PDA

View Full Version : Shameful !!!

Stella Boy
08-04-2004, 10:26 PM
A quote from Mistress Barbara about being ****ed over by her agent which I've picked up from another forum.

I wish I had the time to write about my recent tour in Asia as I really had the time of my life at gigs like Embassy Club in Jakarta (Indonesia) and especially at Zouk in Singapore (what an amazing club!!), plus of course really cool gigs in Australia like always (Sydney and Melbourne) but the reality is that right now I am dealing with stuff that is extremely disturbing and I am trying to sort out some serious SHIT that I think you should all know of because as you know my career is my baby, I love what I do more than anything in this world and it took me many years to build it and the last thing I want right now is that some ****ed up crazy disgusting people destroy it!

As you all know I care a hell of A LOT about my fans as I am very aware that YOU are the ones who make my work possible every week and so YOU have all the rights to be aware of all this.

As some of you may have heard or read in the recent couple of months, a very unfortunate matter happened to me regarding monies for gigs I have done but for which I haven't seen my wages. My ex booking agent Helene Mollison, who has collected the money for those gigs, has not paid me that money and has disappeared with all of it. The amount she has collected so far, between gigs I have done and deposits for supposed future gigs, comes up to exactly 16,720.00 US Dollars.
It is a horrible thing, criminal I say, and even as of today I cannot believe that someone has been horrible enough to the point of doing this to me, when I haven't done anything wrong and I just went out and did my work well, like a normal and civilized person. It is unfair and I will never, ever, forgive this!

Even if I won't forgive, I am trying to at least forget so I can sleep at night, but unfortunately it is quite impossible because, you see, I've had a couple of phone calls lately from promoters who are very upset because Helene has collected deposits for gigs that I wasn't even aware of!
Here’s an example Ray Junior from Montreal has wanted to book me for his summer show Evolution Radar 1, in July 2004. When I found out about this request, back in September 2003, I told her I wasn't able to do this as I only play for ARIA here in Montreal. She said no worries and that she would let them know. Well...... last week I got a phone call from Raymond Junior himself, saying to me that he has sent a deposit so he could reserve me for this gig and so he thinks that I will play there this summer! He has faxed me the proof of payment and there is nothing that can be said against that. He did pay indeed and he did get screwed, too...

This coming Friday February 6th, Motor Detroit expects me to show up and play. They, also, have paid Helene money. They, also, have faxed me the proof of payment and it has indeed been done. On top of that, the Detroit deal was an all inclusive of flights so out of that money that was all sent to her, I have nothing left to buy my flights now if, let's say, I wanted to go and play for free, one more time...
But I have lost so much that I honestly can't afford losing more. Motor is very upset and I understand them as they have been screwed too. Helene has collected that money and the guys in Detroit nor I will probably ever see the color of it!
The guys are nice though, they are trying to get me there anyway and they have offered another small amount of money on top of what they've paid to Helene so that I can show up this Friday, but unfortunately I really cannot afford to go there at the present moment for that small amount, without wanting to come across offensive of course, as they're kind enough to offer more when they've already paid enough and I know it is not their fault, but the thing is that it isn't mine, either.
It is costing me so much money in lawyer fees, to get what back? Maybe nothing, ever!
It is very unfortunate as I know they expect me to do miracles to show up, and maybe they are only thinking about the money they lost without really thinking about my situation, but I only wish this is not the case and that I will be able to keep a good relationship with them for the future, as this is totally out of my control.

I feel like I've been morally violated in my already very small capacity of trusting others and who knows how things will be for me in the future, but I know that I cannot any longer do this for free, otherwise I will stop it all and go work at McDonalds which may bring me more income in the end, and much less stress...

So I want to say that I am terribly sorry to disappoint all my fans who will most likely be very upset that I will not be able to attend the Detroit show this coming Friday and I'm also terribly sorry if I ever find out that more people have been caught in this same unfortunate situation like the Detroit promoters, Ray Junior from Montreal and myself. Everyday when I wake up I pray for not having any more emails or phone calls from promoters saying "Hi my name is ... and I sent money to Helene to book you for a show on ...".
Who knows how many more there really are out there...

So far so good, only 2 as far as I know of, but even only ONE is unacceptable. And this is not to mention that even only what happened to ME, in the first place, is completely disgusting and unacceptable!

That's all. I really hope I can count on all of you to read this and forward it to as many people as possible. I really do not mean to upset anyone at Motor and I really do not mean to disappoint any of my fans there by not showing up on Friday.

I can only hope that you can feel my pain and that you can put yourself in my position for just 5 minutes and understand that even if "the show must go on", it cannot go on like this for me anymore.

I hope there won't be any bad mouths talking shit this weekend in Detroit, as the TRUTH is here and that is all I can say for now.

Sorry again.

Truly yours,

Barbara.

I find this disgraceful and can't believe someone would stoop so low as to do this to a performer on their books. I know this happens a hell of alot in other areas of preformers/acts but this is the first I've heard of it in the DJ world.

The Overfiend
08-04-2004, 10:48 PM
What is going to happen is that possibility that most of the promoters and venues are going to sue Barbara. She is going to lose money to pay for an attorney who understands int'l business law. She needs to file criminal charges against her agent as soon as possible so that there may be warrants placed for this agent. Once these are in place it would be harder for the agent to leave what ever country she is located in.
Shit like this is exactly what's wrong with techno, because this isn't this first time I've heard of this situation.

dan the acid man
08-04-2004, 10:49 PM
that is shocking, but as we know people can be selfish and sick so it shouldnt really surprise us. I dont know about anybody else but i have a concience and i find it impossible to even think how people can behave like this

Sunil
08-04-2004, 11:09 PM
That's a really crooked agent she had, what a bad buzz, hope Barbara gets her money back anyway :rambo: Seriously though, we should send her a group hug on behalf on Blackout Audio, the poor girl :cry:

MARKEG
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
this is terrible. poor, poor lass - but how could she let it get to the stage where she's owed 16000 dollors????????????????????????????

i'd be going skitz alot sooner than that.

i feel for her. but why's she let it get to this????????

i defintely send my best to miss b and i hope you sort this out darlin.

Sunil
08-04-2004, 11:25 PM
this is terrible. poor, poor lass - but how could she let it get to the stage where she's owed 16000 dollors????????????????????????????

i'd be going skitz alot sooner than that.

i feel for her. but why's she let it get to this????????

i defintely send my best to miss b and i hope you sort this out darlin.

sounds like she's doing so much travelling that she didn't get a chance to catch up with her agent.

Lisa Lavish
08-04-2004, 11:26 PM
thats horrible

detfella
08-04-2004, 11:26 PM
thats disgusting.

Sunil
08-04-2004, 11:28 PM
that's disgraceful :)

Stella Boy
08-04-2004, 11:31 PM

Why the smile ?

dJpZ
08-04-2004, 11:43 PM
sunil=helen ....we'll catch you, you know.

audioinjection
08-04-2004, 11:44 PM
****ed up shit

Sunil
08-04-2004, 11:52 PM

Why the smile ?

If you follow the thread, you'll see "That's horrible", then "That's disgusting", so to continue the "That's ___" sequence I said "That's disgraceful". The subject matter of the thread didn't come into it. Know what I mean? :scratch:

Stella Boy
08-04-2004, 11:54 PM

Why the smile ?

If you follow the thread, you'll see "That's horrible", then "That's disgusting", so to continue the "That's ___" sequence I said "That's disgraceful". The subject matter of the thread didn't come into it. Know what I mean? :scratch:

Sorry man :oops: , too much of the gold stuff tonight. ;)

Sunil
08-04-2004, 11:54 PM
sunil=helen ....we'll catch you, you know.

Impossible, I have an alibi. I was at home all night on Blackout Audio..

Sunil
08-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Sorry man :oops: , too much of the gold stuff tonight. ;)

haha, no bother.. i can see how a quick browse through the page may have made my post look slightly callous.

Col
09-04-2004, 04:37 PM
shocking news. it seems greed spreads everywhere. techno would be one of the last places you would expect all this corrupt shit to be going on, but i suppose it happens everywhere. can you trust anyone in the music industry?

MARKEG
09-04-2004, 04:59 PM
you can, but like any industry it's made up of humans and you get bad and good in everything. that's why i don't have an agent. well apart from chrissi of course. did she not get an incline that she was like this? it seems so mind blowing i just cant understand it at all. i really feel for miss b i mean think about this - ALL THAT WORK!!!!! NOTHING!!!! It really does suck big time.

jonnyspeed
09-04-2004, 05:10 PM
tut tut

:shock:

Bughead
16-04-2004, 02:04 AM
There should be some type of watch dog, both for the artists and promoters so that you can have some gaurantee that you are getting your money and all is above board and that people either side of the fence arent trying to pull a fast one.

Its a shame alright, no money and will probably have to work for nothing to boot.

crime
16-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the music biz....

gunjack
16-04-2004, 02:07 PM
next time you are in jakarta Babs, remember: you can have someone killed by the police in indonesia for alot less than 16 thou......

(just teasin hehe)

Adverse
16-04-2004, 04:30 PM
terrible.

278d7e64a374de26f==