PDA

View Full Version : billy nasty

subsonic
20-04-2004, 11:06 AM
has anybody seen him recently i havent seen him for time ;)

Si the Sigh
20-04-2004, 11:09 AM
He plays out of the UK loads now & is hardly here anymore. Last time I saw him play was about 4 years ago. He was awesome! Love his stuff on Tortured as well. Gets the thumbs up from me! :clap:

TechMouse
20-04-2004, 11:10 AM
He played at Firefly in Nottingham this weekend just gone.

Very good he was too.

Col
20-04-2004, 11:55 AM
last time i saw him was about 4 yrs ago too.

Col
20-04-2004, 11:57 AM
i havent bought or even listened to a tortured release for time. whats the name of his electro label? i forget. a few of the releases from that label have been quite good.

T
20-04-2004, 12:00 PM
i havent bought or even listened to a tortured release for time. whats the name of his electro label? i forget. a few of the releases from that label have been quite good.

Electrix

serox
20-04-2004, 12:00 PM
electrix?
some1 i know released on it or was going too...

gumpy green
20-04-2004, 01:30 PM
he did start a night up here in edinburgh........tortured but it went tits up, guest not showing up etc....

didnt really pull in the punters so it stopped.....i think that wouldve been the reason it stopped but dont quote me.

gumpy green
20-04-2004, 01:32 PM
fukin lack of edit---c mon get it back for forgetful cunts like me.

still got the "FIRST ever mix put on cd"....

its by him....

not listened to it for a while but i used to really enjoy it.....cant remember the name of it now tho, will need to dig it out.

basslinejunkie
20-04-2004, 01:38 PM
ive got a couple of his cds from 97,quality minimal techno :rambo: dunno what the name of them are,just know each cd is called lap 1 and lap 2.

Sunil
20-04-2004, 01:46 PM
ive got a couple of his cds from 97,quality minimal techno :rambo: dunno what the name of them are,just know each cd is called lap 1 and lap 2.

Race Data E.T.A is the name of the CD, it's released on Avex.

kirm
20-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I saw him at orbit in leeds about a year or 2 ago, he was pretty shit hot if i remeber rightly!

slimboy
20-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Good ambassador for UK techno but nowt special as a DJ.

loko
20-04-2004, 03:08 PM
definitely not a special dj AT ALL!went to see him at the winter party in dublin in october and his mixing was AWFUL!productions......i dunno many but he was poor poor very poor at that event!laurent garnier was unreal.....almost better than clarke that night if not WAS better!

The Overfiend
20-04-2004, 03:26 PM
The karma flage song wasnt bad neither was the label sometimes.

Esox Lucius
20-04-2004, 03:31 PM
fukin lack of edit---c mon get it back for forgetful cunts like me.

still got the "FIRST ever mix put on cd"....

its by him....

not listened to it for a while but i used to really enjoy it.....cant remember the name of it now tho, will need to dig it out.

was that the journeys by dj cd? the one with the dub by leftfield as the last track, great cd that.

Nasty isn't anything special as a dj, but I give him a lot of respect, he is one of the first techno dj's I seen at voodoo years back and properly got me into the techno sound...painkillers the spin off of tortured had some quality releases on it....electrix has aswell.

Frank Dogshit
20-04-2004, 07:00 PM
seen him quite a few times and he bores me to tears.

seems to play the same tunes everytime you see him,pontape vitalic and sunshine.

good party dj like but if your after something different i wouldnt bother watching him.

Esox Lucius
20-04-2004, 07:21 PM
he was much better a few years back.

Stuart
20-04-2004, 07:51 PM
yeah atomic jam last year

dan the acid man
20-04-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah hes done alot for techno but i havent heard him dj for a while now, i used to like him anyway

Capone
20-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Nothing personal against Nasty, but his dj-ing standards have dropped big time in the last few yrs. I've seen him a lot, and the last good set I heard him play was in '99, when he was excellent, but since, he has been average at best, anytine I have heard him at least. Like someone already said, he is still dead from playing 'Pontape' and 'Sunshine'....give it a ****ing rest in fairness.

MARKEG
21-04-2004, 01:34 AM
i say respect to nasty.

he's done alot for techno over the years. sure he's dropped back recently i think but you have ot repsect that he's still here, doing his thing....

drift9
21-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Saw him play out in NYC this last year for the first time. By no means the best DJ i've ever heard. But, in that case, not the worst, either. he kept a crowd used to the likes of Danny Tenaglia moving...

hmm... now that i think about it, not sure that's good or bad... :eh:

heavy beats
21-04-2004, 10:21 AM
we brought billy nasty down to houston in 2002. he was totally down to earth, all around nice guy, and knows how to get the crowd goin to some funky techno.

here's an interview we did on the radio. www.lockedgrooves.com/archives/ra/Billy_Nasty_Interview_03222002.ram

cheers
h.

heavy beats
21-04-2004, 10:23 AM
dont know why the link isnt working, but try this one.....
http://www.lockedgrooves.com/archives/ra/Billy_Nasty_Interview_03222002.rm

death on a stick
21-04-2004, 10:36 AM
very nice guy
very boring DJ
Tortured records - unadulterated garbage
Electrix records - some excellent releases

The Overfiend
21-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Saw him play out in NYC this last year for the first time. By no means the best DJ i've ever heard. But, in that case, not the worst, either. he kept a crowd used to the likes of Danny Tenaglia moving...

:lol: Was it a tronic event?

eyes without a face
21-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Billy is a wikid bloke and a solid Dj, fair enough he may not be pushing the boundaries musically/technically, but he always entertains and is always up for the party too!

MangaFish
21-04-2004, 10:29 PM
i've only seen him once (a few months back) and that was at slinky of all places :lol:

but he was bloody good i thought. alots of evil acid stuff going on. he was followed by petre foy (who i thought) played all the obvious stuff but billy just seemed to set the mood perfectly

DJMAYA
23-04-2004, 06:12 AM
ive seen him advertised playing Spgroove in Brazil in june.

LiamStyles
30-04-2004, 01:50 AM
I saw him play Shine in Belfast a while back and he rocked it. Although alot of Djs seem to play out of their skin when they visit shine :)

jake
30-04-2004, 06:49 AM
ive seen him play 3 times.. twice were decent but the 1st time blew my mind in 98.... nice guy too ;)

drift9
30-04-2004, 02:24 PM

:lol: Was it a tronic event?

Arc, actually :doh:

Maxima
30-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Top bloke!! Yeah DJ skills arent the best around but has huge resect from me due to the fact he has stuck to his roots all the way and still plays what he wants!!!!

I persoanly like his tracks he plays but would be better if he consantrated on his mixing more rather the skinning a fat one up!!

Bu Yeah Top bloke huge respect!! :love:

DJPAUZE
30-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Tortured older stuff was wicked,

Can't say too much about his current stuff, but props anyhow go to him!

Peace
Pauze :twisted:

Francisco Scaramanga
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
I've seen him a fair number of times, and he's always done it for me. The one time that will always stick in my head though, was years ago, I think it was in the Music Box in Manchester. He was mixing with a fat joint in his gob, and after finishing a mix, he took the needle off the wrong record. He sorted it out, then looked out at the crowd, pointed at the spliff, and shrugged his shoulders, which earned him a huge roar from the crowd. It was class, the cheer he got for ****ing up due to stonedness was probably as big as any of the cheers he got for mixing in a stomper really well, so fair play to him, not many can get away with that sort of thing so easily.

The Overfiend
01-05-2004, 02:51 PM
I've seen him a fair number of times, and he's always done it for me. The one time that will always stick in my head though, was years ago, I think it was in the Music Box in Manchester. He was mixing with a fat joint in his gob, and after finishing a mix, he took the needle off the wrong record. He sorted it out, then looked out at the crowd, pointed at the spliff, and shrugged his shoulders, which earned him a huge roar from the crowd. It was class, the cheer he got for **** up due to stonedness was probably as big as any of the cheers he got for mixing in a stomper really well, so fair play to him, not many can get away with that sort of thing so easily.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
class

DROID
02-05-2004, 02:10 PM
UK SLANG DA ONE :clap: :clap: :clap:

:cool: :rambo:

Swain
05-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Always loved his sets, seems to be crossing from funky to more bangin stuff & back again these days.

Respect the man :clap:

eyes without a face
05-05-2004, 11:14 AM
haha that sounds like Billy all over! wikid stuff, respect haha!

MangaFish
12-05-2004, 08:02 PM
I've seen him a fair number of times, and he's always done it for me. The one time that will always stick in my head though, was years ago, I think it was in the Music Box in Manchester. He was mixing with a fat joint in his gob, and after finishing a mix, he took the needle off the wrong record. He sorted it out, then looked out at the crowd, pointed at the spliff, and shrugged his shoulders, which earned him a huge roar from the crowd. It was class, the cheer he got for **** up due to stonedness was probably as big as any of the cheers he got for mixing in a stomper really well, so fair play to him, not many can get away with that sort of thing so easily.

hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
12-05-2004, 11:26 PM

Peace
u aint heard the new umek????

al la dark shiat!!!

duncandisorderly
13-05-2004, 03:46 PM

Peace
u aint heard the new umek????

al la dark shiat!!!

u know it billy ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==