PDA

View Full Version : Crime you're doing yourself proud...

MARKEG
30-04-2004, 12:01 AM
I have to say, the recent stuff I've heard from you is mindblowing. I just wish I had more of it. Nice one mate, you're doing a great job :clap: :clap: :clap:

jonnyspeed
30-04-2004, 07:08 PM
really looking forward to crime003 - and from what I hear it will wonderfuly grimry dirty at its finest :?:

Rog
30-04-2004, 11:56 PM
mark... you owe me a cigarette or two ;)

Its the dude from underground city and the mass ;)

DJZeMig_L
01-05-2004, 02:26 PM
as far as I know M.H has always donne us pround! ;)

Z

Methodixxx
02-05-2004, 01:13 AM
He's got 3 newies out now yeah...? They all are pretty damn sweet, not exactly my cuppa to play but I'd be getting down on the floor if somebody else dropped them...

My pick of all the new ones would be the 'Mistake' track on the next Djax.... it's damn tasty!

Methodixxx
02-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Ahhhhh Mr Crime... just read your interveiw on littledetroit...... glad to see another Trope lover out there!!! :love: I didn't think there was many of us left... my trope collection is still one of my most (if not the most) prized pieces out of all my tunes (not that I own all of them or anything unfortunately.... :( ) Mmmmmnnnnnnn Trope 7.... Vogel and Begg.... :love:

jonnyspeed
05-05-2004, 04:29 PM
looks like you are getting some good plays on John Peel too
;)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=mark+hawkins+peel+site%3Awww.bbc.co.uk

crime
05-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Cheers for the props, guys!
@Methodixx: yeah, the early trope stuff was the bomb, which is why I ended up doing a wavescape (Heckmann's other label). was hoping that it was going to come out on Trope, but it seems that Trope is on the back burner for Thomas at the moment...

there's more in the pipeline too, I'm just putting the finishing touches to my new Pro-Jex e.p. which is some of my more accessable dancefloor stuff, and the new Mosquito should be hitting soon, it's at the pressing plant at the moment... we should have crime 03 out by the end of the month too, + Maybe another Djax before the year is out...

Thanks again guys, it can seem like a thankless job sometimes, stuck in this basment in Hackney making tunes night and day, and it can be hard to know if people are feeling and understanding what I'm trying to do.. It means a lot! :clap:

jonnyspeed
06-05-2004, 09:31 PM
And personally its great to hear real individuality and talent - when there is such a churn of disposable party music. Chancer 5 is really sweat :clap:

DJZeMig_L
06-05-2004, 09:56 PM
I've always tolled ya u sucker... Yer stuff is very good sometimes we don't get treated right but hopefully we manage 2 find the force 2 keep fighting the pop opresors and do what we feel!!

Stay true.. we'll keep buying!

Z

Sunil
07-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Ahhhhh Mr Crime... just read your interveiw on littledetroit...... glad to see another Trope lover out there!!! :love: I didn't think there was many of us left... my trope collection is still one of my most (if not the most) prized pieces out of all my tunes (not that I own all of them or anything unfortunately.... :( ) Mmmmmnnnnnnn Trope 7.... Vogel and Begg.... :love:

My favourite Trope is "Phosphene" :love:

Jimfish
13-05-2004, 02:41 PM
cor i just listened to a track called 'kick it hard, bitch' on shed.. its wicked! i didnt used to like the MH stuff myself but if this is the way things are going then its all gotta be good :)

serox
13-05-2004, 02:58 PM
MH ?

any mp3s online?

professor
13-05-2004, 03:07 PM
@serox:

try nuloop for "mark hawkins"

serox
13-05-2004, 04:31 PM
ahh :)

gary_human
24-05-2004, 08:03 PM
I heard the main man play a set at the Section 63 party at the weekend and he really wonked it up - REAL NICE!

Glad I have met and heard him now and I'll definiteley be searching for that vinyl.

:lol:

jonnyspeed
24-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I got alot of Mark's back catalogue from music-head.de and trackheads. Talk to Rob at trackheads he'll sort you out an order and knows his shit.

jonnyspeed
24-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Mark Hawkins' "The New World Order EP" is damn fine - 4 tracks (in order) that are hard, clanky, squelchy and spacey electro.

basslinejunkie
24-05-2004, 09:06 PM
shed 3 is amazing,the a2 track is absoultely mental :rambo: kick it hard bitch is what its called of the top of my head.any1 who hasnt got it id definately recommend buying it.

jonnyspeed
24-05-2004, 09:09 PM
...I'd say anybody that hadn't got shed 1, 2 and 3 should zip to the shops and get the last few copies ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==