PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Ableton users - Advice needed!

MARKEG
15-04-2004, 10:40 PM
OK, I'm fairly new to doing full tracks in Ableton and I'd like to know if this is possible:

I've imported my loops onto the sequence page (not the live/loop page) and I'm super happy with them. I've got different keys on the keyboard triggering the mutes.

SOOOOO

All I want to do now is jam out and record it all in the sequence page.

I've thought to myself that:

I could repeat the loops for 10 minutes or so and then press record and jam out, But surely this will just mean that my 10 minutes sequence will be a VERY-HARD-TO-EDIT bunch of mutes going on and off??????

I'm sure I saw a friend of mine be able to do a live jam and record the whole sequence in the sequence page (which registered as waveform blocks rather than mutes) but I'm sure he was trigerring loops from the loop page (not the sequence page).

Has anyone got any advice? How do I do what I want to do????

Muchos thanks in anvance ;)

jake
15-04-2004, 10:46 PM
i usually either lay out all my loops in the sequence window and do it the boring way or hit record and go in the triggering window and then go back and make sure all my automation and sample triggering are on time.

DJZeMig_L
16-04-2004, 12:59 AM
load yer loops into the "normal" page.... press record jam live, .. stop go to the sequencer page and m«now u have what u need... plus u can tweek and change tracks/ movements... u r doing it the othe way around!

Z

MARKEG
16-04-2004, 01:12 AM
fair enough but i love the flexibility of the sequence page ... how do i get the loops i've just done from the sequence page to the live/loops page so i can jam? do i have to export everything as wav from the sequence page and then import them back in????? wow if i did this i would loose all the fx/eq's etc.. there must be an easier way to do this??????????????????????

MARKEG
16-04-2004, 01:16 AM
yes that must be the question... how do i shift all my loops from the sequence page to the loop page (and all the changes i've made including alot of copying and pasting) ???????

DJZeMig_L
16-04-2004, 04:30 AM
ah well, my answer was more about future new tracks, just start the other way round.

Has 2 the ones u have jus 2 renders of the main loop and its variations (a bit like using the solo, the locators and the export audio mix down in cubase) of each track. Then 4 each of the tracks u add'em vertically so that when u activate a loop it mutes the one on top or the bottom... this might b a bit of a pain... but I guess u only have a bout 1-2 tracks 2 work on...

Z

FILTERZ
16-04-2004, 07:00 PM
i allways trigger everything fom the loops page and record it live and then tighten it all up in the sequencer page after, dont think this helps you though, :roll: sorry if not

DJZeMig_L
16-04-2004, 08:45 PM
yes it does bro... that's what I was saying is the all concept of the prob!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==