PDA

View Full Version : Where's the edit button?

Sunil
09-04-2004, 12:33 AM
I know it's not a hard techno topic and that, sorry, but where is the edit button gone and why is it gone ? :rambo:

crime
09-04-2004, 12:41 AM
I think it was removed due to "abuse"

dan the acid man
09-04-2004, 12:56 AM
yes, ive seen mark mention that it was removed to stop people editing posts after arguments so it doesnt look like they had started it e.t.c, although it does seem to re-appear every now and then which is strange

The Overfiend
09-04-2004, 03:14 AM
Only Administrators can edit.
I don't think we really need it.
Not having the edit button forces people to think about what they say before they post.
We would much rather have a forum of like minded individuals who have something to discuss and contribute instead of 12 year olds who just want to start gossip and leave without any repercussion for their actions.
Sorry to sound all rozzerish, but it's a good thing we have going here.
Lets work together to protect it.

:lol: Paid for by the Vote for Antonio in 2005 Comittee ;)

anx
09-04-2004, 08:43 PM
some boards have a function where you have 3 minutes to edit it or something, that way if you make a retarded spelling mistake or mistype a url or whatnot, you can change it right away. i always liked that idea...

TechnoLaydee
09-04-2004, 08:53 PM
i wondered where it was cos i cant delete my posts :cry:

Sunil
09-04-2004, 09:15 PM
some boards have a function where you have 3 minutes to edit it or something, that way if you make a retarded spelling mistake or mistype a url or whatnot, you can change it right away. i always liked that idea...

yeah that's the reason I like the edit button, if I make a spelling error or leave out a word or something

dan the acid man
09-04-2004, 11:00 PM
thats why you read through your post before submitting

dan the acid man
09-04-2004, 11:01 PM
that was weird, i clicked on submit and it wanted to download something :shock: :scratch:

Sunil
09-04-2004, 11:03 PM
thats why you read through your post before submitting

Son't be a smart arse :nono: If it's a long mail or over a certain amount of lines it can be possible not to get everything. Anyway it's no big deal, I preferred it when it was here that's all.

dan the acid man
09-04-2004, 11:20 PM
im not being a smart arse, its just thats what i do so i dont make too many mistakes, i understand not everybody has the time to do this, but if the edit button was included then it would take longer to re read your post once its posted then go and re edit it

ADDI
09-04-2004, 11:31 PM
edit buttons are handy tools but can be used by shit stirrers too often!!

Sunil
09-04-2004, 11:31 PM
im not being a smart arse, its just thats what i do so i dont make too many mistakes, i understand not everybody has the time to do this, but if the edit button was included then it would take longer to re read your post once its posted then go and re edit it

Fair point ;) It's a handy old button though, in fairness I've never been on a board before where I had an edit button so I guess maybe I was being spoilt here, either that or I'm just a pedantic ****er who welcomes the chance to correct myself if I've left out a comma or put in an extra 'the' or stuff like that !

gunjack
10-04-2004, 12:28 PM
bring back the edit button for the typing impared!

278d7e64a374de26f==