. Echoplex has an interesting style, the way some of his tracks come out on vinyl are similar the what some some of those US house guys like Moodymann did.. not ultra crisp or clean, almost muffled.. but really phat on a dancefloor.

Jimfish
07-04-2004, 08:34 PM
i dont really listen to much but i get the feeling there is quite a lot of solid stuff on a deeper tip coming out at the mo - not least from labels like this.. just how it should be if u ask me :)

DROID
07-04-2004, 09:08 PM
echoplex is da man :cool:

heavy beats
07-04-2004, 09:35 PM
yes i'm definitely into that sound........

jake
07-04-2004, 09:43 PM
u mean sweden was influenced by synewave

SlavikSvensk
07-04-2004, 09:56 PM
...and then back again, keeping in mind that the huge swedish techhno breakthrough took place circa 1996-1998, so damon n' co. have had a lot of time to digest what they like of it.

his last record rocks.

gumpy green
07-04-2004, 10:19 PM
yup im getting right into this sound just now....just ordered a few echoplex reks 2day, and a few robert hood ones........

some of ther stuff i dont like but if you get the right one-ie bouncy/hard but still pure/detroity it is KICKIN....

Sunil
07-04-2004, 10:19 PM
u mean sweden was influenced by synewave

It's half and half I think, although Synewave was in effect a little earlier alright.

Sam_Horam
07-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Love Synewave...great label...

All time favourite has to be Flowerchild...

Dustin Zahn
07-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Check the Synewave site, Flowerchild 2004 remixes in full effect this spring. :)

Dustin Zahn
07-04-2004, 10:58 PM
BTW, I thought Xfive's track had some potential to it. Keep it going.

xfive
08-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Well thanks man ;)
I'll be sure to toss the final cut up in the filez section.

-Chris

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 01:40 AM
PS. Here's one you guys may dig.. lemme know whatcha think. And excuse the couple pops.. needs a re-recording.
http://lfo.fsck.org/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_superconductor_draft1.mp3

Self Promotin' in the files section champ.

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Well thanks man ;)
I'll be sure to toss the final cut up in the filez section.

-Chris

Thumbs up cheif!
And Synewave rules.

278d7e64a374de26f==