PDA

View Full Version : coffee on my desk

FILTERZ
26-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Not very happy about this but maybe someone can help, I have a Mackie 32-8 desk and have up until this weekend never used channels 28-32 anyway , i go to plug something in to channel 28 and the mute button is stuck in and so are the bus assigns, when i look i can see that some bright spark :rambo: (hope their liver fails) :rambo: has spilt beer or possibly tea or coffee on my desk ,although now dry and the channel still works all the buttons are stuck down and the fader is grabbing and sticking :rambo: , you can see where the drink whatever it was has run down the channel strip and into the button and fader holes, opinion seems to be out on what to do some people say just clean around buttons and fader with cotton buds others say spray something on them, others say that if it was tea or cofee with sugar then it might erode the board in my mixer, i am so sicfk but at least it only one channel. Of course all the people that have used my studio in the last six months all swear blind it wasn`t them . BAN DRINKS FROM STUDIO ENVIROMENTS obvious really . :rambo:

MARKEG
26-04-2004, 10:49 AM
well my first plan would be to get down to maplins and buy that contact cleaning spray.

failing that i dont see how anything else would work other than taking the back off.

even then you'd probably need the spray.

get some anyway, it's really useful.

FILTERZ
26-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Give it a go, hopefully i wont have to have back off :cry: cheers for your suggestion, i will go get some today and give it a whirl .

John Vella
28-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Ouch!

**** sakes someone at work once spilt a glass of water on a a video switcher for TV. (probably worth 30,000 quid)

Liquid and electroinics don't mix. :cry:

-j

278d7e64a374de26f==