PDA

View Full Version : Q: Whats your most valuable / rarest bit of vinyl?

Si the Sigh
20-04-2004, 01:18 PM
:eh:

Boboagogo
20-04-2004, 01:29 PM
not really sure if these are rare but drexciya - digital tsunami and surgeon - magneze are all i have worth mentioning..

Numeric
20-04-2004, 01:32 PM
I've got a friends copy of Megneze back at the manor, if it's worth somin he might not see it again...

:lol:

Si the Sigh
20-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Mine has to be Stay Up Forever 1 (paid £30 for it)

gumpy green
20-04-2004, 01:45 PM
maybe bizzare inc - playing with knives

djcp -insomniack rmx's

also got the first ever dirt style battle breaks record still sealed up.......

survivor -eye of the tiger.

old mozart record aswell - cant remember the name tho

Glenn wilson -heores 1 white label????????

slimboy
20-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Mills - Alarms (Sims rmx)
Mills - original Drama ep...anyone know what this might be worth?

gary_human
20-04-2004, 02:09 PM
What about two copies of the original Star Wars soundtrack double vinyl?

Routemaster 01 & New Wave of Acid Techo

2 copies of Artefact 001?

& loads of acid techno oldies that I paid £5 for each when i bought em :)

George Formby greatest hits - haha!!! :lol:

Si the Sigh
20-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I've got the A-Team theme tune on vinyl... :oops:

That could be worth something... :?:

death on a stick
20-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Drama goes for £25-40 on eBay. I have that.

I have quite a few rare/expensive bits.

Thoughts of Phutura on Axis (100 copies)
Alarms remixes on Axis (100 copies)
Ken Ishii remixes on Axis (100 copies)

all of which go for £80-150

Also -

Universal Indicator Green/Red/Blue/Yellow

All the original Caustic Window EPs (no longer have the popping candy from the 3rd one though...threw it away after it congealed).

Original pressing of Analogue Bubblebath 3 in the brown paper bag

Analogue Bubblebath 2 on Rabbit City (and in fact almost every other Aphex release pre-96).

Elecktroids - "Elektroworld" on Warp (£40-60)

Drexciya 3 on pink vinyl

S.I.D. # 6

3 or 4 Spiral Tribe bits

Objets D'Art on New Electronica

Most of these (except the Elecktroids and Objets D'Art which I got for £37 each and the SID which I got for about £20) I bought new for normal prices.

Boboagogo - Digital Tsunami is still easily available new.

Si the Sigh
20-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Almost paid £30 for Smitten LTD 5 on the net, but managed to find a copy in my mates loft & gave him £10 for it.

Francisco Scaramanga
20-04-2004, 02:38 PM
I have a totally mint copy of the Beatles White Album on vinyl that I have been told is worth a fair wedge of money, although I have never looked into it - it was given to me on condition I never sell it.

As far as techno goes, I once owned a copy of the original pressing of Jaguar, but it was stolen along with a number of other great tunes. I don't even know if it was worth anything more than what I paid (£10), but the thing that really pissed me off about it is some asshole smackhead probably sold it for 50p.

Numeric
20-04-2004, 02:50 PM
The Beatles were s**t...

;)

loko
20-04-2004, 03:04 PM
mills alarms...is that on kat moda ep??
kat moda-mills
new order-blue monday...single.....black sleeve limeted edition original from the 80s. was my brothers but i took it....dunno if he sold it!

Francisco Scaramanga
20-04-2004, 03:13 PM
I can't say I'm really a beatles fan myself, the record came with a huge chunk of old 60's/70's stuff that was given to me.

My friend has that black sleeve original copy of Blue Monday, and he was asking me if I had any idea what it was worth just two nights ago. He got it off Ebay for £5, then realized it was the real deal original pressing.

loko
20-04-2004, 03:14 PM
yeah its pretty fcukin valuable mate!how the hell did he get it for fiver?????my mate payed somethin like £1.80 irish pounds for it way back then lol!

loko
20-04-2004, 03:15 PM
sorry my brother!how the hell did i call my brother my mate!

Numeric
20-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Blue Monday = :love:

The Overfiend
20-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Laidback Luke Double Oh Msee Ep On Missle
U.t.f.o Roxanne Roxanne Original Vinyl
kurtis Blow If I ruled the World
Chris McCormack Remix On Geushky

Not about dollar worth it's about how much it's worth to me.
And Si I want that A-team record!!!

Si the Sigh
20-04-2004, 03:29 PM
It's your for £5 (inc P&P) :lol:

death on a stick
20-04-2004, 03:46 PM
kat moda-mills
new order-blue monday...single.....black sleeve limeted edition original from the 80s. was my brothers but i took it....dunno if he sold it!
Kat Moda is one of the most commonly owned techno records there is, it's worth about £2 second hand and can be bought new at HMV - hardly rare or expensive. the alarms listed above is the white label only 1200 copies issue of the Ben Sims remixes on Axis.

regarding the White Album - there are many different pressings and some are worth hundreds of £££, others worth £10. It really depends on exactly what you have and to determine that you'd have to get it checked and valued by a pro.

death on a stick
20-04-2004, 03:47 PM
kat moda-mills
Kat Moda is one of the most commonly owned techno records there is, it's worth about £2 second hand and can be bought new at HMV - hardly rare or expensive. the alarms listed above is the white label only 1200 copies issue of the Ben Sims remixes on Axis.
whoops. that should have been 100 copies, not 1200!!

loko
20-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Laidback Luke Double Oh Msee Ep On Missle
U.t.f.o Roxanne Roxanne Original Vinyl
kurtis Blow If I ruled the World
Chris McCormack Remix On Geushky

Not about dollar worth it's about how much it's worth to me.
And Si I want that A-team record!!!

i think sir here hit the nail on the head there!its of value to me!!!!!!!and its one of my prized possessions seein its been around since 97 and i only got it 2 years ago!

dirty_bass
20-04-2004, 04:45 PM
My original vinyl of Replicas, by the Tubeway Army. the beginings of elctronica in the uk.
Gary Numan rules

SlavikSvensk
20-04-2004, 04:55 PM
steve tang--emphasis 02. never heard of him? well, another member of this board tells me he's alan oldham's sister's boyfriend. this sounds sort of like kenny larkin dropped some acid that made him think he was maurizio.

scienceofuse
20-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Hm, dunno if it's that rare, but I own an X Trax 30 picLP by Misjah (with tracks co-produced by DJ Tim and Umek)... Never seen it anywhere else...

new
20-04-2004, 05:43 PM
I dont know what its worth, or how rare it is, but I imagine its hard to come by. I got a copy of +8PR01. Its got 4 tracks on it: F.U.S.E. "F.U.", Texas Audio "Assassin", and Groove Sector "No Restrictions" and "Release the Energy". Its in mint condition too. It seems to have one side as a +8 side, the other as Hi-Bias Records, whom I've never heard of. Anyone tell me about how rare this is?

messyfuture
20-04-2004, 06:08 PM
i have the Warriors soundtrack to the film on promo........

i stole it off my dad, he had a whole bunch of his old records in the roof space.

loads of mad stuff from the seventies, i should really look to see if any of them are worth any money

Esox Lucius
20-04-2004, 06:18 PM
My original vinyl of Replicas, by the Tubeway Army. the beginings of elctronica in the uk.
Gary Numan rules

great album that, our friends electroic is an amazing track.

Patrick
20-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I dont know what its worth, or how rare it is, but I imagine its hard to come by. I got a copy of +8PR01. Its got 4 tracks on it: F.U.S.E. "F.U.", Texas Audio "Assassin", and Groove Sector "No Restrictions" and "Release the Energy". Its in mint condition too. It seems to have one side as a +8 side, the other as Hi-Bias Records, whom I've never heard of. Anyone tell me about how rare this is?

http://www.discogs.com/release/15346

It's hard to tell from the notes if they mean it was limited to 100 copies, or if they mean 100 copies were a 1-sided release. Either way I'd guess you've got yourself a rarity there - it doesn't show up on Gemm or Musicstack.

bod
20-04-2004, 06:43 PM
alarms- sims remixes- signed by jeff mills (and soon to be signed by sims and all!) its going to be my kids college fund! :lol:
dave clark- red 3 promo, bought for 3 quid from HMV!

and a my personal favourite, although not rare or valuble is a copy of Surgeon Body Request that he signed for me. brings back happy memories of a great night when we taught Glasgow a thing or two about techno! :rambo:

The Overfiend
20-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Hm, dunno if it's that rare, but I own an X Trax 30 picLP by Misjah (with tracks co-produced by DJ Tim and Umek)... Never seen it anywhere else...

The one with the Pothole Cover onnit.

kai_1
20-04-2004, 07:56 PM
I've just sold a copy of the Artefact 1 are you jackin? pic disc for £45....
Had a copy anyway and managed to pick up a second for £3...

Got a whole list of Hard House/Trance which I'm auctioning on Banging Tunes loads of early Tinribs/Tripolis/TidyTrax/ etc from the 90's that seem to be going for some crazy money!

Any of you guys be interested in these??? :lol:

one
20-04-2004, 08:07 PM
the can - monster movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha

anx
20-04-2004, 08:34 PM
cluster #1, cluster #5, heck i own all the clusters minus 2 of them, winx dont laugh 2000 (picotto mix), lots of other oooold school acid techno.

probably about 30 smitten records cause everything on that lable is now rare...

old boscaland records

powertools #1

can you tell i started collecting acid techno first??

jibberish
20-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Can - Limited Edition
Cluster 2 - What is Soul?

jibberish
20-04-2004, 08:41 PM
dunno... are Pounding Grooves #1 or Hydraulix #1 worth dollar?

Dustin Zahn
20-04-2004, 08:53 PM
I've got a white label of an Attack People record we did. There are only 20 in the world and only Ian and I, our friends, and the top DJs got copies. It's not worth a damn dime though, and the tracks are lame (Tioneb will disagree)...but it's rare. :lol:

anx
20-04-2004, 08:54 PM
dunno... are Pounding Grooves #1 or Hydraulix #1 worth dollar?

hydro 1 u might be able to get a good amount for
pounding grooves 1 just got repressed tho

dan the acid man
20-04-2004, 09:02 PM
sorry to sound corny but most of the vinyl i own is valuable and priceless to me :oops:

xfive
20-04-2004, 09:31 PM
I've got the original Meat Beat Manifesto - Storm the Studio double pack.. from '89
I found it for $3 in a used shop.. I know it's gotta be worth more than that though :)

g
20-04-2004, 09:51 PM
things that come to mind...

Claude Young - Thoughts of Phutura (Axis)
Laurent Garnier - Crispy Bacon (Jeff Mills mix)
Circuit Breaker - Overkill (pro02)
Circuit Breaker - The End (pro30)
Cybersonik - Technarchy (plus8003)
Fuse - Substance Abuse (plus8013)
Plastikman - Spaz (plus8032) 1-sided original mastering
1995 I Feel Love mystery chicago white label w/ b-side Pulp Fiction Ezekial speech
First pressings of Transmat 1-10
User 1-2,674

tioneb
20-04-2004, 10:21 PM
hahah i own magneze and user 2 .. but they can be found really easily ehre for a regular record price =))

i could prostitute myself to get the drama ep and the alarms rmx

the the rare records i own..

laurent garnier - crispy bacon (mills mix) (500 ltd) .. well that shouldnt count, that was repressed on a compilation
blueprint 4 (told to be 250 ltd but im not sure)
laurent garnier - club traxx vol 2 (500)
ben sims - hardgroove project (oh, it got repressed !)

all that sounds gay compared to a mate in the city who has all the f communication issued since the beggining, the drama ep (of course) but also axis 3 (inner sanctum)
last week he showed me some original green velvet pressings on releif... green coloured inyl of "flash" , followed by the 2LP green coloured "flash remixes" (inclu dj sneak, dj rush etc)
and i guess he has 100 more records taht can sell over £50 .. ****ing crazy ! =)

PS : Dustin, yeah you even havent sent me this abiotic 01

g
20-04-2004, 10:25 PM
last week he showed me some original green velvet pressings on releif... green coloured inyl of "flash" , followed by the 2LP green coloured "flash remixes" (inclu dj sneak, dj rush etc)
oh yeah, i have all that relief stuff too... i love those flash remixes
and i'm pretty sure every early surgeon record
so there blah blah blah :lol: :rambo:

maily
21-04-2004, 12:59 AM
i got radiohead-idioteque on vinyl, only paid a fiver for it, didnt realise how limited that was at the time, it goes for some crazy prices now.

also got dave clarke - southside (blue vinyl promo with reaction sheet) this has got the surgeon remix of the storm on it, dont know what it is worth but it is absolutely priceless to me.

beastie boys - girls on 7inch, pure quality :lol: :lol:

SlavikSvensk
21-04-2004, 01:11 AM

i stole it off my dad, he had a whole bunch of his old records in the roof space.

loads of mad stuff from the seventies, i should really look to see if any of them are worth any money

HOLY F***ING SH*T! that is the best movie ever!

does it have lines from the film as well????

crime
21-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Surgeon - THX 1138 : only 50 copies in existance
Death "The High Costs of living" (Trope 10) silver picture disc
Neil Landstrumm "Inhabit the machines" (Peacefrog)

MARKEG
21-04-2004, 01:24 AM
my most valuable bit of vinyl? that's like asking me to name my favourtie track in the last 20 yrs. it's impossible.

but what i will say is one of my most prized possesions is a streetsounds box set called the history of house or something like that.

GAMMA303
21-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Not sure if there worth anything but to me but some of my Valuables are:

Reactivate 1 :Belgian Techno Anthems :shock:
Smitten Ltd 01-10 :twisted:
Almost all the Nooms :roll:
4x4x9 (a must have, and might be my fav of all time) :cool:
Pibert - First Man on the Moon :rambo:

Some of my favs whether they are valuable i don't know

death on a stick
21-04-2004, 10:24 AM
all that sounds gay compared to a mate in the city who has all the f communication issued since the beggining, the drama ep (of course) but also axis 3 (inner sanctum)
"Inner Sanctum" can be picked up for about £5 in second hand stores. We've got a couple of copies at home, and I'm sure it's currently sitting in Reckless records in Soho (where I got my copy).

Si the Sigh
21-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Smitten Ltd 01-10

Costs a fair amout to get hold of these 2nd hand from the net. Seen SMT LTD 5 & SMTLTD 10 going for £35 each before... :shock:

aggressor
21-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Kraftwerk - 12" Box Set with T-shirt worth £500.00
cybotron - Technocity on 1 sided promo worth -+ £100.00
Various Aphex Twin Rarities in the £40.00 area
other bits and pieces worth around £30.00 to £50.00

aggressor
21-04-2004, 11:47 AM
alot of what is perceived as being rare or worth summit is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Much of the Detroit back catalogue is still in press so has a "new price " value. But saying this early Transmat pressings are worth more than the re-pressings but only to Trainspotters who must have the original :P

anx
21-04-2004, 04:56 PM
I've just sold a copy of the Artefact 1 are you jackin? pic disc for £45....

are you ****ing serious??? i have a copy of that i'd sell it for half of that!

tioneb
21-04-2004, 06:30 PM
hahaha i think the most valuable is the music on the records rtaher than the way the record has been released

otherwise whitelabels would be more expansive then final reelase =)

i forgot to mention that i have the fokus rewords (adam beyer & carole) on ante-zenit ... this record has only been released as promo as far as i know .. two of the tracks got released on "fusion frane"...

CHUCK-E
21-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Is the originol pressing of feel the panic on rabbit city records worth much?

:?:

DELTA9MDA
23-04-2004, 09:46 PM
signed promo and finished copies of the punish lp, given to me by the man, glenn wilson.

schlongfingers
24-04-2004, 12:19 AM
Picked up a test press of Circuitry Control by DJ Sneak which seems to be quite rare for under a fiver

Also The Source feat Candi Staton for 50p from a car boot goes for a bit

Tricky Disco on Warp found for 50p as well, mint condition - pity it is a bag of shite.

schlongfingers
24-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Disco on Warp found for 50p as well, mint condition - pity it is a bag of shite.

Ha just seen it going on ebay for 6p :oops: lost 44p on that!!

Ah also got the McCormack mix of AK47 which is quite in demand, and is wicked!

schlongfingers
24-04-2004, 12:25 AM

HOLY F***ING SH*T! that is the best movie ever!

does it have lines from the film as well????

That is a ****in brilliant film - get ready for the revival later this year, Rockstar games have licenced it for a game due out in Autumn - can't wait to do the basebaall bat on skates bit!! :rambo:

Paul Nisbet
24-04-2004, 10:33 AM
not sure, picked up a copy of Erase Techno tho for 3 bucks...

not sure if thats worth anything.

Got some valuable trance stuff... not so sure on the tech tho...

Rog
01-05-2004, 12:06 AM
i'd say its desolate 1 - priceless to me - however its easy to find! ;)

The most i paid for a chewn was a zen terrorist acid trance monster £25.. dooo no it wasn't lol it was £30 for ef@drine no 1 to complete the set.. sad i know! :!:

Daire
01-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Not sure what these are worth, don't even know if some of them are worth anything to be honest. Though I do know there are a few rare ones. All are original pressings.

Immersion - Purge - Smitten
Carl Cox - F.A.C.T 1(x3 Green 12") - React
Chris Liebing - #7 - Fine Audio Recordings
Chris Liebing - #7remixes - Fine Audio Recordings
Chris Liebing - #11 - Fine Audio Recordings
Jeff Mills - Wafeform Transmissions Vol.1 - Tresor
Jeff Mills - Wafeform Transmissions Vol.3 - Tresor
Pump Panel - Confusion – FFRR
The Pump Panel – Confusion – white label
Damon Wild & Tim Taylor – Bag The Acid – Synewave
A&E Dept. – Experiment 4 – Stay up Forever
DDR – The Gift – Smitten Ltd
Balloonheads – Jaw 2 The Floor – Smitten
Trapeze Artists – Barstow – COSHH
Creeper – Undulator 23 – Cluster
Lochi – London Acid City – Stay up Forever Remix (x2 copies)
A&E Dept. – The Rabbits Name Was… - Stay up Forever
Pete Skank – Stay in Bed Forever – CiD Records
Aretfact – Are You Jackin’? – Artefact
2 Bald Men – Acid Phonk – Experience 2000
Liberator DJs - It’s F**cking ‘Avin it 2 – Truelove (x2 copies)
DJ Hell - My Definition of House Music - R&S Records
Second Phase - Mentasm - R&S Records
Joey Beltram - Energy Flash - R&S Records
Joey Beltram - Forklift (Luke Slater Mix) - Novamute
The Dust Brothers (aka The Chemical Brothets) - Chemical Beats - Jumior Boys Own :love:
Digital Destroyer – Frontier – Cluster
Intellect 3000 – Squid – Smitten
Humanoid – Stakker Humanoid – Jumpin’ & Pumpin’
DAVE The Drummer - #2 – Hydraulix
Kris Needs & DAVE The Drummer – Mad Cow on Acid (Rozzers Dog Mix) – Smitten Remix
Dave Clarke – Red 2 – Bush
Punk Floyd – Can’t Breath – Smitten
Lochi – New Wave of Acid Techno – Routemaster
Kektex – inner City Junkies – Routemaster
Kektex – Two Lines of K… - Routmaster

I have a few more old Smitten, Routemaster etc. Im just to lazy to type them all up. :roll:

Daire
01-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Thoughts of Phutura on Axis (100 copies)
Alarms remixes on Axis (100 copies)
Ken Ishii remixes on Axis (100 copies)
Universal Indicator Green/Red/Blue/Yellow
All the original Caustic Window EPs (no longer have the popping candy from the 3rd one though...threw it away after it congealed).
Original pressing of Analogue Bubblebath 3 in the brown paper bag
Analogue Bubblebath 2 on Rabbit City (and in fact almost every other Aphex release pre-96).
Elecktroids - "Elektroworld" on Warp (£40-60)
Drexciya 3 on pink vinyl

:clap: :love: :clap: :love:

paper
02-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Pacman powerpill original release limited edition i belive is worth a fair few pennies. powerpill is one of (richard d james) aphex twins aliasis. Is the obects d'art actually a rareity? i'll check that out i have both cd and vinyl. Hardfloor sensei is knocking about somewhere. Not sure who's pinched that but i'll get it back!!! A few of the hawtin concepts and some of the mike dread universal indicators.

romelpotter
02-05-2004, 07:30 PM
some of the stuff i have is

Axis 6 drama ep the one with suspence on
Dave Clarke Befoe I was ....... interupted Icrunch
Strings of Life Transmat 1987
The Shadow the lurking shadow ep
Traxmen wetfloor (basement traxx) on Dance Mania
Basement Records no 22 Kev Bird nWax doc part 2
Moby The ultimate Go (Black Label)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tioneb
04-05-2004, 06:16 PM
i bought "the advent - eements of life" 4LP for 42 € today :shock:

Si the Sigh
13-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Ok, I forked out £25 for Smitten 1 & I am about to fork out £20 for Stay Up Forever 2... :neutral:

davethedrummer
13-05-2004, 12:00 PM
ultravox/ the voice 7" on clear vinyl anyone?????

oh dear!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :doh:

dan the acid man
13-05-2004, 12:28 PM
ultravox/ the voice 7" on clear vinyl anyone?????

oh dear!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :doh:

ultravox, i remember them :oops:

Buttman
13-05-2004, 12:30 PM
The one I paid most for:
Liaisons Dangereuses - Liaisons Dangereuses

The one that took me longest to find:
Joey Beltram - Caliber
(And now it is repressed! doh! ;) )

death on a stick
13-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Is the obects d'art actually a rareity? i'll check that out i have both cd and vinyl.
I'll buy the vinyl off you for £35 if it's in very good condition. My copy is a bit battered.

Liaisons Dangereuses - Liaisons Dangereuses
Is this not still available new? I'm sure I saw it on a recent sale list from a distro.

basslinejunkie
13-05-2004, 08:22 PM
doubt these are particually valubale,but they took me ages 2 get hold of :-

dysrexcia-aquatic invasion/the countdown has begun-u.r (cheers agressor :cool: )

dave clarke -red 3

johness hiel rmx of when i rock (spelling!! :shock: )

plus there are loads that id love 2 get my hands on which i dont know the names of unfortunately.

278d7e64a374de26f==