PDA

View Full Version : Dave Clarke - Essential Mix - Last Sat. nite

Capone
14-04-2004, 01:41 AM
he Essential Mix Tracklist: 11/04/2004

Dave Clarke

Willie Hutch - Brothers Gonna Work It Out (Motown)
White Label - Unknown (Zuv2002)
White Label - Unknown (Ion001)
Pacou - Unknown (Tre 209)
Jeff Mills - 31J56-4 (Axis Records)
Claude Young - James Ruskin Remix (White label)
Dave Clarke - Just Ride (Ruskin Remix) (Skint)
BMB - Emtec (White Label)
Umek - HIVID (White Label)
Jeff Mills - Late Night (Tresor)
Makaton - White Label (Rodz – Konez)
Transition - Transition (UR)
Club MCM - Sterac Mix (White Label)
Ectasy Club - Jesus Loves Acid (White Label)
Cem Salman - Oral (Teknotika)
Bad Pimps - Soul Power (Terminal M)
Kalpa - MK004 (Pure Plastic)
H&M - Suspense (Axis Records)
Echoplex - Magnetic Share of Wonders (End To End)
Black Noise - Nature Of The Beast Remixes Pt2 (End To End)
Petar Dundov - B2 (Music Man)
Scan 7 - White Label (B Tracks)
Laibach - Tranz Mit (Umek ‘Upbeat’ Remix) (White Label)
The Advent - Houdini (White Label)
Optic Nerve - Back From The Future (Puzzelbox)
T-wrex - Attack Of The Clones (Satamile NYC)
Sbasship - Block Universe EP (Electronic Corp)
Keith Tucker - When Metroplex was Meteroplex (Twilight 76 Recs.)
Mystic K - The Dust EP (ETRX018)
B Boy Beats & Pieces 02 - Saxon Scoundrel (Fresh Fest)
Ice-T, The Glove & Dave - Storiss Reckless (Taxidermi Records)
Psylocity - Pump It (Klang Der Maschinen)
DJ Rush - Auralizer vs DJ Dexter (Djax Up Beats)
Wyndell Long - Ghetto Fabulous (Djax Up Beats)
DJ Omega - White Label (White Label)
Dave Clarke - Way Of Life (Skint)
Popero 1 - White Label (White Label)
Justin Berkovi - I Can Feel The Sound (Predicaments)
Dynarec - Lost Souls (White Label)
MB Electronics - White Label (White Label)
Backdraft - Filter EP (End To End)
Alternation - White Label (White Label)
Long Vision - Drive (Planete Rouge)
Tim Xavier - Scandalistic Endeavour EP (Mafia Recs.)
Christian Varela - White Label (Black Code No. 4)
Cane - Teknotest (Acrola)
Michel Forza - Perimeter (Diki Records)
Futago Industries - Abantu (Teknotika)
Wyndell Long - Birth Control (Pro-Jex)
Speedy J/Literon - Collabs 200 (Novamute)
Fixmer/McCarthy - Suicide (White Label)
Skinny Puppy - Assimilate (White Label)
Bad Brains - Intro (White Label)

Any of yous hear it?? If so, what did you think????

maily
14-04-2004, 02:36 AM
i thought it was better than the last set i heard by him, radio one live in brighton.

tekboi
14-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Is it downloadable? Have you got a link for it or na?

Would love to hear it, how can I get my hands on it. Will it be released as a CD compilation (Essential Mix) then?

Methodixxx
14-04-2004, 05:00 AM
I presume it would be in the archive section on the radio 1 site Tekboi...

Saw DC on sat here in Syd and he played some good tunes but was his usual self... I don't dig totally... :roll:

jonnyspeed
14-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Dave Clarke is a nob

Numeric
14-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Dave Clarke is a nob

:lol:

massplanck
14-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Dave Clarke is a nob :roll:

Your momma is fat.

maily
14-04-2004, 12:59 PM
what is everyones problem with DC?

basslinejunkie
14-04-2004, 01:00 PM
i listend 2 it,1st hour was excellent i was gobsmaked 2 b honest.2nd hour nosedived though.sum quality tunes in the 1st hour and also he seems 2 have cut out the overuse of fx (yes its true!!!) but was still mixed poorly,lazyly even.even so this was the best ive heard of clarke in a long,long time.

schlongfingers
14-04-2004, 01:12 PM

for me itz personal :rambo:

Paul Zykotik
14-04-2004, 01:16 PM

He's an opinionated arse? It's impossible to judge until you meet him in person, but on the strength of his interviews he comes across as being arrogant and intolerant. I never understand why someone wants to come across in that way, but there you go.

He comes in from some unnecessary criticism regarding his sets though - when I've seen him he's been pretty good. I think if he was a likeable person people would give him plaudits...but then what goes around comes around.

Methodixxx
14-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Saw DC on sat here in Syd and he played some good tunes but was his usual self... I don't dig totally... :roll:

This comment was meant to be about his set... just realised it might be taken a different way... meh..

I just don't like how much he (ab)uses the effects and the drifting mixes which he bails out of early... but he has his stylee and it works a floor... especially with the fast fader action ;)

jonnyspeed
14-04-2004, 01:33 PM
...very average for a bloke that gets 100s of free records through the post and has nothing to do all day but music. Plus I always think any men with bitch tits are just lazy cunts that have some major eating disorder that they should deal with.... but for some reason think its normal for a man to be obease like Dave Clarke.

Numeric
14-04-2004, 01:57 PM
It seems like we go through this Davey Clarke disucssion once every month...

The main reason why i feel a lot of people have a dislike for him is because of the attitude. I've read interviews and articles which have made me think 'what is this guy on'. Then you have the bad mixing, mis-use of effects and the hordes of club kids who worship him like some kind of idol...

I haven't actualy witnessed him live for many years, but back in them days he was one of the greatest without doubt, it's such a shame he seems to have lost his way, big time!!

The Overfiend
14-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Is this a debate or a friar's roast?
Let's post with some substance or kill the topic.
Clarke's "bitch tits" :lol:
are not exactly a topic I or most others on the forum want to read about, lol.

Col
14-04-2004, 06:17 PM
id love to hear about clarkes hairy nipples. good old dave "bitch titty" clarke. eh?

to be fair the tracklisting for his set dont look too bad.

jonnyspeed
14-04-2004, 07:38 PM
appologies for focusing on the physical - I just get the red mist when I hear his name... and there's so much on the psycological side to poke fun at :)

I lived the Djax Up Beats tunes tho ;) so much I bough them...

jonnyspeed
14-04-2004, 11:25 PM
..and It looks like he didn't play the DJ Bam Bam remix *- opting for the rather weak original. Says it all really.

* please correct me if I;m wrong - cos I ain't gonna listen to him to find out - no more, mummy please switch it off...

jonnyspeed
14-04-2004, 11:30 PM
http://img39.photobucket.com/albums/v120/DANFRST/office.gif

The Overfiend
15-04-2004, 01:22 AM
what the heck?

Benkouijzer
15-04-2004, 09:08 AM
what the heck?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

jonnyspeed
15-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Just a little movie of an average Dave Clarke fan... and look he's even grown bitch tits like Dave and adopted his superior sense of style.

tioneb
16-04-2004, 09:00 PM
1st of all im not a dave clarke fan at all ...

but this essential mix is very good, kewl track selection !!! and yeah DC playin electro is wicked , and first hours is really good techno.

the skills ??? if there are some people here discussing about the skills of this mix, they are not that good but they are really more than acceptable... wo what have the people against it ??? the tracklisting is good tahts the most important ... having the pissing idea to give that much importance to skills makes me laugh a lot when the same people DC is arrogant hahah !

about DC behaving ive never met him ..; ive heard hes terrible with some promoters but these are only rumours. I would be an asshole if the promoters is an asshole to me, i guess he thinks like this . Actually ive met two promoters telling me is really nice and itneresting guy, that he spent a lot of time to chat with them , i guess thats becasue these are promoters caring about the djs. To sum up if you satisfy the little "stary things" DC asks (ie provide him some good cigars) then he will be gentle to you !

death on a stick
16-04-2004, 10:03 PM
this essential mix is very good, kewl track selection !!! and yeah DC playin electro is wicked , and first hours is really good techno.
at best the mix is average. The electro he plays is crap. Not cos it's electro, but cos he's playing crap electro. Half the techno tracks sound the same (big chord stabs, heavy claps etc), when he plays a bit of booty it's always a really poor booty track. There are no changes in energy level throughout the whole two hour mix.

On the positive side there are some really cool tracks in there, and his mixing was quite restrained, none of the usual overuse of fx...but the set is definitely not "very good". It's pretty bland.

Stella Boy
16-04-2004, 10:31 PM
I haven't heard the mix but I've seen his top 10 on his site and it's pretty good. I've heard a few of his sets recently and fair enough, the mixing is a bit ropey at times and some of the track selection is debatable but he's achieved more than the majority of the people on this forum ever will.

Regarding his set on R1, you have to remember that listening to techno at home on the radio and listening to techno in a club is a completely different thing (obvious I know :roll: ). You can really notice things alot more when your listening to a mix at home but club techno/electro is exactly that that, club techno. The ambience in a club is completely different and more often than not, you've had a few drinks or whatever takes your fancy. I'm not a big Clarke fan these days but I know that this guy gets the party going at a club and that's what we want isn't it, a party ?.

DROID
16-04-2004, 11:09 PM
the electro part killed it for me

but im glad he is dropping echoplex and rob hood in the mix :cool:

karlo
17-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Is there any link to download the set?

jourdain
17-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Is there any link to download the set?

http://joke.chem.rug.nl/rene/Essential%20Mix%202004-04-11%20-%20Dave%20Clarke.mp3

eyes without a face
17-04-2004, 01:57 PM
wikid mix from a wikid DJ

good stuff indeed

Willy_Wonka
17-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Just out of interest does anyone who rates this mix, care to back up their argument with a little more than superlatives...

No, really I'm with DoaS here, but I would like to hear from some of the Clark afficianados what makes this a good mix... I think its worth bearing in mind that this is mix, being played out on what is probably one of the prime 'dance music' radio slots on the globe and given the wide breadth of dance music genres that get played out on the Essential Mix was DC on this occasion a good 'ambassador for techno music?

I'm inclined to think not, some good tunes, but the whole two hours just leaves me thinking that a lot of people will think that techno is bland and flat genre with a particular narrow selection of tunage to choose from.

Frank Dogshit
19-04-2004, 07:43 PM
dont half dig mr fixmers-destroy tune near the end tho!

278d7e64a374de26f==