PDA

View Full Version : Virus-c 2 trancy

rock
20-02-2003, 04:02 AM
I like making trance sometimes but my style is a little harder and deeper. The Virus-C is a little too trancy for my style. What do you guys recommend to add to my arsenal. money aside, what do YOU use or HAVE YOU used that you would say thats what you couldnt do without when you produce. I would like a unit with a dirtier harder sound, and preferrably something that I can customize the arp. Any thoughts guys?

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 04:13 AM
thinking about it....i dont think ive ever used a synth on a techno track...

MARKEG
20-02-2003, 11:32 AM
If we use a MIDI synth on a techno track, it takes us absolutely AGES to get it right.

Best thing is to stay up late one night and record yourself messing about with the synth - try to make it sound as techno as possible.

Then chop up your results into loops.

You'll definitely find some really good new sounds in there somewhere!

Jimfish
20-02-2003, 02:58 PM
yep....
thats techno

sound simaler to the way that when get uninspired i just record a couple of minutes of channel surfin through the tv.....
there is always some odd little noises or nice hits or pads....every time....you only really notice them when you are editing the waveform tho, well i do...

rock
21-02-2003, 05:37 AM
Hey Jim..thanks.
Im gonna go the route u had said..mostly soft stuff and a mackie 24/8
i'll keep u posted..

Tyrisia
21-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Don't dis synths I say, it's a definite route to ur own sound. Get a good hard or soft synth with 3+ oscillators an as Mark says - really f#*% about with 'em. I've got a Supernova 2 which I use in every track an it does me fine - originality I don't think is as easy to emulate with samples, but then I don't use samples much, so I might be talking out of my rear end. But see - thing is - I love my synth. End of.

Tyrisia
21-02-2003, 08:45 AM
I do remember reading a review somewhere tho that said all the reviewer could get out of the Virus C was trance sounds. Maybe buy Reaktor - build ur own synths 4 quater of the cost, and sounds good as well!

278d7e64a374de26f==