PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Techno

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I want more
Dj Zank
Dj Shufflemaster
Takaki Itoh, there's plenty more, am I the only one here that loves their sound?

Stuart
29-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Shufflemaster Played at House of God in Birmingham UK (not Alabama) he didn't go down to well coz he played hard house too.

ncw
29-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Fumiya Tanaka
Hiroaki Iizuka
Go Hiyama
Hideyuki Eto

Si the Sigh
29-04-2004, 02:06 PM
I'm liking the stuff K.N's producing with Ant...

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Shufflemaster Played at House of God in Birmingham UK (not Alabama) he didn't go down to well coz he played hard house too.

Why do people consider the disco filter sound hard house?
If anything it's taking the chicago recipe to the face and speeding it up a few notches. Look at bad boy bill he was doing that sound in like 96 :neutral:

gary_human
29-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah DJ Zank's the man!!

What happened to the U7 label?

Those tracks are awesome!!!

jonnyspeed
29-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I was gonna say KN, too

jonnyspeed
29-04-2004, 02:29 PM

If anything it's taking the chicago recipe to the face and speeding it up a few notches. Look at bad boy bill he was doing that sound in like 96 :neutral:

'cos its hard and has a chicago (ware)house feel so because it isn't nonsense hard as nails z z z z sh sh sh sh z z z z fuzz from an underground label doing cheap-as-chips pressing its therefore... 'hard house' - their loss!

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah DJ Zank's the man!!

What happened to the U7 label?

Those tracks are awesome!!!

u7 was some of the grooviest techno without being cheesy minimal I've heard in a long time. but housedust rules the gasoline alley ep was golden :twisted:

Esox Lucius
29-04-2004, 02:49 PM
big fan of shufflemaster, and tanaka aswell.

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Shufflemaster is the definition of range.
Even his ambient sounding shit is grooving, and the cut da shit remix was hot nickels!

Spark
29-04-2004, 04:00 PM
T-Kitani :!:
Fumiya Tanaka

gunjack
29-04-2004, 04:50 PM
( :twisted: spam :twisted: ) gunjack and takaaki dm06 "rokugo" PROMOS IN 3 WEEKS!( :twisted: end spam :twisted: )

Dustin Zahn
29-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Tanaka's double pack that came out on Teorma (sp?) last year was pretty awesome. I like some of Itoh's tracks and Go Hiyama seems to be doing some really cool stuff. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything in forever from Shufflemaster that I can think off of my head.

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 05:32 PM
( :twisted: spam :twisted: ) gunjack and takaaki dm06 "rokugo" PROMOS IN 3 WEEKS!( :twisted: end spam :twisted: )

Damn Brian from the 12 other spams I didn't know about this one! :lol:

Stuart
29-04-2004, 05:54 PM

Birmingham has a particular sound they like when it comes to techno. as does london has its own sound. and that isn't on the agenda.

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 06:23 PM

Birmingham has a particular sound they like when it comes to techno. as does london has its own sound. and that isn't on the agenda.

That's totally understood. But that goes into the dj's consideration. You can't always play everycrowd like so. I understand your point

plincit
29-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Tanaka's double pack that came out on Teorma (sp?) last year was pretty awesome. I like some of Itoh's tracks and Go Hiyama seems to be doing some really cool stuff. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything in forever from Shufflemaster that I can think off of my head.

a tanaka double on torema last year?!!
why did no one tell me?

gonna have to stay at work late now and find some, me dinners ready as well....

jourdain
29-04-2004, 06:40 PM
The EXP-album from Shufflemaster was awesome ;)

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 08:25 PM
F*ck Yeah it was as was the forthinter track that went straight into opaqueness that was pefect

Electracom
29-04-2004, 09:20 PM
New Hiroaki Iizuka release now out on Electracom. Previews at www.electracom.co.uk/news.htm

Stella Boy
29-04-2004, 10:53 PM
New Hiroaki Iizuka release now out on Electracom. Previews at www.electracom.co.uk/news.htm

Thanks for the link. Input Machines & Murder License are class :clap:.

Buttman
30-04-2004, 10:13 AM
That new ECOM is quite nice!

Go Hiyama is deffo THE Jap for me though.

VOMATRON
01-05-2004, 04:20 PM
yellow magic orchestra :D

Methodixxx
02-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Akira Ishihawa has done some noice stuff lately... the Submissions he did obviously, but also the last Reel Musiq was pretty dang funkin' ;) Shufflemaster and Beatty have done some quality tunes too over the years that you can't go past... and Co-Fusion would be my other pick, I love their stuff...

The Overfiend
02-05-2004, 03:27 AM
Akira Ishihawa has done some noice stuff lately... the Submissions he did obviously, but also the last Reel Musiq was pretty dang funkin' ;) Shufflemaster and Beatty have done some quality tunes too over the years that you can't go past... and Co-Fusion would be my other pick, I love their stuff...

Co F*ckin Fusion Hell Yes. :rambo:

Spark
02-05-2004, 04:50 AM
I can't wait to see Fumiya! But he's almost never in europe :eh:

Dustin Zahn
02-05-2004, 07:06 AM
That new ECOM is quite nice!

Go Hiyama is deffo THE Jap for me though.

Haven't heard the new ECOM yet but I'm really eager to hear Hiyama's progression in the next year or two...sounds promising.

snooch
03-05-2004, 08:51 AM
The EXP-album from Shufflemaster was awesome ;)

I agree. That didn't leave my car for a good two weeks when I first got it. Fourthinter and the track right after it are the shit.

Adverse
03-05-2004, 01:22 PM
F*ck Yeah it was as was the forthinter track that went straight into opaqueness that was pefect

you're a geek. but you also speak truth :)

The Overfiend
04-05-2004, 12:56 AM

maybe, but i can break your jaw quicker than you could finish saying the word geek :dontevengothere:

Tony
04-05-2004, 01:20 AM

maybe, but i can break your jaw quicker than you could finish saying the word geek :dontevengothere:

:clap: touche sir

...and to you sir, some bandages and a little bag for your teeth. ouch!

gotta keep on top of these ****ers man!!!

gunjack
05-05-2004, 04:07 PM

Damn Brian from the 12 other spams I didn't know about this one! :lol:

leave me alone you bastid, i am excited about this one!!!!!! :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==