how do you think would rock it the most :?:

Numeric
16-04-2004, 09:39 AM
These days...

Dunno man...

:neutral:

ncw
16-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, it's like asking if you want to be stabbed in the face or the neck.

I'd go for Beltram, purely cos he shits on TR as a producer, but they're both boring DJs.

subsonic
16-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Hmmm, it's like asking if you want to be stabbed in the face or the neck.

I'd go for Beltram, purely cos he shits on TR as a producer, but they're both boring DJs.

why are they boring in your opinion mate

Si the Sigh
16-04-2004, 09:44 AM
TR played @ the C.C once & wasn't hard enough for the crew & bored everyone to death. The 2nd time he played, he brought the hardest & most fu*ked up shit you've ever heard and he killed the dance floor. He told the club ower afterwards the reaction he got almost made him want to quit DJ'ing as he had never experenced the devestation he had caused before! :lol: Back in the day, TR was the man (check Dreamscape 20 tape & others for proof), but I have not heard him for years, bar a proper gash mix CD on the front of Mixmag / Musik / or something.

ncw
16-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Well, Rockcliffe plays the most tedious and plodding excuse for techno, more like bland tech house which goes nowhere, and Beltram has been playing the same set since 1995. Admittedly Beltram plays some decent stuff, and I love some of his records, especially "Places".

Paul Zykotik
16-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Rockliffe was brilliant back in 95 - that Dreamscape 20 tape blew me away when I first heard it. I've got tapes of him from 94 playing bouncy techno and gabba, I'd imagine he doesn't look back on those sets too fondly ;)

These days though, he doesn't stand out from the tons of other techno/tech-house dj's out there.

dcdn
16-04-2004, 10:13 AM
i'd go for beltram, not only for his mega productions of the past but also when it comes to djing he's far better in it than TR in my opninion. and some of beltram's newer productions (as a filter house producer) are nice as well (not really my thing but easy listenable).

eyes without a face
16-04-2004, 10:38 AM
BELTRAM BELTRAM BELTRAM!!!!!

Seriously, Joey is an absolute legend and is on a totally different level to Rockcliffe. Production wise the man has produced countless classics "Energy Flas", "The Start it up" and "Mentasm" to name a few, tracks that have really stood the test of time. Ive not seen him Dj yet but from mixes ive heard and personal opinions of people i know he can rock it just as well on the decks as in the studio

Tiptoe
16-04-2004, 10:44 AM
beltram just to say i have seen him. He never bloody turned up to the orbit when he was booked. Have heard off a reliable source he is playing hard again and having heard rockliffe's productions of lately it has to be joey.

Si the Sigh
16-04-2004, 10:46 AM
TR's productions lately have been a bit poor. Great if you like tec-house though, but not my cup of tea at all...

Numeric
16-04-2004, 10:50 AM
I like tec-house, but JB's recent s**t has been just too cheesy...

schlongfingers
16-04-2004, 10:52 AM
BELTRAM BELTRAM BELTRAM!!!!!

Seriously, Joey is an absolute legend and is on a totally different level to Rockcliffe. Production wise the man has produced countless classics "Energy Flas", "The Start it up" and "Mentasm" to name a few, tracks that have really stood the test of time. Ive not seen him Dj yet but from mixes ive heard and personal opinions of people i know he can rock it just as well on the decks as in the studio

He is a legend indeed, but he doesn't play anything like the tracks you mention - basically he plays 'funky' house, yes including the vocal side of things.

That's good for me cos I like it like that, but if you're expecting a 'hard techno' set you'll probly be shocked :D

eyes without a face
16-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Joeys recent remix of Player is a superb track, very effective

Esox Lucius
16-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Beltram without doubt, I have heard of him not turning up to play at a lot of places though.

Stuart
16-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Beltram hand's down.

slimboy
16-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Beltram always.

Saw him a few times at Atomic Jam and he rocked. Also saw him at Analogue City @ Mass in London a few years back with Damon Wild. Beltram played one of the best sets I've ever witnessed.

Ballpark...what a tune!!

jonnyspeed
16-04-2004, 01:14 PM
trevor back in the day - 93-94 when he was proper rave tech but not now he's lost his edge and plays techhouse for da laydeees.

crime
16-04-2004, 01:27 PM
What colour do you think is best, red or green?
I think it's red, and I'll fight anyone to the death who doesn't agree.... :roll:

subsonic
16-04-2004, 01:33 PM
What colour do you think is best, red or green?
I think it's red, and I'll fight anyone to the death who doesn't agree.... :roll:

i was just asking mate as i would like to know what people think of dj's i want to book thats all mate

jonnyspeed
16-04-2004, 01:33 PM
gan on then. Outside with the red crew, mofo

romelpotter
16-04-2004, 10:40 PM
beltram imo rocks, productions aside like the start it up etc and ya mentasim ..... **** what a track. i remember when beltram played voodoo when it was at clear, that was one of my best nights of my life omg :shock: :lol: :lol: maybe i am swayed becouse of this :twisted:

Stella Boy
16-04-2004, 10:45 PM
At a push I'd say JB, but only because of the quality of releases he used to put out. The last time I saw him he was a massive let down, playing disco and noodly tech-house all night, but this was about 2/3 years ago.

Col
16-04-2004, 11:03 PM
ive never seen either of these guys perform, but on the production side of things i probably prefer rockcliffe. he used to be one of my fav producers a few years ago, but his grooves became a little too laid back for my liking.

if i was to attend a night though, i think beltram would be a more attractive prospect.

The Overfiend
16-04-2004, 11:54 PM
1st 2nd and 3rd of all.
Rockliffe is good for grooves straight up. When you get a Trevor ep you know you can warm up a techno crowd and peak a house crowd.

But Beltram??

My man has programmed some of the hottest techno in the history of the music so me being satisfied with the new cut and paste approach he has with loops..... ah ah nah. Last year he came out with a track that was pretty much the same track as Olav Basoski on samplitude. Very disappointing, and I am not knocking the man at all he's more than paid his dues, I met him when I was sixteen and into graffiti and he was an established graffiti writer as well, he was a sound guy totally. But I think he can and should combine his programming talent with his loop capabilities and belt out some more Memorable stuff instead of Loop Disco with a techno kick.

The Divide
17-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Beltram, no question about it. Well back in the days that is.

Try listening to Forklift while on acid. Nothing quite like it :rambo:

dan the acid man
17-04-2004, 12:11 PM
1st 2nd and 3rd of all.
Rockliffe is good for grooves straight up. When you get a Trevor ep you know you can warm up a techno crowd and peak a house crowd.

But Beltram??

My man has programmed some of the hottest techno in the history of the music so me being satisfied with the new cut and paste approach he has with loops..... ah ah nah. Last year he came out with a track that was pretty much the same track as Olav Basoski on samplitude. Very disappointing, and I am not knocking the man at all he's more than paid his dues, I met him when I was sixteen and into graffiti and he was an established graffiti writer as well, he was a sound guy totally. But I think he can and should combine his programming talent with his loop capabilities and belt out some more Memorable stuff instead of Loop Disco with a techno kick.

you have hit the nail on the head there my friend :cool:

Beltram's tunes nowadays are so frustrating compared to his older material

Capone
17-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Stricly from the dj-ing side of things, Rockclife pisses all over Beltram.....his mixing is way, waaaay tighter, and his track selection is better. For those of you who have described Rockcliffe's sound as tech-house, or in some way laid back, I think you must not have heard him for a while, 'cos he plays a lot harder than Beltram.
I've heard Rickcliffe about 8 times in the last 7 yrs and 7 out of 8 times he totally rocked it. Heard Beltram about 2 yrs ago.......sloppy mixing, and played loads of his own filtered productions, which caused the set to sound like one long filtered, slightly cheesy Beltram record.

ncw
17-04-2004, 09:44 PM
You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak.

(Quote from Brass Eye - no offence)

Um, production wise Rockcliffe is utter pap. Mindless looped dull shit, would rather listen to the sound of my intestines being slapped against the wall. I remember being a young(er) naive techno head eager to hear the music I loved in London and going to Ultimate Base, only to be bored to murderousness by Jim ****ing Masters and TR. Load of shite for sure.

It hardly qualifies as techno, depends how you perceive it and how low your standards fall.

(disclaimer - I'm pissed, so likely to be over abusive - I still maintain that our trev is a bollocks DJ)

crime
18-04-2004, 01:28 AM
i was just asking mate as i would like to know what people think of dj's i want to book thats all mate

Fair enough, I just think DJs/Acts should be judged on their own merit, I don't think these kind of comparisons really work, because you'll always get one group of people going "I love DJ 'A', DJ 'B' is a pile of shit" and the other group of people disagreeing...

Why not check out some mixes, would probably give you a bit of a better idea....

subsonic
19-04-2004, 07:47 AM

Fair enough, I just think DJs/Acts should be judged on their own merit, I don't think these kind of comparisons really work, because you'll always get one group of people going "I love DJ 'A', DJ 'B' is a pile of shit" and the other group of people disagreeing...

Why not check out some mixes, would probably give you a bit of a better idea....

i know what i think of them iwas just testing the water on what everybody else thought ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==