PDA

View Full Version : Headroom Shades Of Shape

The Overfiend
29-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Woodcarver is possibly my ultimate techno record

it seriously defines techno for me, what a record

I somewhat agree. Some of the abrasive rawness of it is one of my favorite things in techno. Headroom played that sound really well on their Shades of Shape album.

Shades Of Shape structured the formula for techno right now, in certain aspects. I think It set a new standard and people don't realize that right now. But I don't think that one of headroom could have done that much by themselves. As much credit I give to Skoog and Henrik for knowing groove, Aeon Flux has the illest ear for just sound itself. I once heard a snippet on his web page of shit it sounded like he was f*cking around with and the kid is sick. I would listen to an hour of just his textures, and i would kill for his sample library. For all of you that got into techno after 2000 Do the homework and buy this. Don't download it buy it. It's one of those gotta have it and look at the old school new york pics while listening. One of my personal classics and I'm sure more will agree.

detfella
29-04-2004, 06:38 PM
what a classic album. Never heard of Aeron Flux :oops: does he release under any other names?

drift9
29-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Agreed--great album and it really helped set some tone for post-2000 hard techno.

Thinking back, it seems the Headroom guys were just about everywhere back then with fantastic release after fantastic release.

Dustin Zahn
29-04-2004, 06:48 PM
His real name is Aon Flux. I think he only has a couple solo releases.

As for Shades of Shape, I'm not sure how much it influenced techno today but it certainly rocks and was probably P.R.'s best album (Vessels is damn good too).

My favorite tracks on the album are A2 and D2. B2 is damn good too.

MARKEG
29-04-2004, 07:37 PM
well shades of shape was a definiting moment for me and techno. that album never left my side for months. i remember i have 3 vinyl copies and 2 cd's and all of them got worn out.

for me one of the best albums in the last 5 yrs.

Dustin Zahn
29-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Theoretically I own two copies as well. I bought Ian a copy at the shop cause he said he'd pay me back and he never did! Bastard!

Adverse
30-04-2004, 05:00 AM
there is no better techno :P

one
30-04-2004, 10:40 AM
his real name is aon flux? ok

killarava2day
30-04-2004, 12:05 PM
I really dug their loop off the Shayton EP, but I concer, that LP was ahead of it's time for sure.

Jimfish
30-04-2004, 01:06 PM
his real name is aon flux? ok

;)

Paul Zykotik
30-04-2004, 02:40 PM
I remember being blown away by their first two releases on Compound (which still sound awesome today), and when that album came out it exceeded everything I was expecting. Can't think of many records that have done that in the last few years!

The Overfiend
30-04-2004, 03:14 PM
I would also assume when three people are in the stuido theres a lot more insight as to what sounds right and what can be worked, it is an advantage.

Adverse
03-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I would also assume when three people are in the stuido theres a lot more insight as to what sounds right and what can be worked, it is an advantage.

SOS is truly ridiculous. i found only imagination (mull best work imo) and chaos and order (lekebusch) to be better in all the lp's i've heard.

Sunil
03-05-2004, 01:35 PM

SOS is truly ridiculous. i found only imagination (mull best work imo) and chaos and order (lekebusch) to be better in all the lp's i've heard.

"Protechtion" by Beyer was pretty damn good too..

Adverse
03-05-2004, 01:45 PM
can't say no to that.

The Overfiend
03-05-2004, 11:58 PM

yo mama is rediculous belnuts.

by the way tell her and big dog will diesel
antonio says hi and see her soon ;) .

djkilo
05-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Hydraulix 23 http://usb.unitedsb.de/images/smiles/banga.gif
This Defines Techno For Moi ATM :rambo: BOOM BOOM BOOM!
HArd Techno FOREVAH
muahahahahah :twisted:

djkilo
05-05-2004, 01:16 PM

Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! You Funny Tony :lol: :clap:

Joseph Isaac
05-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Shades of Shape....remarkable.

Adverse
05-05-2004, 09:28 PM

she's still not smoking :D !

The Overfiend
05-05-2004, 09:58 PM

she's still not smoking :D !

GOOD!
Too bad I havent quit smokin the bob marl lol :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==