I hope you'll like it !!

bpm : 144

http://hurryupman.free.fr/A-Side_Corrupted.mp3

dan the acid man
20-04-2004, 12:36 AM
some nice ideas going on here, the top end is a bit too harsh though

mux
20-04-2004, 02:00 AM
I agree with Dan; there's an awful lot of hissing up there that could be way more pleasant with, perhaps, the judicious use of a gate? Might be worth experimenting with a de-esser, perhaps. That breakbeat sample also makes the groove of the track feel a bit awkward. If you're not already, maybe try pulling it into ReCycle and experimenting with swing a bit, see how that changes the feel of the track. Definitely need to get rid of some or all of that hiss - maybe an autofilter?

Good solid TR-909 kick going on tho; I bet this sounds great on a PA.

I especially like the weird loop that comes in at about 1:30 and again at about 4:55. :) The kick breakdown at 1:52 seems a bit out of place (on the wrong bar, perhaps?), but is definitely welcome - I was hoping to hear more kick fills like that later in the song, say, every 64 bars. :) (I LOVE REVERSE 909 KICKS)

dirty_bass
20-04-2004, 05:09 AM
I like it, but the guys are right, way too harsh.
Sounds like you stuck quite a hard compression over the whole song and this has cuased serious hiss (and reduced the overall dynamic). I could be wrong.
The tops end up lacking depth, and come out flat and hissy, so this needs addressing.
That bongo loop that comes in at 2:14 needs to be blended in to the mix a little, maybe some more reverb or a delay.
Nice kickdrum workout though. That would really flap the trousers!!!

Just get down and clean up the EQ and you will have an absolute belter.

I have liked most of your stuff so far :clap:

Seb Neitsa
20-04-2004, 08:07 AM
I'll try to remove this ****** hiss, and follow your advices even if I don't understand all :lol: THX GUYS, I never had so much detailed comments on a track :clap: ;)

Seb Neitsa
21-04-2004, 04:59 PM
I'll try to remove this ****** hiss, and follow your advices even if I don't understand all :lol: THX GUYS, I never had so much detailed comments on a track :clap: ;)

well, it's done, I tried to remove this, please tell me what do you think now ;)

mux
21-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Same URL as before?

Seb Neitsa
21-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Same URL as before?

yes same url :dontevengothere:

professor
21-04-2004, 08:08 PM
the highs are still hella harsh! nice programming though...nice and interesting little roller

Seb Neitsa
21-04-2004, 10:34 PM
the highs are still hella harsh! nice programming though...nice and interesting little roller

ok, I used to put a lot of highs in all my trax, I'll look at it later ;-), thx for your comment

Seb Neitsa
22-04-2004, 08:32 PM
I updated a last version, hope it's good now :twisted:

monotone
26-04-2004, 12:20 AM
damn, now this is techno.. great and pounding. Sounds
are great ! Really industrial. Nice bassdrum, altogether
it has a great drive, pounding !

Sounds added in the break are :shock: cool !

Another break added in the middle with the same sounds
as the first one will make it even more :twisted: though.

Mastering sounds OK 2

Great track !

Seb Neitsa
26-04-2004, 07:33 PM
damn, now this is techno.. great and pounding. Sounds
are great ! Really industrial. Nice bassdrum, altogether
it has a great drive, pounding !

Sounds added in the break are :shock: cool !

Another break added in the middle with the same sounds
as the first one will make it even more :twisted: though.

Mastering sounds OK 2

Great track !

thhhhhhhhhhx :dontevengothere:

278d7e64a374de26f==