PDA

View Full Version : Monitors and amp

eyes without a face
18-02-2003, 09:10 PM
im getting my monitors and amp in about a month and just wondering how i would go about connectin them to my pc. is it simply the output of my soundcard into my amp then into my monitors? or will i require a mixer between pc and amp?

just making sure so i know im deffo able to run things like Fruity thru my new gear

Jimfish
18-02-2003, 10:05 PM
yup - pc to amp...
stay away from fruity tho, cant see anyone getting to far with that...not making techno anywayz...get cubase sx and maybe just use fruity to make simple percussive loops...

eyes without a face
18-02-2003, 10:23 PM
kewl i wont have to fork out for a mixer then just now

ive actually been getting some good results from Fruity, ive only been using it about 7 months but getting the hang of it and its ideal for starting out on. i did have SX but it was a poor cracked version, so not been able to use it.

im getting Spirit Absolute two's monitors and Sampson servo 170 amp

MARKEG
19-02-2003, 02:30 AM
well - samson servo and absolute is a really good choice for you man...

jimfish - i personally hate fruity apart from making loops but if you're just getting started it's a god send. i recommend it if you need a quick fix way to get into music production... just remember, you're gonna have to go further 6 months down the line though... you can't release music just by using fruity...

Jimfish
19-02-2003, 11:42 AM
yeah mark, i see yer paoin i suppose it could be usefull for learning groove programming, before then going further into the production side with cubase...

Jimfish
19-02-2003, 11:42 AM
paoin???
that was meant to be point....
how did i manage that?

Barely Human
19-02-2003, 12:15 PM
I agree and disagree with mark on this one! Ive been using fruity for years now and if you really know what you are doin with it, you can get some craking results! I even know people who have releases by usin fruity! But its weakneses start showin when it comes to mastering, and you need to start using other programs! At the end of the day its gonna be personal prefferance that choses what u use, and fruity is great for startin out on, but to get great sound quality out of it its gonna take a good few years before you get anywhere with it!
My advice- Chose a program, and learn it inside out, then move on to another one, dont try and learn everything at once!!! It will take a good few years, but in the end its worth it!!!!

eyes without a face
19-02-2003, 04:34 PM
even tho im an avid fan of fruity, i do understand that im gonna ave to move onto more advanced/better quality programs and techniques. when i aqcuire my amp n speakers, its the first step in building my bedroom studio, i know its gonna b years b4 im doing stuff thats professional enough for release, but i also have faith that im gonna do it as its a personal goal of mine

this board really is the dog's bollocks, ****in perfect for people like myself just starting out

278d7e64a374de26f==