PDA

View Full Version : Joris Voorn

Dustin Zahn
20-04-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure if anything was posted of him before...what do you guys think? Personally I think he's one of NL's hottest upcoming artists. His SA001 record was excellent, as was Sino 9 and the upcoming Sino 10 is also solid. I also heard he's doing some stuff for Kanzleramt soon as well.

Sunil
20-04-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure if anything was posted of him before...what do you guys think? Personally I think he's one of NL's hottest upcoming artists. His SA001 record was excellent, as was Sino 9 and the upcoming Sino 10 is also solid. I also heard he's doing some stuff for Kanzleramt soon as well.

He also did a remix for Heroes X I believe, I wonder is there any Compound or Planet Rhythm EPs on the way from him.. or a track on a Punish All Stars? :lol:

tioneb
20-04-2004, 10:10 PM
him and dave ellesmere are actually the artists in who i put all my hope for the next years

its been over one year that i have so much big hope in them (well of coures i know ellesmere has been into music since several decades) ... and they are both from NL !!

Dustin Zahn
20-04-2004, 10:15 PM

He also did a remix for Heroes X I believe, I wonder is there any Compound or Planet Rhythm EPs on the way from him.. or a track on a Punish All Stars? :lol:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Kowalski under his disx3 disguise?

dtl
20-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Just bought SA001 over the weekend after re-listening the b-side... Oh dear, two funky bass warped stormpers.... His live PA I saw two months ago was a bit dull at the start, did pick up with some thumping numbers tho...

He is playing at Awakenings Festi too, which I so look forward to.

Eric.

Sunil
20-04-2004, 11:03 PM

Are you sure you're not thinking of Kowalski under his disx3 disguise?

oops, it wasn't Heroes, was Patterns.. my mistake. I thought it was an odd one for him to appear on, it was an electro track if I remember correctly, this one http://www.discogs.com/release/168213

scienceofuse
21-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Joris rocks! The Sino stuff is great, my kind of music. I'd like to hear more from him though - has anybody heard him live? I actually like a lot of the music coming from the Netherlands, the EC label has had many fine releases, for example. And of course Steve Rachmad is also from Amsterdam, and he's a mighty fine producer, I totally dig his Ignacio stuff and his "old skool" stuff (think "Thera" on 100% Pure) is excellent too...

Then there's DJAX-UP, Michel De Hey, Secret Cinema, Misjah, Jeroen etc.
There must be something in the water...

stefano1981
21-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Saw a live set of his when he played in Dublin and really enjoyed it.

278d7e64a374de26f==