PDA

View Full Version : A New Track

Tyrisia
19-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Here's another track 4 u lot to listen 2, I'm not sure whether it's finished or not yet, I would love to know what y' all think.

Cheers,

Will

Right Click Save As (http://www.tyrisia.iofm.net/Tyrisia%20-%20Night-05.MP3)

MARKEG
20-02-2003, 01:30 AM
defo not as good as your other trax. from what i'm getting now, it's your production that you have to work on - not your general ideas. you've got a sound or a 'way' you like your music to be made and that's half the battle i reckon.

really work on filling your tracks up. use loads more loops than you think you actually need - just eq out the bad parts.... you're not far off at all...

anyone else agree/disagree???????

Anonymous
20-02-2003, 01:50 AM
When u say production, u mean levels n stuff? I'm just recordin into logic at the mo, I haven't done any post production at all on any of the tracks u've heard, cos I haven't got the software basically!

When u say loops, do u mean more percussion? I don't actually use loops generally, just single instruments from certain loops, and then sequence them together.

I know the track's a bit empty, but do u reckon I bin it and start afresh, or r there useful elements in it?

Tyrisia
20-02-2003, 01:52 AM
That was me postin previous - forgot to login!

MARKEG
20-02-2003, 11:38 AM
well we always 'start afresh' and move to the next track when we've done a track. i really hate going back onto summit .... but do what you feel is necessary.

i think i'd love to hear some of your stuff on CD to get a better reaction. it's hard to comment really properly on computer speakers, but i do think you should experiment with some more 'loops' in your style. create your own or buy a cool sample cd and add them to your sound. i think you'll be really surprised....

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:06 PM
i realyy like this track, but have to agree it does sound a bit basic on the prodution side.....
i think that with a few more loops and some big ol bass you will be right in there!!
i love the track at about 3 minutes - after that im not so keen on the tinkly synth that comes in(if i was making it i would just leave it with the deeper stabs and use the bass beats to pump it after the break - but i see why that synth is there and if that is your style, that is fine!) but really thats just a personal preference...
if the track had those things in i would definitly sign it for our new label - 'midisync' which weve just started through neuton....
maybe you should come down to london and hook up with me before i leave and i can show you some little tricks to get the groove/ production a bit phatter...
definitly good work i say though!!

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:07 PM
im a sucker for a good stab...

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:10 PM
just listened to your other tack - 'slam dance'
wikkid stuff too...
i think that technically you are excellent - much better than me at this shit, just get the production pumpin and you are away!!

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:14 PM
i think you are gonna be the nutz myself... your tracks show so much potential...
can you send me some info eg:

how many there are of you
how long you been doin it
wot kit u use
any releases you have so far etc etc

got me all excited!!

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:15 PM
where u based too...

Anonymous
20-02-2003, 04:38 PM
In answer to all ur questions Jim..

Just me - Will Bithell - in a bedroom in a terrace house in the Isle of Man, whiling away the hours for the past two years, trying 2 get me head round a Supernova 2, Spirit SX desk, XL 7 Command Station, Quasimidi 309, Behringer Composer Pro and Ultrafex 2, TLA Fat 1, Carillon PC, Reaktor, Logic P, Spirit Absolute 2's, and Servo Amp.

I used 2 have a residency at now defunct club night Indigo in Dundee, playin techhouse (think Soma) and techno, until I had 2 move back to the Isle of Man, so I know what the kids dance 2, it's just gettin it right in the studio that's taken the time.

I've never sent out a demo in my life (2 self critical), so I've never come even close 2 a release, but I'm finally gettin me own style and as Mark said, that's half the battle, so I might start sendin out demos of some stuff soon. If u're interested, I'll get a demo together and maybe sent it 2 u?

Anonymous
20-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Me forgot 2 login again! Doh!

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:42 PM
yes mate, for sure...
icq me or messenger

(jimfish69@hotmail.com)

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:45 PM
or phone me: 0208 510 3523...im here all afternoon till 6ish...

278d7e64a374de26f==