PDA

View Full Version : Double Jeopardy

The Overfiend
20-04-2004, 02:35 PM
What ya think? Hard?
http://fileserv1.soundclick.com/fastg9/HiD/drumbuster+antoniolugomethodsofintimidationpartone .mp3

or Tribal?
http://fileserv4.soundclick.com/fastg9/HiF/drumbuster+antoniolugobastardizedcontentssnippet.m p3

dirty_bass
20-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Well to me, the tribal sounds harder, and more "antonio-ish" than the hard. both are good.
But in for face percussion is you forte and the tribal version is like having bongo`s dropped on your face, so I`d go with that.
Kick is distorted though.

Jimfish
20-04-2004, 03:35 PM
yeah id say the tribal - although the hard sounds more rounded and complete.. id work on getting a phat and funky b-line into the funky mix myself - that percussion is heavy..
perhaps a smoother kick as dirty said..

dan the acid man
20-04-2004, 09:52 PM
i like the both of these, i love the rolling reverberated percussion in the hard one, but the tribal definetly has more energy to it, and as dirty says the percussion knocks your teeth out

The Overfiend
22-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Wowsers, it's weird because I want my sound to reflect that I am into all aspects, from hard to tribal tech.

benced
22-04-2004, 04:47 PM
great work man... i like both snippets a lot! :clap:

Slink
22-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Nice stuff - I particularly like th epart in the hard mix when the sharp open hat loop comes in around 1:40, really drives things forward - why don't you try incorporating the tribal loop into the hard mix, as a drum break that the track could drop into after it has had a period of intensity i.e. let it roll over into the tribal break which could filter down or something before bringing everything back in over it? mmm, tribal and hard!

Or you could tell me to shut up and to stop interfering, either's fine with me ;) .........

The Overfiend
22-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Or I can say damn good idea except Ill do a break speciallized for the particular track good call mate!

dan the acid man
22-04-2004, 10:24 PM
it sounds like it could work to me, i look forward to hearing the results antonio

dirty_bass
22-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah, get on tha kob big guy, you know it makes sense

Col
27-04-2004, 09:51 PM
i prefer the hard mix. serious dancefloor material. lots of energy, like the vocal, love the percussion. i would snap this up if availible on release. get this finished bro. :clap:

and dont forget to keep that god damn head up!

MangaFish
28-04-2004, 10:42 PM
i prefer the harder version - but thats just because thats more the style i play.

i'm curious why the kick is harder in the tribal than in the hard mix ;)
also the sample that comes in @ 1:38 is a bit quiet considering its being used as a hook to the break. altho its at the right levels afterwards.

i'm not a producer though so yell if i'm way off the mark :oops:

good work there tho

The Overfiend
04-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Or I can say damn good idea except Ill do a break speciallized for the particular track good call mate!

http://fileserv5.soundclick.com/fastg9/HiF/drumbuster+intimidationreedited.mp3

Reworked.......

Col
04-05-2004, 11:17 PM
sounding very good. shit hot dancefloor material, really liking the change of direction on the breaks, again lots of quality & energy. im not too sure abouty the doubling up of the kicks though. i think you should just have the one.

on the mixing side of things you are making vast improvements, everything seemed to be perfect (although im no expert) i think its almost time to start getting some demos out man, ive been really impressed with your tracks of late.

keep em coming ant.

dan the acid man
06-05-2004, 10:04 PM
iv'e been looking forward to hearing this, and it didnt dissapoint,
excellent stuff, really nice production, great kickdrum, lovely arrangement, this is top stuff,
on a personal note i would have maybe put in some random synth's or strange samples or something in some of the breaks but thats my personal style, as it is now, i would still run out and buy this as soon as it hit the shops,
nice work antonio :dance:

oh and sorry it took a while for me to listen :oops:

dirty_bass
06-05-2004, 11:18 PM
This rocks mate

this guy is really up against it, in terms of equipment. What he achieves is really phenominal.

If he gets himself in a proper studio, you all better watch out :twisted:

ampassasinbirmingham
07-05-2004, 05:14 PM
props for dis one:)

278d7e64a374de26f==