PDA

View Full Version : need el feedbacko

xfive
23-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Hey guys.. wanted to get some feedback on this new little diddy:

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_WO4.mp3

It's pretty much done.. tomorrow I will tweak with a fresh set of ears though..
Good.. bad.. any comments welcome :)

Thanks for listening!
-Chris

xfive
24-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Ahh.... no takers huh? :)

dan the acid man
24-04-2004, 07:37 PM
its hard for me to tell whether the mix is technically there as my phono cables have packed up, so im listening straight from the soundcard with my headphones. musically it was ok, not my cup of tea but it was different.

dirty_bass
24-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Sounds very very thin. you need to use reverb, compression, overdrive and delay to make these sounds bigger and have more presence.
There is hardly any bottom end at all, get in there and ram your fist up it!!! it needs bass.

Very quirky, in a TubeJerk way, which is good.
I like it a lot, but it really needs some serious production work to phatten it up. :cool:

xfive
24-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Sounds very very thin. you need to use reverb, compression, overdrive and delay to make these sounds bigger and have more presence.
There is hardly any bottom end at all, get in there and ram your fist up it!!! it needs bass.

Very quirky, in a TubeJerk way, which is good.
I like it a lot, but it really needs some serious production work to phatten it up. :cool:

hmmm yeah... I'm using all that you mentioned except delay.. I'll give that a shot and try to adjust the rest appropriately.
As far as the bass goes I guess I need to dig the spectrum analyzer out and see what's missin - I think I just need some more freqs in between the bass that's there now, and the kick.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll repost after some tweaks. :)

Col
27-04-2004, 10:07 AM
some nice ideas/sounds here, just needs sorting from a mixing point of view. although im the last person to criticise.

schlongfingers
30-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Thought I'd replied to this post before but seems not - this track is wicked in my opinion, yep could do with mastering better but in terms of ideas and diff. sounds it's excellent. Reminds me of Inigo Kennedy for some reason. I'd buy this if it was on vinyl and had been cleaned up before pressing.

professor
30-04-2004, 04:11 PM
i like this. not the chugga chugga norm. needs a burly bass line propping everything up

xfive
30-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated :)
I have been extremely busy with work this week and FINALLY tonight I will have time to jump back in the studio and fix this up.

Will repost soon!

-Chris

monotone
03-05-2004, 12:02 AM
like the sounds, very oldskool. But as said, add more effect to make the sound 'bigger'

278d7e64a374de26f==