PDA

View Full Version : soundcard

wenna
18-02-2003, 11:04 AM
hi all,
i have a soundblaster 128 soundcard in my pc at the moment a it sounds really quiet and dull. ive been to all the menus and and turned the volume up to full but it still sounds sh*te- can any one please help??
:cry:

MARKEG
18-02-2003, 12:05 PM
get a new soundcard!

Barely Human
18-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Can anyone recomend a soundcard to me? It doesnt need multiple out ports,but it needs to support asio 2.

Basil Rush
18-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Lynx Two would be the choice if you can afford it, otherwise RME/Hammerfall or at the bargain end of the market the M-Audio Audiophile and things like that. Avoid anything with 'blaster' in the title!

wenna
18-02-2003, 04:56 PM
the card is brand new mark........ it was more expensive than my last soundcard and my last one was twice as loud if not more :cry:

MARKEG
20-02-2003, 01:48 AM
i hate soundblaster... so i'm bound to say this man..

ok so let's sort it out....

so the vol is too low. it must be in your control panel. have you got a soundblaster control panel?

also, what apps are you using where you're saying the vol is too low?

is it on a load of differnt apps or just one???

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 03:25 AM
ok, while we are on this soundcard thread....i have a question......

i want to use this computer for recording into from the master outputs of my mixer when i move studios next month....i was just gonna get an Audigy or somthing as literally all i need for thi is a decent quality stereo input..... ive only ever looked into multiple outcard soundcards so im a bit unsure..

so ive budgeted 140 squidz for this - and my budget is allready being pushed in other areas

can i do any better....?

remember i only need it for recording into....i dont have any sequencers or anything on this machine as i use it just for office/design work...

but i do want some inputs that will do my phattie new setup justice...

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 03:27 AM
oops sorry wenna, just nicked your thread...
duh!
icq me if you want, and ill talk u through it...
im messenger too : jimfish69@hotmail.com
sorry!

deegregg
20-02-2003, 12:40 PM
I own M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (it costs around 200 euro) and it is really great soundcard. As I remember using latest ASIO you can achieve 8ms latency which is enough when you are playing live on virtual instruments. Previously I had Soundblaster Live! with a low noise level and instead of original drivers I was using alternative ones which allowed me to get 10ms latency.

Here is the link to Audiophile card:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/m-audio/audiophile.php

wenna
20-02-2003, 01:02 PM
its ok guys - cheers. i ve managed to get it sorted now..... the problem was so stupid that im too embarrased to type it................ :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==