PDA

View Full Version : Implementing a JoMoX AirBase99

j_s
18-04-2004, 08:28 PM
After working on Fruity Loops for a number of years, I wanted to expand my horizons a bit and decided to splash out on a bit of hardware, so I bought a jomox AirBase.

As I bought the thing from from ebay, I was forced to snatch it up (at a pretty good price) before I could really research into how to integrate it into my current setup. So now I'm stuck in the situation of not really knowing how to use it properly.

Until now I've used FLStudio to produce everything I've done, but I'm looking to move on to a more 'standard' sequencer like Cubase SX.

My question is, does anyone have experience using an Airbase in conjunction with a predominantly software based setup?
At the moment I've got the following kit to work with:

A fairly up-to-date PC
Delta 66 Soundcard (4 i/o)
M-Audio Uno 1x1 USB MIDI interface
Behringer (I know...) Eurorack Mixer (10 channels)

In terms of software, I'm open to suggestions - as I said, I'm looking for a new sequencer...

Any help/advice appreciated

Cheers,
Jack

DJZeMig_L
19-04-2004, 01:10 AM
A lot of people use fruitys midi... now u can even record 2 an "audio track" so I guess best thing is to stick with what u know untill u feel that there is something u can't do with it and u need 2 do it... If it works why change? That's my moto... but I do agree that there is no wrong in trying other stuff for the sake of learning!! :)

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==