PDA

View Full Version : DJ RUSH What he's doing right.

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Making Videos trying to push techno out into the open while still keeping it real and playing hard as f*ck sets, so what a few train wrecks. He's always been rockin parties and promoting new talent! I used to love his stuff on relief records, he's paid his dues and can do whatever he feels.
Hands the F*CK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

maily
08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
too f**kin right!

only seen him play once but it was one of the most enjoyable techno sets i ever heard :twisted:

his releases are truly original!

he seems honest in what he does.

what a guy! :notworthy:

drift9
08-04-2004, 04:02 PM
While most of techno seems to be more substance than personality driven, it can sometimes be very refreshing to have someone like Rush around who is such a loud personality. A personality that is sometimes louder than the music itself and adds a much needed shot of humor to the scene.

Even though i'm not the hugest fan of all his release, i love the guy, he's a rock star.

jonnyspeed
08-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I think DJ Rush holds his own orginal sound in an every copy-cat genre. He's got the funk, he's got the boom boom and he's got the right up for it attitude. A few more people like him, please

word :clap:

http://www.dance-guide.com/gfx/review/021103_maw_f.jpg

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 05:15 PM
A few more people like him, please

:hmm: hmmmmmm I'm up for it. Where's my mascara and vocoder!

dirty_bass
08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
hmmmmmm I'm up for it. Where's my mascara and vocoder!

you can borrow some of mine after I`m done.

Damn it Reznor, what did you do with my leather strides. :lol:

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 05:23 PM
he gave em to me.
Im looking for my cure tapes right now to take notes.

you see i said tapes!

Esox Lucius
08-04-2004, 05:30 PM
I love the major, ok his sets and & tracks are a bit rough round the edges but he has his own style :cool:

miromiric.
08-04-2004, 05:48 PM
rush music is the most senseless thing i ve ever heard

Spark
08-04-2004, 06:19 PM
I have really a lot of respect for the major. His mix skills are boring and pretty bad, but his show is always cool! He helps also with his Kne'Deep alot of upcomming producers/dj's.. .

Respect for Kne Deep and the Major! :clap:

TRB
08-04-2004, 06:38 PM

I'm with you! :cool:

Spark
08-04-2004, 06:43 PM

I love my Kne Deep shirt! :cool:

TRB
08-04-2004, 07:26 PM

I wish have one. Maybe PetDuo can get one for me... eheh

Cheers !

Sunil
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
I think DJ Rush holds his own orginal sound in an every copy-cat genre. He's got the funk, he's got the boom boom and he's got the right up for it attitude. A few more people like him, please

An original sound that hasn't developed too much over the years in fairness to him. Hmm, I dunno, he gets on my nerves more than anything these days, and I don't really know why? I just reckon the DJ Rush thing and attitude is old hat, sorry :oops:

g
08-04-2004, 10:00 PM

An original sound that hasn't developed too much over the years in fairness to him. Hmm, I dunno, he gets on my nerves more than anything these days, and I don't really know why? I just reckon the DJ Rush thing and attitude is old hat, sorry :oops:
enjoyable sometimes but overall if you've heard a rush set or track, you've heard them all.

occasionally fun: sure, in small doses. if you're in the right mood it'll get ya movin & smiling. often all that matters.
inspiring: never.

so basically rush = most house music.

MARKEG
08-04-2004, 10:14 PM
i like rush. he's one of the few 'personalities' in techno and i think we need more people like that. i like people who try to take things further than just a set of decks and percussive beats. i genuinely think he should be applauded. :clap:

Spark
08-04-2004, 10:37 PM

I wish have one. Maybe PetDuo can get one for me... eheh

Cheers !

That t-shirt is sacred for me, i'm still wearing it sometimes when i have a gig.. .

It's good to see on this board that a lot of people like Rush, when you open here on a dutch board a topic about the Major they start screaming things like "brainless, stupid blablabla" I'm not a fan of the Major i just have a lot of respect this man, on every party where he is playing here in Holland.. . i'm there!

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 10:55 PM
i like rush. he's one of the few 'personalities' in techno and i think we need more people like that. i like people who try to take things further than just a set of decks and percussive beats. i genuinely think he should be applauded. :clap:

My sentiments exactly. :clap:
He is one tall mofo ain't he!
If I ever go to berlin I'm bringing a basketball with me.

heavy beats
08-04-2004, 11:08 PM

I agree.

btw, i've heard some great stories about you playing at rednofive. haha

278d7e64a374de26f==