PDA

View Full Version : Gunjack DJ Set 2004 + Live Set 2003

jake
28-04-2004, 09:45 PM
http://db313.ath.cx/~sida/gunjack.html

Where are you based now?
I travel often between Tokyo and Madrid. These are the cities in which I feel most comfortable.

In what ways might you personally find quality in a piece of music, and how do you strive to achieve quality in your own work?
I think that the shape and structure of the groove is important. The arrangement and amount of effort put into a piece are also important, but some of the best tracks for me are often the simplest. It's a question of taste really. I like music that is less contrived and is passionate, but not overtly...

How do you feel about questions of authorship within the context of contemporary production processes?
Look, I feel that folks need to try and be as original as they can. If you jack loops, give credit to the author. If you use an engineer, give him credit. I hate hearing about authorship conflicts, but it is a fact of life in our shrinking industry.

How would you describe your latest release, Daily Apocalypse, and what can be expected from you in the future?
Daily Apocalypse is a record that reflects a crazy time in my life. The Gunjack Collector's Series is a label for expressing myself in a very personal way, and this record is only a taste of things to come.

Alternative musicians often pair their art with ways of being (Cage/alternate musical contexts as alternate social contexts, Bahaus artists/all-encompasing aesthetic, Robert Hood declaring his lifestyle as minimal as his releases)...In what significant ways might your music mirror your own ways of living/thinking?
I feel that my music is a reflection of the nomadic life I lead. "Raw" is a word I would use to describe my life and my sound. The grit of Tokyo, the wild spirit of Madrid, the gangsterism of Los Angeles - these things all play a role in my interpretation of the modern sound.

Your online bios cite hip-hop and free jazz as some of your earlier musical interests. How has this affected the way you think about/approach music?
Profoundly. I feel hip hop, jazz, and pure techno are invariably linked by a spirit of conceptualism and improvisation.

What do you find most difficult or unsatisfactory while producing music?
Distractions.

Why do you think techno remains relatively unpopular in the US, particularly in comparison to countries like Japan and Germany?
It's the same thing that happened with jazz - invented by Americans but subsequently ignored by the American population and embraced in Europe and Asia. American follks just aren't ready for the change brought on by music that raises issues.

Describe the workings of your relationship with your label/distributors/etc...
I run the labels myself and work very closely with my distributor.

Is there anything outside of music (visual art, fiction, cinema, etc) that you find particularly interesting/inspirational?
Of course. I love the cinema. I read a lot as well, but in the end, travel is the most inspirational...

Can you tell us about some of your newest projects?
Well the next record out is DM05 "Mayhem in Madrid" EP featuring me and two Spanish producers (Wavesound and Reeko), and after that is DM06, a Gunjack single featuring Takaaki Itoh. Also the third installment of the Gunjack Collector's Series is in the works! I am also working on a pure hip hop album, writing lyrics and recording everyday.....lots of work and not enough time!

interview by bijan for droid (email) april 23, 2004

DROID
28-04-2004, 10:08 PM
gunnysacked

Craig McW
29-04-2004, 06:43 AM
noice!!

DROID
29-04-2004, 06:52 AM
ANOTHER DROID EXCLUSIVE!!! :clap:

TripleX
29-04-2004, 02:01 PM
thx a lot :clap:

flipper
29-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Sorry but need to correct this.

Jake wrote

It's the same thing that happened with jazz - invented by Americans but subsequently ignored by the American population and embraced in Europe and Asia.

Black Americans.

House was invented by DJ Ron Hardy. A Blackman.
Some Blackmans (Saunderson, Mills and Bailly) from detroit mixed Ron's groove with Kraftwork and Techno was born.

Maybe Americans are just Racists.

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 04:41 PM

Jake wrote

It's the same thing that happened with jazz - invented by Americans but subsequently ignored by the American population and embraced in Europe and Asia.

Black Americans.

Some Blackmans (Saunderson, Mills and Bailly) from detroit mixed Ron's groove with Kraftwork and Techno was born.

What does it matter! You're saying that Americans don't listen to techno because they are racist? That's beyond ignorant.

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Brian these sets kill. You know where I stand Chief. All support.

TripleX
29-04-2004, 06:42 PM

Jake wrote

Black Americans.

why is hip hop that big in the states then, its blackmusic aswell

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 07:23 PM

Jake wrote

Black Americans.

why is hip hop that big in the states then, its blackmusic aswell

my point exactly

flipper
30-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Maybe because Americans are just stupid.

DROID
30-04-2004, 05:00 PM
GUNNY IS A BLACK MANS

hahhaaha

:clap:

The Overfiend
30-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Maybe because Americans are just stupid.

Maybe you're ignorant and are speaking about something you have no clue about?

professor
30-04-2004, 06:57 PM
I don't think this thread can go anywhere good...
@ Flipper - the stupid american comment certainly wasn't necessary...and all that does is piss us off. IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH THEN SITTING BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN IS NOT THE WAY TO CONVEY THAT MESSAGE.

flipper
30-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Ok Sorry :oops:

Malfunction
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Quality mix! :clap: Does anyone have a tracklist for this by chance?

Tiptoe
01-05-2004, 06:51 PM
this is ****ing awsome stuff mate. Techno just the way it should be

DROID
02-05-2004, 01:06 AM
*hangs from the gunnysack*

good work again gunny...thanks for taking the time to answer some questions and drop us a few mixes

:clap:

DJPAUZE
03-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Wow, this is the new mix in my cd player!
Mr Gunjack, your rock dude, you make the kind of techno I love to listen to! Hard, dark, dirty.

Respect to you my friend.
Pauze :twisted:

TripleX
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
both sets kick ass gunny :love:

maily
05-05-2004, 02:22 AM
my word! that live set is fukin balistic, got me dancin round my room :clap: :clap:

DROID
05-05-2004, 03:55 PM
everybody callin him gunny now :lol:

gunjack
05-05-2004, 03:56 PM
just got back from a very looooong weekend with a lovely young bird, and what do i find? i am an ignorant racist? whatever you want to think is cool bro, but my folks will tell you that just aint the case...... anyway, thanx to droid, jake, triple x and all the folks for interest in my humble projects. some of the tunes from the dj mix went on sale today, so please look on juno or something for DM05 and REV02.

much luv to the v bros, bijan, jake and the whole west side crew.

b

p.s., when i have time to try and make a tracklist, i will sort it out hehe

gunjack
05-05-2004, 04:01 PM
.........and pauze GOOD TO SEE YA BRO!!!!!!

gunjack
05-05-2004, 04:05 PM
everybody callin him gunny now :lol:

no shit huh? funny stuff v. whoda thunk it? send me your mailing addy again and i will send copies of reverse 02, dm05 atc. for you, jakey and droid krew.......... i am out for today but see you guys soon!

Buttman
05-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Black Americans.

Maybe Americans are just Racists.[/quote]

Who is the racist? The one separating the white americans from the chinese/mexican/black/etc. americans or the one who addresses them all in the same way?

gunjack
07-05-2004, 11:32 AM
w3rd 3m th4 f4ck up m1k4!!!!!!

gunjack
11-05-2004, 02:36 PM
flipper, why do you continue to deprive your local village of their idiot?

The Overfiend
19-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Who is the racist? The one separating the white americans from the chinese/mexican/black/etc. americans or the one who addresses them all in the same way?

Great Point Mika. :hmm:

bornaa
20-05-2004, 04:20 PM
i am sorry to burst your bubble, but techno was invented in 1924. by a vietnamese crackwhore named Cing Lee that had native american dad and a pakistani monther....she also was a hermafrodite and had 2 left feet....

DROID
23-05-2004, 05:02 AM
who had the bigger wang? :rambo:

gunjack
11-06-2004, 07:12 PM
DJ mix tracklist:

1. Go Hiyama "LC3" (Electracom)

2. Supagrupa "Supagrupa 001" (Supagrupa)

3. HU "Kocur v trube" (PVC)

4. Exium "Radio EP" (Mainout)

5. Gunjack "Denial" (Reverse)

6. OR "Geminis" (Reverse)

7. Gunjack "7C" (Reverse)

8. Gunjack "Consume or be Consumed" (Deafmosaic)

9. Olga and Yusef "Som sam radam" (Backstage)

10. Takaaki Itoh "Put" (PVC)

11. Oliver Ho "Terra Icognota" (Meta)

12. British Murder Boys "Don´t Give way to fear" (Counterbalance)

13. Gunjack "Outsider (Remake)" (Gunjack Collectors Series Volume 001)

14. Reeko "Blood Pressure" (Deafmosaic)

15. Christian Wunsch "Unexpected" (Sheep)

16. Fishguard "Sitcom 001" (Sitcom)

17. Reeko "Nightwalker" (Deafmosaic)

18. Gunjack "Hate your neighbor" (Gunjack Collectors Series volume 002)

19. Gunjack "Hex" (Gunjack Collectors Series Volume 001)

20. Gunjack "Outlands (Mark Broom remix)" (Sheep)

21. Gunjack "Outlands" (Sheep)

22. Gunjack "Into Apathy" (Gunjack Collectors Series Volume 001)

23. Exos "Disko" (Deafmosaic 003 Misprint)

Live set tracklist:

1. intro

2. 7c

3. Garrett Dillon remix loop

4. Unseen07

5. Unseen02

6. ACD

7. DJ Amok "Koma" (Gunjack RMX)

8. Urban Assault (Reakon)

9. Hex

10. Kongo Bongo Americano

11. Unseen07

12. Subversive

13. Kash

14. Redhot

15. Scumsuck

16. Jb3

17. Smash n´Grab (intro)

18. Podwalk

19. Smash n´Grab

20. 3l3c7r0luv

21. The Exit Sign

basslinejunkie
11-06-2004, 07:21 PM
do any online stores stock them tunes/labels?? been lookin for this type of techno but cant find any anywhere :roll: :cry: f*ckin superb mix/live pa by the way gunjack,proper techno :rambo: ;)

gunjack
12-06-2004, 03:55 PM
hanx for your compliments, you can order nearly all of these records through jaxxrecords.com or most at juno.co.uk ......... :rambo:

DJPAUZE
09-07-2004, 04:29 AM
OH boy does this post need a bump or what!

Download this shit now!!!!

Pauze :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==