PDA

View Full Version : ****IN GUTTED

eyes without a face
17-10-2002, 03:44 AM
i know it says no foul language mark but please excuse me this once.

ive just somehow managed to delete all the samples ive been working with lately, so about 8 tracks and about 4 weeks worth of work have gone. ****in lost. 8 decent tracks, some of which were really impressive, have just ****in gone. and i am upset. not angry or pissed off. upset.

wot a horrible ****in nite ive had

MARKEG
17-10-2002, 03:48 AM
your excused - but only because computers do my head in too. just this bloody once though. and seeing as though it's you :=]
Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/16/02 9:58:45 pm

eyes without a face
17-10-2002, 04:24 AM
WHOOOOOOOOOO happy days

ive managed to relocate the said samples, but unfortunately im gonna have to re-sequence my tracks cos ive had to put samples in a different directory and fruity cant find them where its lookin but hey at least ive got em back hey

DJZeMig_L
17-10-2002, 08:15 PM
I know this is a bit lame 2 say now but "U can never have enougth backups....!!

I use 2 partions on my HD (one 4 mailing/ work etc.. with 1 XP) another with another XP just 4 music (no probs with Xp so far... go 2 steinberg.net and find a page about tweeks 4 XP.. makes a hell of a lot of difference)... this is tha best way ... also constantly use my cd-rw and my external hd!!!

Try loading the fruity tracks and load 2 each instrument the samples at they're current location ... or do the oposite.. find out where they should b and the create that folder and copy de sample 2 there!!.. not fool proof but still beats have 2 seq. everything again!!

Z

eyes without a face
17-10-2002, 08:54 PM
aye ive been reassigning the samples today and ive got most of my stuff back, still a few bits missing but nothing i cant redo

happy days

DJAmok
17-10-2002, 11:37 PM
awww crap man! I´m sorry for ya!

but it happen´s once in a while. Happened to me 2 Months ago. PC got an electric cicruit breakdown and the whole harddrive was erased

278d7e64a374de26f==