PDA

View Full Version : Will Mr. Barth Return?

SlavikSvensk
24-04-2004, 04:04 AM
I know someone out there has got to know cari lekebusch...any idea if he's going to release any more records as mr. barth?

drift9
24-04-2004, 05:01 AM
i would love to see the return of some mr. barth material. Stealing Music was fantastic :clap:

plincit
24-04-2004, 10:47 AM
****ing hope so cos that new truesoul's a friggin joke.
worst lowest common denominator electro gash.

he really should know better.

The Overfiend
24-04-2004, 01:51 PM
****ing hope so cos that new truesoul's a friggin joke.
worst lowest common denominator electro gash.

he really should know better.

So Cari does electro and it's garbage? I want to know if you think it's garbage because you think it's wack or because Cari tried to do something that wasn't what everyone expected?

SlavikSvensk
24-04-2004, 08:06 PM
i agree with SoS...the truesoul album is one of the most diverse, daring and tuneful techno albums in ages.

Tiptoe
24-04-2004, 08:16 PM
nah plincit is bang into his electro and a very open minded person when it comes to music.

SlavikSvensk
24-04-2004, 09:20 PM
and sometimes we can forget that music is ultimately a matter of taste, but "worst lowest common denominator electro gash" is to me a bit absurd. but that's MY taste, and i happen to really like the way cari has broken the mold with this album. i'm sure plenty others on this board will hate it.

but the truesoul album aside, "$tealin' music" is in my top 5 favorote techno albums of all time, so i'd love to see the return of mr. barth...

...and so far no one has commented on whether cari has any plans for more mr. barth releases...SOMEONE must know the answer!

plincit
25-04-2004, 12:59 PM
and sometimes we can forget that music is ultimately a matter of taste, but "worst lowest common denominator electro gash" is to me a bit absurd. but that's MY taste, and i happen to really like the way cari has broken the mold with this album. i'm sure plenty others on this board will hate it.

it's a 12" mate with jesper dahlback remix and i think i may have been a little under critical at first. after a few more listens i can now confidently say it's by far the worst record he's ever released. must've cost a fair whack to get sting to sing on there aswell :lol:

total crap and we won't be going anywhere near it.

drift9
25-04-2004, 05:13 PM

Yowtch! That's pretty absolute and damning...

In all honesty I haven't heard this yet, but i have trouble imagining cari dropping something so awful. something very weird, yes, but...

SlavikSvensk
25-04-2004, 07:44 PM

it's a 12" mate with jesper dahlback remix and i think i may have been a little under critical at first. after a few more listens i can now confidently say it's by far the worst record he's ever released. must've cost a fair whack to get sting to sing on there aswell :lol:

well, that's your call, but i also have that record and couldn't disagree with you more about that particular mix. but that's your perogative, and i'm not going to waste your time or mine arguing something which we're obviously not going to agree on.

besides, that's only one mix on the 12" and the other two are, to me, quite reminiscent of mr. barth, which judging from your earlier post, we both like quite a bit.

So again...do you--or does anyone else--have any knowledge of any forthcoming mr. barth projects?

278d7e64a374de26f==