PDA

View Full Version : Alan Shearer...

Hakka
26-04-2004, 04:45 PM
this man is a legend. 2nd best striker in the Premiership at present and best English striker in the Premiership at present too.

I will be so sad the day he hangs his boots up (end of next season) as he has been an idol of mine when it comes to professional footballers. He doesn't have lightening pace, he has skill and deadly instincts in front of goal. It angers me when people say he is past it, how can he be? just look at his stats. Carling Opta rate him as the most accurate shot to goal ratio in the Premiership with 29% of what he hits going in to the back of the net. That's nearly a goal every 3 shots! - Henry is just over 20%, and Van Nisterooy is 24%. When you look it it like that and take in to account Shearers age, you have to say he is still the man.

His goal against Chelsea was fantastic too...

If you slowed down Henry to the speed of Shearer and aged him to nearly 34, would he still be ahead of him for goals? ;)

Esox Lucius
26-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Shearer is a legend, I would go as far as saying the best British striker ever.....total respect for the guy.

Ashley
26-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah ive always liked him :clap:

Hakka
26-04-2004, 09:43 PM
He just works so hard in a game... the term Alan Shearer having a bad game is just unheard of. If he doens't score, the amount of time he holds up the ball for play to catch up is amazing. He gets back and clears corners, he hits a lethal free kick and his crosses aint half bad either.

Just you don't see many players like him around today. Roy Keane is a similar calibre of player, but of a different world... being the world of midfield.

piginabush
26-04-2004, 11:04 PM
I hate him :shock:

Hakka
27-04-2004, 06:20 AM

How can you justify that? What is it that he does wrong?

Numeric
27-04-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm a Utd fan, so my opinion of Alan Shearer is nowhere near as high as most of the rest of you. However, it impossible to deny that he has been an awesome striker throughout the Premiership years, and can still produce the goods...

To say that he never has a bad game though is a little foolish. Every forward player is gonna 'disapear' from time to time, whether it be through excellent defending from the oposition, lack of fitness, or things just simply not falling in their favour...

Should Shearer feature for England at Euro 04? Considering the lack of quality English forwards on offer right now, who knows?

Hakka
27-04-2004, 02:35 PM
I think Shearer should feature as he is in form and Michael Owen is not at present. There is no other english striker out there who has had a good year. Rooney has had a up and down season, but I doubt that Shearer will come back to England... he seems to stick to his decisions.

The-last-man
27-04-2004, 03:03 PM
There is no denying that he is class, and could easily go on for a couple more years.

Personaly, i dont like him. He's a dirty player and gets others into the book.

Id love to see him @ everton tho, alongside the Roonster! He could be as dirty as he likes then!

Numeric
27-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I heard a rumour that Jay Jay might be on his way to Goodison...

Only a rumour like...

The-last-man
27-04-2004, 03:34 PM
I heard a rumour that Jay Jay might be on his way to Goodison...

Only a rumour like...

Jay Jay would be fecking awesome in our team!

Hope its true... :pray:

BOXY
27-04-2004, 10:09 PM
totally agree with you hakka mate he is a brilliant player and he is still one of the best strikers now as he was a few years back i just wish he would come back and play for england

piginabush
27-04-2004, 10:55 PM

he's dirty, he moans a lot and he wears black and white stripes :roll:

nowt personal hakka mate, surely you know I am a Boro Fan??? I was brought (dragged??) up to despise the skunks :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hakka
28-04-2004, 06:19 AM

he's dirty, he moans a lot and he wears black and white stripes :roll:

nowt personal hakka mate, surely you know I am a Boro Fan??? I was brought (dragged??) up to despise the skunks :shock: :shock: :shock:

ahh... fair enough!

Col
28-04-2004, 12:23 PM
im a big shearer fan. will be a shame when he brings his career to an end next season.

i think hes still got another 2 seasons left in him yet. and maybe he will delay his retirement come the end of next season depending on how he feels. it happens all the time.

DJ SPUDIE
28-04-2004, 03:38 PM
I heard he was taking over at Newcastle at the end of the season... but thats the papers for u

278d7e64a374de26f==