PDA

View Full Version : The Music Maker

teknorich
21-04-2004, 07:22 AM
I've got a few old Helter Skelter Technodrome tape packs, and most of them have a tape mixed by the Music Maker. Who the hell was this guy?! No offence to the man, or any fans of his, but he couldn't mix to save his life. All the mixes have major train track style mixing, with really sloppy beatmatching, and then suddenly go off on an ambient, Jean Michel jarre style trip, before kicking back in with something far too hard that just sounds wrong. Was he some kind of unknown warm-up DJ? I never ever saw his name on line-ups except at helter Skelter. My one (dubious?) credit to the geezer - one of his mixes has the fastest track I've ever heard!!

Numeric
21-04-2004, 09:28 AM
:lol:

Good old Music Maker...

Yeah, his mixing was awful, yeah, he played classical and Jean Michelle Jarre in the middle of his speedcore sets, and yeah, he had a mohican...

You have to laugh though...

;)

Si the Sigh
21-04-2004, 09:34 AM
And he wore a mental mirror suit a few times & had lasers fired onto him. Saw him jumping a buzz saw lighting effect like a computer game character on top of the lockers in Rollers once at Skelter. Proper madness! Gash DJ, though he did play some crazy tunes! Shame he felt the need to chuck effects saying his name over & over again over his sets.

Numeric
21-04-2004, 09:50 AM
'The Music Maker - The Mu - The Mu - The Music Maker'

Classic...

Si the Sigh
21-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Aargh! Turn the bloody samples off! PLEASE! :headache:

Numeric
21-04-2004, 11:44 AM

G-whizz
21-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah his name was owen I think ! met him once at the Drome (now se1) at a night called dromes own.
He`s a realy nice guy I think he was playing some techno but it wasn`t long before we got him playing Gabba!
and yes he was still sticking the music maker samples over the top but not as much and only on the techno.
bloody good night that was too :clap:

Esox Lucius
21-04-2004, 12:40 PM
hehe the music maker, now there's a blast from the past :lol: his mxing was awful but he played some right nasty speedcore, that music maker sample that he used over near enough every track was awful....not a patch on lofty and hms, who where technically just as bad but played some blinding music.

Numeric
21-04-2004, 01:06 PM
hehe the music maker, now there's a blast from the past :lol: his mxing was awful but he played some right nasty speedcore, that music maker sample that he used over near enough every track was awful....not a patch on lofty and hms, who where technically just as bad but played some blinding music.

In the early days Lofty and HMS were technically quite competant...

T
21-04-2004, 01:26 PM
I remember he always played some track that sampled the omen soundtrack

basslinejunkie
21-04-2004, 02:18 PM
he couldnt mix 2 save his life,but that in a way added 2 the madness of his sets.he did play sum f*ckin bliding tunes though,land of gabba was an still is my fave ever hardcore track :rambo:

Numeric
21-04-2004, 05:27 PM
He's got one side in the Helter Skelter Anthology 97 tape pack...

The mix is actualy quite good, he starts with the crazy, cheesy movie theme music, then we get the infamous 'Music Maker' samples, then it's nothing but the hardest and best speedcore until the end where we are treated to Jean Michelle Jarre, and then Operation Nordcore to finish...

The best set i've heard from him...

The Divide
21-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Chatted with him a few times when I was a young un. He came across as a very approachable and very nice guy. See him play a few times and I didn’t think it was that bad to be honest. Wo gives a shit when you in the middle of the technodrome surrounded by loadsa nutters jumping all over the place. Its all part of been an angry teenager :lol:

G-whizz
22-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Chatted with him a few times when I was a young un. He came across as a very approachable and very nice guy. See him play a few times and I didn’t think it was that bad to be honest. Wo gives a shit when you in the middle of the technodrome surrounded by loadsa nutters jumping all over the place. Its all part of been an angry teenager :lol:

Now your talking mate !

I had some wicked times in the technodrome :twisted:

The Divide
22-04-2004, 12:54 PM

Now your talking mate !

I had some wicked times in the technodrome :twisted:

****in good times!!!!

Si the Sigh
22-04-2004, 01:41 PM
All hail the legendary Technodrome! :notworthy:

Jack
23-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Yep his name is owen met him the other day at a friends. Nice bloke but yep some of them old skelter tapes are sketchy.
Technodrome was wicked :lol:

Numeric
23-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Too right...

The Technodrome!!

:clap:

serox
23-04-2004, 10:31 AM
yeh think after mark some people just wanted to see how crazy they could be

musik maker, h h h hms, loftgroover all use to play as fast as possible. sounded horrible. i would only go helta for mark and m zone. rem those damn 4/5 hour Q's

FFS!

Numeric
23-04-2004, 10:37 AM
The Technodrome was all about hardcore techno and speedcore in my opinion...

The trance and techno was just a bonus...

Si the Sigh
23-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Yup! :rambo:

Esox Lucius
23-04-2004, 12:04 PM
The Technodrome was all about hardcore techno and speedcore in my opinion...

The trance and techno was just a bonus...

without doubt, it was all about the speedcore & hardcore for me....never ventured out the technodrome, only once to see the rat pack.

paranoid666
23-04-2004, 02:34 PM
the technodrome had to be the hottest place on earth.You could hardlys breathe in there

Jimfish
23-04-2004, 03:01 PM
man, thats the only place ive ever been where i can still hear the rave ringing in my ears the next wednesday.. :rambo:

The Divide
23-04-2004, 03:08 PM
man, thats the only place ive ever been where i can still hear the rave ringing in my ears the next wednesday.. :rambo:

Those ****in horn and whistle blowers did my head in tho :lol:

T
23-04-2004, 04:51 PM
yep all the gabba got a bit too much for me, I used to go there to hear the likes of Dave Angel/Colin Favor /Dale /mark Eg. Some fine first techno experiences there!
Was lucky to get out of there alive one time though, 2 of the industrial heaters broke down so as you can imagibe by 5 am with the Producer playing it was like nuclear meltdown.

T
23-04-2004, 04:51 PM
meant fans not heaters :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==