PDA

View Full Version : ever been to tresor berlin?

gunjack
20-02-2003, 04:24 PM
what is the downstairs of the club like :?:

krakp0t
20-02-2003, 07:45 PM
u a day late an a dolla short gummo. tresor berlin club is gone.

http://www.technotourist.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid= 237

was kool back in the day though :cry:

saki nzyme
21-02-2003, 12:31 AM
ive got sum wicked sets from there, i think the luke slater one is the best

JACKSTAR
21-02-2003, 12:47 AM
I have had the pleasure of DJing there twice and I loved it not because it was great sounding because the sound ain't that great but because the whole TRESOR legend and feeling you got from being there was wicked. I played both times in the downstairs room which for me was the better room and the whole dark & damp atmosphere was electric. I do believe it's closing this month because the owner of the land it's on has sold it to a property developer who's gonna build loads of apartments as the area is very up and coming.

P.

gunjack
21-02-2003, 03:43 AM
u a day late an a dolla short gummo. tresor berlin club is gone.

http://www.technotourist.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid= 237

was kool back in the day though :cry:

demnd kraka. YOU are a day late and about 20 friggin dollars short because gunny is playing at the tresor on march 26th, CONFIRMED. as far as those closure rumors are concerned:

taken from tresorberlin.de:
Naturally we want to keep you informed about the latest developments concerning the closing of Tresor Club. Here`s the facts:

Late-Autumn 2002: we received the annual lease extension from the property owner of Tresor Club, but with it also came the notice that the our rental agreement would be terminating on January 25, 2003.

Understandably, our enthusiasm was at a collective low point so we prepared our co-workers and artists to be able to get along without Tresor Club soon. We also informed the press and you as well.

Late-November: While we were busy booking the final parties for January, we got the good news that the dates for the planned development ofthe area involving Potsdamer Platz and Tresor Club was to be delayed! Thus our lease has been extended until May 31, 2003.

So if the date for the planned development of the land should get put back again, our very cooperative landlord stated that we will be able to stay longer. As soon as we get any new information, we will pass it on to you. Until then - cross your fingers!

@jackstar - does it really hold 400 ppl?

thanx

gunjack
21-02-2003, 04:21 AM
yo pete, maybe you should stop listening to technotourist so much, wasn't that where you heard there would be no DEMF this year? :oops:

krakp0t
21-02-2003, 03:57 PM
nah, that was carol marvin.

gunjack
22-02-2003, 04:13 AM
d'oh!

Patrick
25-02-2003, 01:24 PM
:cry:
Absolutely gutted to hear Tresor is closing.
Managed to go there a couple of times a few years back and I agree with Jackstar - the downstairs room was better for atmosphere, if not for sound. Really nice 'n' dark 'n' sinister. I loved the way they'd left some of the security bars and safety deposit boxes in place from when it used to be a vault.
There weren't any names playing on the nights I was there, just the Tresor residents and they ripped it up every time. Absolutely stormin'
The other great thing about the place back then was it was in the middle of a huge building site so I was able to park my van in the car park across the street and just stagger out in the morning and crash out for the day on their doorstep. Quality.
The upstairs room maybe sounded and looked better, but was a little bit 'posier' and not as much laugh. I think it used to be called Globus upstairs. Although, on the other hand, I did hear Blake Baxter play an absolute blinder in that room...

krakp0t
25-02-2003, 03:34 PM
techno trivia -- "tresor" is german for "vault".

gunjack
25-02-2003, 03:47 PM
http://www.tresorberlin.de/rosert/tresor_club/html/club_index.html

DJ Ginge
25-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Tresor - THE club that introduced techno to Europe (by flying the Americans making the music over to play).

I went a couple of days in a row about 3 years ago because my friend from Catalonia (Joel Pons) was playing.

It was awesome (the downstairs room is the room where the techno was - upstairs was more housey or electro).

A legend.

krakp0t
25-02-2003, 06:56 PM
well spank my ass and call me shirley:

http://new.heimat.de/culturebase/terminausgaben/tresor/rating_body.php3?verort=4891&date=letztezweialle

congratz "special guest" gunsack.

gunjack
26-02-2003, 02:52 AM
thanx petey! brno in czeck republic just confirmed too! w000000t

i am off to start in spain in one week!

hey pete you coming for demf again? we are planning an afterparty bro, get at me.

Anonymous
26-02-2003, 12:55 PM
thanx petey! brno in czech republic just confirmed too!

Citadela?

gunjack
26-02-2003, 02:03 PM
i dunno, lemme ask my agent......

herman
26-02-2003, 02:09 PM
citadela is an ........ermm interesting gig to say the least have fun guys

miasma man
26-02-2003, 02:50 PM
[/quote]krakp0t wrote: techno trivia -- "tresor" is german for "vault".

More Techno trivia

Tresor is also French for "treasure"

i imagine it came from the german language tho...

:lol:

gunjack
26-02-2003, 03:21 PM
citadela is an ........ermm interesting gig to say the least have fun guys

http://rave.cz/2003/fotky/02/cita_poop/37.jpg

i kinda do hope it is at citadela.... nice place no?

MARKEG
26-02-2003, 05:28 PM
citidela was one of the best parties i played at last year... loved it.

herman
26-02-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah its cool, lots and lots of people something like 4000 i think in all the rooms had a good laugh me self just the atmosphere wasn't quite what i hoped for from so many people.most of eastern europe is usually mental (maybe it was me :D )

gunjack
27-02-2003, 02:51 AM
turns out the gig is NOT citadela, but Blassbaster in Brno (smaller than Citadela),,,,,,,, :o

278d7e64a374de26f==