PDA

View Full Version : Sven de wit

loko
20-04-2004, 03:05 PM
has he got any IRISH DATES coming up?i liken his productions to glenn wilson and hes also avery good dj!
i think he would be a great coup for somewhere like the shelter, electric city, TBMC!any opinions?

Sunil
20-04-2004, 04:55 PM
has he got any IRISH DATES coming up?i liken his productions to glenn wilson and hes also avery good dj!
i think he would be a great coup for somewhere like the shelter, electric city, TBMC!any opinions?

Think it could be Sven Wittekind you are talking about? Places like The Shelter and TBMC charge hefty rent for one off nights which is a big deterrent for promoters who may like to book him, unfortunately he doesn't have the profile yet to fill these kind of venues. I'll look into it though, maybe with a little push someone may book him but to be honest the harder and faster approach of his productions isn't where many promoters here want to go with their nights.

loko
20-04-2004, 08:31 PM
sorry i meant to say vincent de wit!his first strike ep is fairly good!similar to glenn wilson and wittekind!jus heard a set he palyed at dial t for techno!
sure while your at it look into sven wittekind aswel sunil!good luck tonight up in the hub. sorry cant make it!

Sunil
20-04-2004, 09:02 PM
sorry i meant to say vincent de wit!his first strike ep is fairly good!similar to glenn wilson and wittekind!jus heard a set he palyed at dial t for techno!
sure while your at it look into sven wittekind aswel sunil!good luck tonight up in the hub. sorry cant make it!

Ah Vincent De Wit! wasn't so sure there, yeah I'd love to see him play, wicked producer.. but again, not very well known here.

Cheers yeah, The Hub can be ok, was easier to get an atmosphere going in the Switch days before the renovations although they seem to have sorted the decks on the stage in there now which makes it better for playing and the general buzz for punters, as opposed to being stuck over in the corner behind a pillar! we'll see how it goes...

loko
21-04-2004, 09:40 AM
well your one of the lucky ones with gigs. i was told id be well able to get a gig in there after i played at a party a couple of weeks ago. turns out all slots are booked up for tuesday nites until it ends in june!!the prmoters GIRLFRIEND said hed definitely get me to play seeing the promoter himself had passed out asleep in a corner at the party!but i cant record onto cds and tape doesnt bode well for trying to get a gig!but playin live i would have thought would have been better than both!
somewhere like electric city would get a good crowd for him would they not?i see your point about not being well heard of as the crowd for jel ford up in the shelter was VERY poor at the start of the month!

loko
21-04-2004, 09:41 AM
even someone like jel ford struggles to pull a crowd!

278d7e64a374de26f==