PDA

View Full Version :  wot do u produce?

eyes without a face
16-10-2002, 02:24 AM
hard? funky? anything inbetween??!!!

as much as i like djing harder stuff, i actually get more pleasure from producing funkier stuff, stuff with nice basslines etc, but i do like to make some hard stuff too its nice for getting the @#%$ out the system )

thetonewrecka
16-10-2002, 03:30 AM
I produce a lot of stuff I never release...just for my own enjoyment.

releases tend to be a bit bangin', but quirky sounds for sure. Just depends on my mood usually which direction I go.

eyes without a face
16-10-2002, 03:34 AM
i must say i do prefer to make harder stuff but im finding it difficult i must say... well to make hard stuff that sounds original or different anyway

Hakka.
16-10-2002, 03:41 AM
This may sound bizarre... but I actually sit down and draw the structure of the track down on paper.

I draw like a time line of beats (i.e shows marks of 32, 64 etc...) so I can plan where I want breakdowns to occur, build ups, hi-hats etc...

It helps me keep focused on the ration of how it sounds in my brain to how it is on the computer!

I will scan one in and e-mail it to anyone who wants to have a look. May sound rediculous to some of you but it helps me anyhow.

Nothing more... Nothing Less...

MARKEG
16-10-2002, 04:24 AM
OK, I'm already seeing a problem developing and I'm going to change the format of the forum slightly. I though it would be nice for trance producers to talk to techno producers and vica versa but I think it's just going to complicate things. After all... who into hard techno is going want to read about someone who wants to do powerful snare rolls???!!!! It's just going to put you off the section! hehehe...

Hakka.. I don't think these people are going to appreciate your style.... it just so happened that I contacted alot of techno people first after I designed the forum and most of these posts are from people who want to make techno, not trance. This will probably end up confusing alot of people....

I think I'll make a producer section for the seperate styles, it'll make it easier... starting from now!!!

Plus I'll make a Tech section for General Hardware.... this will appeal to everyone...

The changes will be in place by the time you read this...

MARKEG
16-10-2002, 04:31 AM
But hey, hakka.. if you want to seriously make techno, some of these guys can point you in the right direction (can't you guys????!!!!) hahahaha.....
Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/15/02 10:33:00 pm

Hakka.
16-10-2002, 04:35 AM
Yeah sure thing, I'm definitly up for delving in to making of techno. Would be interesting what I come up with! But good call on prob's with tech/trance producing clashing!

Watch this space with Techno producing.

Hakka.
16-10-2002, 04:48 AM
Also, I am sorry if I'm a bit too trancey oreintated for this site but I have been in to techno too for many years... more recently in to Mark Tyler stuff.

MARKEG
16-10-2002, 05:05 AM
no mate, you're not to trancey 'for this site'... i really want to make this a global site for anyone into hard music... but o just i saw you postin hard trance names as influences on this techno forum and i thought it's probably best to create a h trance board for h trance producers on the hard trance forum (which wasn't previously available)....

but hey, if you're up for collaborating with any of these producers i thin we should start a collaboration thing going.... let me create a new post...

Esox Lucius
16-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Mark Tyler is an excellent producer... sounds quite like geezer (which isn`t a bad thing)... he produces with guy (geezer) a lot though so this is probably why.

DJZeMig_L
17-10-2002, 03:28 AM
I would say mainly bangin' techno... actually it's hard but not 2 agressive ... definite Chicago scent thrown in... It can be tweeky or downright funky minimal... latelly I seem 2 b into a more of a cross-over between chicago style perc. , ghetto tech vocals, tweeky synth.. also some tastes of tribal drums (not 2 much)...

i've also donne some collab. on a more of a house tip... some stuff out on a national label called Magna ... also did a house remix 4 that.... ... OH No .. Blasphemy lol :P

In truth I quite enjoyed doin' something totally different from what I've been doing 4 some 8 years now!!

Z

MARKEG
17-10-2002, 03:57 AM
Ze MigL!

Lovely to see you on this site. To tell you the truth, this guy is a very, very good producer. I've reviewed lots of his tunes over the years - anyone on DJAX recordings must have serious talent.

This is precisely what I want this forum to be - a place where talkented producers like this can give advice to those who are learning and perhaps share ideas to with those who are a little more experienced.

Nice one for becoming a part of the community mate, please keep checking back with your great advice when you can.

eyes without a face
17-10-2002, 04:34 AM
yeah this is good news indeed

us little beginners need help from people like urselfs, establised and experienced producers who can give us the benefit of ur knowledge!!!

DJZeMig_L
17-10-2002, 07:36 PM
Thankz Mark..

really I do not deserve that much praize.. just a regular jo who loves 2 puch some faders and twiddle some knobs .. eheh :P

I'd love 2 help as much as I can.. but please no wan*ing formalities needed In here we're all alike... looking for exchange ideias and knowledge..

PS- bare with my bad English (only 2 years o ENglish in school).. speaking is not so bad but writing!?

Z

heavy beats
06-04-2004, 10:57 PM
hard......

funky....

just the way the ladies like it.

EmotionComplex
06-04-2004, 11:04 PM
wow this is an oldy

heavy beats
06-04-2004, 11:16 PM
yeah, im a n00b as some would say, so i'm just catching up.

cheers.

Col
06-04-2004, 11:47 PM
talk about back from the dead!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==