PDA

View Full Version : one night in hackney

MangaFish
28-04-2004, 10:32 PM
am i the only one that hates this tune? :eh:

theres been so much stuff on the same label that have been cheeky yet solid tracks, but this one is pure cheeseville (imo of course).

the only good thing about it is it reminded me how fukin good 'one night in NYC' is :lol:

MangaFish
28-04-2004, 10:33 PM
thinking about it, i should have added this in the other topic rather than starting a new one :doh:

o well, its been done now

dan the acid man
29-04-2004, 01:33 AM
you may not like the sample but the rest of the tune isnt cheesy in anyway, i find it to be a dark and dirty tune, i love it

Si the Sigh
29-04-2004, 07:48 AM
I think One Night in Hackney has pulled an interest towards techno for some people, and thats a good thing. It's party music, and it has a sense of humour. Fair fu*king play to Chris & Henry. I personally think its a wicked tune. Ok, so it wears a little thin after a few plays, but the crowd seems to love it & it gets the reaction where it matters...On the dancefloor. I have seen this tune convert a few hard trance heads & its made them look into the London techno sound. Thats surely a good thing?

Fake DJ
29-04-2004, 07:53 AM
I think One Night in Hackney has pulled an interest towards techno for some people, and thats a good thing. It's party music, and it has a sense of humour. Fair fu*king play to Chris & Henry. I personally think its a wicked tune. Ok, so it wears a little thin after a few plays, but the crowd seems to love it & it gets the reaction where it matters...On the dancefloor. I have seen this tune convert a few hard trance heads & its made them look into the London techno sound. Thats surely a good thing?

Absolutley, the record shop i work in and the countless number of "non-technoists" that come in asking bout it saying what a tune it is, it's gotta be good for the scene :)

Si the Sigh
29-04-2004, 07:55 AM
You know that! And for that fact alone, respect is due to Chris & Henry. Yes?

jonnyspeed
29-04-2004, 09:27 AM
breath out.... and relax. Just think cool blue oceans... its just one tune :)

...but apparently its still selling by the box load.

Si the Sigh
29-04-2004, 09:30 AM
I know its only one tune, but it seems to have done a bit of a converting mission on some people! :lol:

jonnyspeed
29-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Not you Si, I know you're tastes ;) That was directed at MangaFish....

Si the Sigh
29-04-2004, 09:54 AM
:doh: :lol:

Paul Zykotik
29-04-2004, 10:33 AM
It's true - loads of people want this tune. Even on USH (the happy hardcore version of this forum) they're going mad for it. I know a few people from that site that heard that tune, checked out Chris Liberator on my recommendation, and are getting well into their London techno. Can't be a bad thing.

Si the Sigh
29-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Exactly! :lol:

jonnyspeed
29-04-2004, 12:39 PM
It's true - loads of people want this tune. Even on USH (the happy hardcore version of this forum) they're going mad for it. I know a few people from that site that heard that tune, checked out Chris Liberator on my recommendation, and are getting well into their London techno. Can't be a bad thing.

I've always thought that hard house and happy hardcore people only liked that stuff because hadn't heard proper acid techno yet :lol:

basslinejunkie
29-04-2004, 12:54 PM
you may not like the sample but the rest of the tune isnt cheesy in anyway, i find it to be a dark and dirty tune, i love it

2 rite,that bassline growls at u :twisted: :rambo: the vocals are cheesy yes but its meant 2 b i guess,they make me chucckle everytime i here them which is good.

serox
29-04-2004, 04:59 PM
stopped playing it after i slun it at som1 at a hackney party:) few weeks back was at party in hackney that lasted 4 days and i must have heard it played about 80 times? at one point i could hear it being played on two systems zzz

thought it was cool at first, but not when you go hackney so often:)

BOXY
29-04-2004, 05:16 PM
i think its a wikkid tune

MangaFish
29-04-2004, 08:25 PM
looks like i am the only one then :lol:

i'm cool about it, i have nothing against the hardhouse monkeys playing it and descovering a new found love for techno (just as long as they dont kill it with their piss poor atempts at mimicing the sound with little (or no) understanding about the concept behind techno - but thats another rant all together;) )

where was i? i have nothing against hardhouse DJs playing it as its basically an injection of new matreial in an otherwise stagnant genre. but as techno records go by, i think its poor.

at the end of the day its each to the own. i cant be expected to like every record a dj plays, just like i cant expect everybody to like the records i play.

altho i'd just like to say that if dave clarke or abe f play this tune on sat, there will be blood on the dance floor ;)

LiamStyles
30-04-2004, 01:40 AM
altho i'd just like to say that if dave clarke or abe f play this tune on sat, there will be blood on the dance floor ;)

I seriously doubt thats gonna happen Laurence

zigojacko
30-04-2004, 01:49 AM
this is a story of a young man who visited london for the first time,

i heard about this party on a sunday afternoon,

i'd ben up all saturday night and i was raring to go.

they said it was in hackney,
in an old abondoned warehouse

i said, what kinda muzic do they play there... and they told me,
techno..........

one night in hackney...

after walking for hours,
throught the urban sprawls

i finally heard the boom of the sound system,
and as we turned the corner, we saw some strange ppl............. hanging around

one night in hackney....

ONE NIGHT IN HACKNEY....

the muzic was swirling around my head, as i wandered into the darkened building,
and as i found my way to the dancefloor someone stopped me and said take this pill,

so i took it and i said... what was that? and they said... ecstacy,

and then they offered me a line and i said... what was that? and they said... ketamine,

so i took it and then i took some cocaine and then some speed and then some acid and then i drank 15 cans of stella 15 cans of stella (hahaha) and i stayed until monday night...

one night in hackney...

ONE NIGHT IN HACKNEY...

one night in hackney...

one night in hackney...

one night in hackney...

ONE NIGHT IN HACKNEY...

i like it - lol :clap:

MangaFish
30-04-2004, 02:00 AM

hehe tru. but then stranger thing have known to happen (like me beatmatch) :lol:

disco diva
30-04-2004, 07:25 AM
, i have nothing against the hardhouse monkeys playing it
where was i? i have nothing against hardhouse DJs playing it as its basically an injection of new matreial in an otherwise stagnant genre. ;)

Nice reply Laurence!! hmmm hardhouse monkeys, let me see where have I heard that before :roll: if your gonna insult other genres at least come up with your own phrases, instead of using others!! & as for the stagnant genre of HH, why is it that your demo cd's have stagnant HH tunes on them??? hmmmmm *scratchy chin!!*

disco diva
30-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Oh yeh & as for the tune is question, I think it's ace :clap:

disco diva
30-04-2004, 07:28 AM

Oh hiya Liam, welcome aboard, your leg ready for the weekend hon ;) :lol:

zigojacko
30-04-2004, 08:15 AM
is there any other remixes/versions of Dynamo City - 'One Night In Hackney' then? :)

Jutt
30-04-2004, 01:39 PM

Yes this tune has converted to me to liking acid techno.

Esox Lucius
30-04-2004, 02:03 PM
not into it myself, not my style, it is quitea funny track though.

dan the acid man
30-04-2004, 09:15 PM
is there any other remixes/versions of Dynamo City - 'One Night In Hackney' then? :)

not yet, too soon

anx
30-04-2004, 10:09 PM
is anybody sick of it yet? i know i am! great tune, i played the shit out of it, just heard it too many bloody times already. just like murder was the bass. over playeeeeed. but good.

jake
30-04-2004, 11:10 PM
i havent heard it.. samples anyone?

Rog
01-05-2004, 12:01 AM
one night in a village in kent - thats class!

maybe cause im from kent,, lol :oops:

DJ Pearcey
01-05-2004, 12:40 PM
its a very simple track but I find it works well. mental vocal.

MangaFish
01-05-2004, 12:59 PM
, i have nothing against the hardhouse monkeys playing it
where was i? i have nothing against hardhouse DJs playing it as its basically an injection of new matreial in an otherwise stagnant genre. ;)

Nice reply Laurence!! hmmm hardhouse monkeys, let me see where have I heard that before :roll: if your gonna insult other genres at least come up with your own phrases, instead of using others!! & as for the stagnant genre of HH, why is it that your demo cd's have stagnant HH tunes on them??? hmmmmm *scratchy chin!!*

the hardhouse tunes i play are very non-genreic. plus i never said i had anything against hardhouse, but as a genre it is stagnent when you compare it to techno/trance/house/etc

as for the 'hardhouse monkeys' comment, just a (toungue in cheek) joke. i still do the odd hardhouse club as well as my techno / house / prog / breaks / etc events. i openly admit i dance like a monkey to hardhouse. everyone does. its the only why you can dance to it really :lol:

disco diva
01-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Nah sweety, your wrong, it's D&B they dance like baboons!! ;)

jonnyspeed
11-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Bump...

dirty_bass
11-11-2004, 02:37 AM
ahhhh
noooo
it burns master
it burnsssssss

Mucky Beats
11-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Now i think this tune rocks coz it was one of those tunes that get people talking .... i mean its been out for how long now... and its got 2 topics about it in this forum alone!
when it came out i played it and saw it rock clubs and outdoor partys ... and i mean full on crusty crowds who love there hard jacking stuff but this was a tune that gave my set a real vibe...drop it in the middle of the set and **** me does it rock!!!!!!!
ok now i am kinda sick of hearing it coz so many djs have cained it but than again having vocals does tend to do that if you hear it to much!!!! but lets hope it can now become a classic and be put away and pulled out of the bag now and again for that real feel good factor!
i could'nt call it cheese coz i 've seen it rock more traveler sites than clubs? its just one of those tunes you love or hate :love:

penthesilea
12-11-2004, 09:17 AM
yeah, it's like... too close for comfort :hmm:

any tune played as much as this one is gonna get on your nerves
It's like that "Hello Kitty" (called Musty in my time) records I was addicted to when I was 3... My mum just broke it in two one day...

but hey, some House friends (yes, I have friends in all sorts of weird places...) of mine even like it!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==