PDA

View Full Version : Rudeboy....???

h.a.r.d.s.i.g.n.a.l
12-04-2004, 12:31 AM
anyone remember when you didn't even have to preview a Marco Bailey release before you plunked down your cash? you just knew it was gonna be good.

but MBELEK014.....man, what a freakin' snorefest.... :roll:

shoulda known tho....unmixed techno cd's are generally bollocks.

Bailey & Redhead have now both come up short when it comes to releasing full lengths (anyone remember Dragon & Sword....thot not...). go back to what you do best boys....more like Ghost In The Head....less like self indulgent noodling to fulfill contractual obligations.

dirty_bass
12-04-2004, 12:56 AM
I`ve never just paid casj for a record without hearing it, nased on a name. It is this kind of Record buying mentality that allows producers (albeit the lazy ones) to rest on their laurels and release any old cack knowing that their reputation alone will sell it.
All artists, no matter how much you like em, will always make stuff you don`t like, and sometimes that is sub standard.
Buy actually listening to it before you buy, and even being critical about it when it is bad, and not buying shiiiite, is the only way the producers will keep on their toes, and strive hard to make that perfect tune.

killarava2day
12-04-2004, 08:19 AM
The new off shoot from MBE, called selections I think, has some all right tracks from Claude Young.

Stella Boy
12-04-2004, 09:17 AM
The new off shoot from MBE, called selections I think, has some all right tracks from Claude Young.

Alright :?: - they're quality as is the Ruskin rmx.

jonnyspeed
12-04-2004, 09:19 AM
I`ve never just paid cash for a record without hearing it, based on a name.

I have and been burnt a few times! ...like Adam Beyer's Ignition Key based on Drumcode releases - and a couple of Underground Resistance based on being last copies of limited editions. Luckily 95% of bad buys can just go back to Mr shopkeep.

The Overfiend
12-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I`ve never just paid cash for a record without hearing it, nased on a name

I can't believe some people have money to waste to do this crap.

Stella Boy
12-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I`ve never just paid cash for a record without hearing it, nased on a name

Fully agree, especially when some import labels can be upto £8 for a single 12".

h.a.r.d.s.i.g.n.a.l
12-04-2004, 05:02 PM

They don't. That's the point. But you gotta admit that there are artists that you know (or you USED to know) before you drop the needle that it's gonna be good.

Carola, Hertz and Bacto, G-Force, Liebing just to name a few. Bailey used to fall into that category as well.

What a pathetic drop in quality from the "name" producers as of late. The best sh*t is now being produced by kids from Poland and Germany (think Tomash Gee, Waldhaus, Amok, Wittekind).

SO with techno losing customers at an unprecedented rate, let's hope these nu-gen producers can shake the sh*t up and bring in some new fans and restore the faith in some of us older ones. Cuz if Rudeboy is the future of "techno" then i'm gonna start spinning progressive house. At least there some fresh ideas coming outta that camp.

Just my 2 centavos.

Sunil
12-04-2004, 05:09 PM
I`ve never just paid cash for a record without hearing it, based on a name.

I have and been burnt a few times! ...like Adam Beyer's Ignition Key based on Drumcode releases - and a couple of Underground Resistance based on being last copies of limited editions. Luckily 95% of bad buys can just go back to Mr shopkeep.

Come on :roll: "Ignition Key" is an outstanding album. Both die hard Drumcode fans and Detroit heads actually agreeing for a change too, there's no way on Earth that album could be a considered a bad buy !!

Esox Lucius
12-04-2004, 05:43 PM
can't say I have ever been a fan of Bailey's, I think he is an awful producer....any links to this btw?

gunjack
12-04-2004, 05:49 PM

look for mbselektions 02 with a maxi from gunjack!!!!!

Stella Boy
12-04-2004, 07:01 PM

look for mbselektions 02 with a maxi from gunjack!!!!!

Is this out yet ?. I've heard it's another quality track from Gunjack

The Overfiend
12-04-2004, 07:15 PM
What a pathetic drop in quality from the "name" producers as of late. The best sh*t is now being produced by kids from Poland and Germany (think Tomash Gee, Waldhaus, Amok, Wittekind).
Just my 2 centavos.

I beg to differ but that's just my opinion.
I know what you mean about the name. Only person I used to have that feeling with was Laidback Luke when he did techno. Otherwwise everyone is hit an miss these days. EVERYONE!

Stella Boy
12-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Laidback Luke's stuff on Touche really got my attention. Quality releases.

The Overfiend
12-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Those tracks on the Act the fool ep still live on till this day.

Stella Boy
12-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Those tracks on the Act the fool ep still live on till this day.

Agreed. :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==